Author Topic: BG1UB updates to v16.4 with completed Spanish Translation and Improvements!  (Read 7561 times)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
The mod updates to v16.2!

v16.2 comes with changes as listed below. Main change is that the component "Coran & the Wyvern" is now again enabled for BGT!

Currently, the new version is only availbale from the official PPG GitHub Mirror.
PPG Download page will be updated when I send Kulyok all updated mod packages.

Changes:
- Re-eabled Coran and The Wyvern component for BGT
- Svlast will be at his place at all times of day.
- Moved NimFurlwing and her dogs further south to make the encounter compatible with Aurora Shoes and Boots which spawns a great horde of monsters where bg1ub placed the Furlwing encounter originally.
- Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: Watch on level 6 will now have same random dialogue as the watches on the other library levels (spawn watch9.cre instead of custom version of watch2).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 09:07:41 AM by jastey »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
bg1ub updates to v16.4!
The update comes with a completed Spanish translation by OmegaZeroVIII and some improvements. Kivan's interjection with Tazok should no longer prevent Tazok getting hostile in BGT.

Changelog v16.4:
- Changed syntax of Kivan's interjection with Tazok to make it more stable (I_C_T instead of I_C_T2).
- Spanish version updated and completed by OmegaZeroVIII.
- Corrected entry for "Beregost_House08_L2" in cpmvars.tpas.
- Readme updated.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Thanks for this new release, jastey!

By the way, since AstroBryGuy is unfortunately no longer maintaining BG1 UB I was wondering if you may be interested in taking over the development of the Waste Quest restoration, which I thought was an excellent new component. I know you are a busy modder but you are also specialized in creating quests so...  :) I would help, if needed, any way I can of course. I suppose AstroBryGuy has not left any ready material for it before he retired?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 12:23:33 AM by Salk »

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
The changelog doesnt mention this but was there any change made to Shilo Chen and the ogre magi's quest problem reported below? It's just a matter of showing the correct direction.

https://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29917.0
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 09:06:51 AM by Felipe »
Core i7 Sandy Bridge 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Windows 7 x64 - Intel HD 2000

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Felipe: no, this is not addressed yet as I am unsure how to proceed. The journal entry is actually an existing sting (#15772) so it's basically the only original "unfinished business" in this component and I am reluctant to change it. It seems the original mod authors settled for this location for the ogres magi for reasons unknown, and I will leave it for legacy reasons for now.
We could think about giving a choice to players upon install to move the ogres magi to where it is said in the journal entry if it's really off, but I would need suggestions as to where this would be.

Salk: if you collect everything there is for such a component e.g. in a thread here in the forums it might happen that I feel like implementing a small quest at some point, but my list of projects is very long so I'll not treat this with any priority. I wouldn't know of any notes from AstroBryGuy, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 03:03:09 AM by jastey »

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
Felipe: no, this is not addressed yet as I am unsure how to proceed. The journal entry is actually an existing sting (#15772) so it's basically the only original "unfinished business" in this component and I am reluctant to change it. It seems the original mod authors settled for this location for the ogres magi for reasons unknown, and I will leave it for legacy reasons for now.
We could think about giving a choice to players upon install to move the ogres magi to where it is said in the journal entry if it's really off, but I would need suggestions as to where this would be.

I see, moving the ogre magi would be a big work, just changing the description would be fine, you can always add an explanation in the readme about why you did this. ;)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker

just changing the description would be fine, you can always add an explanation in the readme about why you did this. ;)
You mean the description in the readme? I guess that's someting I could do, indeed.  :)

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
You mean the description in the readme? I guess that's someting I could do, indeed.  :)

Nope, sorry, i should have thought more before i wrote that, i meant the description in the journal that shows where the ogre magi is and the description in the changelog or readme file saying what is the original writing and why this was changed to the way it is now. ;)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 09:08:02 AM by Felipe »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
As I said above, the journal entry is a real (unused) string from the game. Changing that would be a bit against the mod's aim.
EDIT: apart from that, the mod has 7 language versions. Adding a line is definitely more complicated than changing the scripting at this point.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 05:11:44 AM by jastey »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: