Author Topic: Deagan, Aldeth Sashenstar's Messenger  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
Deagan, Aldeth Sashenstar's Messenger
« on: October 31, 2005, 11:05:33 AM »
AMNIS2: apparently intended for the Nashkel barracks, but for some reason he got replaced with HICK.  Not sure why, since AMNIS2 has more to say than his counterpart.
IIRC the dialogue associated with this would have required more scripting. I think I decided that there could be some quest issues surrounding restoring it, or that one or the conclusions of the dialogue would not make much sense, anyway there was something that told me it probably wasn't the best idea to restore it. Although, maybe some of the dialogue can be salvaged and given to Hick.

DEAGAN: according to his dialogue, he approaches the party and asks them to go see Aldeth Sashenstar in the Three Old Kegs.  However, since Aldeth is hanging around outside the Merchant's League building (only if you sided with him back in the Cloakwood, of course) and not in the Three Old Kegs, I'd think it's a safe bet that Deagan was cut.
Wouldn't it make more sense to Aldeth to be sitting comfortably in an inn rather that hanging around outside a doppleganger infested building?
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Deagan, Aldeth Sashenstar's Messenger
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 03:53:44 PM »
Deagan's dialogue:

BEGIN ~DEAGAN~ 1262 // non-zero flags may indicate non-pausing dialogue
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
// WARNING: this file contains non-trivial WEIGHTs
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

IF WEIGHT #2 /* Triggers after states #: 7 even though they appear after this state */
~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY ~Can I have a moment of your time?~ /* #1262 */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, get out of my face.~ /* #1269 */ GOTO 1
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~What do you want?~ /* #1270 */ GOTO 2
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from: 0.0
  SAY ~You needn't be rude.~ /* #1263 */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()
~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from: 0.1
  SAY ~I have heard around town that there is a free lance group of mercenaries who have recently arrived; would you be those people?~ /* #1264 */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Got the wrong people, now we have to be on our way.~ /* #1271 */ DO ~EscapeArea()
~ EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~What's it to you?~ /* #1272 */ GOTO 3
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from: 2.1
  SAY ~Before we go on, perhaps it would be well if I introduced myself; I am Deagan, employee of the Merchants Consortium. My master has need of services that only you would be able to provide.  He is one of the owners of the consortium.  If you were willing to speak with him in private, he would pay you 5 gold each, before you agreed to do anything for him.  What do you say?     ~ /* #1265 */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I say nay.~ /* #1273 */ DO ~EscapeArea()
~ EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Free money, why not?~ /* #1274 */ GOTO 4
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from: 3.1
  SAY ~If you would be kind enough to follow me, I can show you to him right away.  He wishes to meet with you at the Three Old Kegs.~ /* #1266 */
  IF ~~ THEN JOURNAL ~We have agreed to follow a man named Deagan to see his master in the Three Old Kegs inn.~ /* #6579 */ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from:
  SAY ~I thought you had agreed to come. You haven't changed your minds, have you?~ /* #1267 */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Hold your horses, we're coming!~ /* #1275 */ EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Actually we have, bye.~ /* #1276 */ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from:
  SAY ~This is my master, Aldeth Sashenstar.~ /* #1268 */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #0 ~StateCheck(Myself,STATE_CHARMED)
~ THEN BEGIN 7 // from:
  SAY ~My name is Deagan, and I've a servitor to Aldeth Sashenstar.  Recently there have been problems at the Merchant consortium, which my master owns.  He gave me orders to find a team of mercenaries that would be able to help him out.  I really don't have much more to say....unless you'd like to hear about the problems I've been having with my wife....no, okay then.~ /* #3684 */
  IF ~~ THEN JOURNAL ~When we charmed Deagan we learned that there have been many troubles at the Merchant Consortium estate.~ /* #6580 */ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from:
  SAY ~I'll not speak a word after what you did!~ /* #8965 */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

It needs some triggers and possibly some actions in a few places, but I kind of agree with Idobek above.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: