Author Topic: Tutu/BGT Users: Please Read!  (Read 27522 times)

Offline Adahn

• Planewalker
Re: Tutu/BGT Users: Please Read!
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 05:44:12 AM »
I love how you guys feel so free to tell someone who is giving you something for free what their "top priority" should be.

I fail to see how demonstrating my love for a future Tutu version equals ordering someone to shift priorities.

Unknown Soldier

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 06:55:20 AM »
I would feel motivated and welcome if there was such a high demand for my work. but never forced!

Offline Balathustrius

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2006, 05:04:44 PM »
Lovely poem, though. 

Offline Riviera

• Insanity and Randomness Incarnate
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 12:43:27 PM »
Eagerly awaiting the BGT version. I'm still very happy to see this for the original BG.. great work!

Nice to see some of those holes patched up.. and in a way.. also nice that the good ole 'old school' BG1 still gets a bone every so often.  ;D

Lovely poem, though. 

Indeed! *claps*
NPC favorites:

Xan
Kivan
Solaufein
Tsujatha

Note that they are all elves <3

danimal1968

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 01:35:53 PM »
I love how you guys feel so free to tell someone who is giving you something for free what their "top priority" should be.

I fail to see how demonstrating my love for a future Tutu version equals ordering someone to shift priorities.

I was responding to a post that said "Yes, porting Unfinished Business for BG1 to Easy Tutu should be top priority!"

I wasn't responding to your post from several weeks ago. 

Vimes

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2006, 10:15:02 AM »
Updates plz!

Offline LiT

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2006, 01:55:58 PM »
Updates plz!

I'm sure if he had something significant to update us on, we would've seen an update by now...

Offline Adahn

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 04:16:19 AM »
Bump in the name of justice! I'm sure that when you guys have news, you'll bring it - regardless, just a friendly reminder that we've anxiously been waiting for this great mod.  :)

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 11:20:21 AM »
Don't get upset!! Just wondering if there is an ETA on TuTu/BG1UB compatibility.
NO Pressure!!! Please don't get mad. Thanx.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2006, 05:40:58 AM »
... and very quietly.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2006, 07:17:38 AM »
OK, due to a lack of interest in even testing the thing in closed beta, I'm attempting to put BG1UBv4 Tutu into open beta. I myself have thoroughtly tested pretty much everything the mod has to offer in both Tutu v6b and EasyTutu, but I may have missed a few things. There are also a bunch of strings for the Espanol and Francais people to translate, so this will give them time to do that as well.

The only problem I have is how to get something public on PPG. None of my mods have been hosted on PPG, so I'd like to know the procedure. Admins in...

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2006, 07:49:45 AM »
Uh... lack of interest?  People've been asking for this for ages.  Though maybe it's been so long, they've all buggered off by now...

Also I asked you about it on G3 - is your mailbox full there or something? :P  In particular I want to look at the fixes and make sure they get applied to Tutu correctly.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2006, 11:05:14 AM »
I'd have offered to test it myself, but I'm not actually doing much playing these days. If you put up an open beta, though, I'm going to download it. I know I won't be able to stop myself.

Offline Bredalbane

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2006, 02:00:53 PM »
OK, due to a lack of interest in even testing the thing in closed beta, I'm attempting to put BG1UBv4 Tutu into open beta. I myself have thoroughtly tested pretty much everything the mod has to offer in both Tutu v6b and EasyTutu, but I may have missed a few things. There are also a bunch of strings for the Espanol and Francais people to translate, so this will give them time to do that as well.

The only problem I have is how to get something public on PPG. None of my mods have been hosted on PPG, so I'd like to know the procedure. Admins in...
I only have the Original Saga edition, so I can't do vanilla BG1..I have to have TotSC installed. I believe you asked for beta testers that could run vanilla BG1.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2006, 04:21:52 PM »
I believe you asked for beta testers that could run vanilla BG1.
No... that was SimDing0's version I think and in any case, he meant not Tutu or BGT - it should be fine with TotSC.  And Ascension's version should be fine with Tutu and either TotSC or not.

Offline Elhoim

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2006, 08:30:44 AM »
Ascension, would we need to restart a game to try your version? I´ve invested quite some time on my current game, but I would like to have the UB improvements in it.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2006, 04:16:40 AM »
It is best if you start a new game, but not necessary. You won't find all the new features if you continue an existing save game.

Offline Elhoim

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2006, 05:05:55 AM »
Great. Even so, I´m gonna restart the game one of this days. ;)

Cliftor

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122

Over at G3 they claim UB-BG1 is a "special case".  They don't really elaborate beyond some vague indications that it may be party compatible.  Anyone know anything more about this?

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2007, 04:38:19 PM »
yep - I will finally go clean up that post right now. Ascension64 set things up so BG1 UB for Tutu (it is really, really important that you use the Tutu Beta version he is captain of rather than the one built for BG1) should be placed after The BG1 NPC Project. It will detect The BG1 NPC Project and skip the components that would conflict.

As far as we know, this means that both these mods are compatible.

Once we have some folks play itand see if everything works as it looks like it should.

If you use the older install order, things will work fine if you skip the components already indicated in that thread. So far I have not come up with a good way of being reciprocal - some of the dialogue changes would mean some major reshifting and losing several quests, so the best I could do right now is get the internal beta to recognize UB and throw a warning message - and I am not sure that is good enough :(

/edit: post linked above updated
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 05:52:46 PM by cmorgan »

Offline Mithrandir

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2007, 10:03:30 AM »
Any work done on the tutu version this year?

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »
As I am quite sure that the current version of BG1UB does work with Tutu, isn't this rather old thread a bit confusing when stickied?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: