Author Topic: Bug reports - v15  (Read 58422 times)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: Bug reports - v15
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 05:36:16 AM »
G3 forums are back up again. :)

BGhead: Do you believe this Spellhold issue is UB-related?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 06:30:02 AM »
Not anymore, no. When I posted that, I thought it might have had something to do with saving Sanik, but it seems to be more of a general thing, but confined to Saemon and Phaere.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 08:41:39 AM »
Saving Sanik is Quest Pack, not UB anyhow.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 09:09:31 AM »
Oops. Doubly wrong, it seems. Sorry about the false alarm, on both counts.

I like both mods, but I sometimes get confused which does which.

At this point, I'm going to attribute it to transient weirdness.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 09:17:48 AM »
I continue to find it reassuring that people have trouble telling what's my material and what's Bioware's.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2006, 05:24:57 PM »
Well, BioWare did do pretty badly at times... ;)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2006, 05:36:51 PM »
It sounds like you SIMPLY CAN'T ACCEPT REALITY 1 Andyr.

1 Baronius, "BlackWyrm Lair", 31 July 2006

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2006, 05:38:18 PM »
I think you may have a conceptual incompatability with the rest of the modding community, Sim. :)

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 11:40:59 PM »
The "handing the Horn over in the Vulgar Monkey" issue is fairly common, and most likely not the fault of any mods--it appears to be the result of the party leaving the Vulgar Monkey <i>before</i> Saemon can make it to the door, resulting in the game never placing him in the docks down below.

Offline sturmvogel

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2006, 01:48:05 PM »
In my Mac Game I got a CTD with the message "An assertion failed in CGameEffect.cpp at line number 1536" when I entered the Copper Coronet for the first time. After uninstalling the Suna Seni/Valgar Relationship and Restored Minor Dialogs components everything worked OK. And I remember the same issue with Azuredge. Any ideas what's going on?

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2006, 04:43:48 PM »
The "handing the Horn over in the Vulgar Monkey" issue is fairly common, and most likely not the fault of any mods--it appears to be the result of the party leaving the Vulgar Monkey <i>before</i> Saemon can make it to the door, resulting in the game never placing him in the docks down below.

Wow. I bet you're right! I'll be sure to let Saemon leave first next time. I no longer remember whether or not that's what happened, but I would place money on your diagnosis.

Offline Evilyn

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2006, 08:53:56 AM »
"An assertion failed in CGameEffect.cpp at line number 1536"
I'm notoriously lazy and also forgets my sources almost at once, but I do know that this exact problem was discussed over at Gibberlings 3, and the consensus seemed to be forming that it had to with some item Suna Seni dragged around. You could go there and check in the Modding (?) section for the latest news.

Offline Aragornchewi

• Belgian Child of Baal
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 07:05:29 AM »
Any idea when the next version of Unfinished Business will be released?  ???

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 12:12:06 AM by Aragornchewi »

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2006, 06:45:49 PM »
I'm not sure; am waiting for Cliffette to have time to redo the Minsc/Boo component, and I've been busy myself. :)

Offline Shneider

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2006, 12:42:39 AM »
Just did a fresh install tonight; whilst installing Virtue (crosses fingers), I noticed this:

This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("LSunaTalkedtoValygar","Global")

[GORMIND.BCS.BAF] Error at line 263 column 37-58
Near text: _SUPERIOR_INVISIBILITY
syntax error

[GORMIND.BCS.BAF] Error at line 263 column 37-58
Near text: _SUPERIOR_INVISIBILITY
Parsing.parse_error
Error:  parsing [GORMIND.BCS.BAF] Parsing.parse_error
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("itFight","R0406P")

Not sure if the latter is part of UB, but the Suna/Valygar line stood out.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2006, 01:32:42 PM »
Thanks; I'll have a look.

John

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »
Ii've got a potential bug.  I completed the Circus quest and exited the tent.  I waited for Myara (sp?) to show for the Kalah quest, but she never did.  Same thing too for the boy whose mother I rescued; he never appeared either.  The guard did recognize me and got rewarded.  I have the latest Fixpack and UB installed.  What's weird is that IIRC the Kalah quest started without problems on the previous game.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Components to avoid ?
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 01:37:11 AM »
Hello!

Since the last release (10 months ago), several bugs have been spotted and I wonder if somebody with enough indepth knowledge could just point out for me which components cause problems so that I will skip their installation if using UB version 15.

Thanks a lot!

K4thos

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2007, 06:01:31 PM »
There is a problem with Polish language installation. Hope you can fix it.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2007, 04:25:12 AM »
There is a problem with Polish language installation. Hope you can fix it.

Hi,

What's the problem? Does one particular component fail to install?

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
Re: Components to avoid ?
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2007, 08:05:17 AM »
There's also the matter of the incompatibility between Restored Minor Dialogs and the Fixpack, yes? (script fixes for the de'Arnise keep corrupting each other or some such)

Offline blade7

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2007, 02:12:43 PM »
Boo plot: little timmy was in the docks from the begginig (as I understand he should have been spawned there only after boo disappears) and thus Minsc said nothing to timmy when passing near him, only after I approached him (which also got me stuck a bit with the plot at first)
(though at my brother's game, he was at the docks from the begginig, but minsc acted as he should and pointed on billy when he passed by hi,)

Suna seni plot: appears at the corrent from the beggining and when I accepted valygar to my group (from his house at the docks not from the cabin in the Umar hills) she suddenly appeared at his house on the 2nd floor, where we were, and started the conversation with him which I presume should have happened at the corrent when we meet her there with val. Also his servent at his house didn't mention about suna as a source to the wherabouts of val (but he did in my brother's game).
:P

Retief

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2007, 12:04:47 PM »
This is not really a bug, but it is an oddity.  I am doing the Illithium quest, and completed the Shade Lord quest a while ago, including killing the dragon. However, the dialog with Gorge doesn't recognize that fact, and refers to monsters and the "beastie below," despite the fact that they are all dead.  It doesn't matter, but it would be more realistic if Gorge recognized that all te enemies there were dead.

Offline MouseArm

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2007, 08:48:58 PM »
I see that the Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest still crashes the game when trying to enter the Copper Coronet! If I uninstall this component I can enter. Fortunately some other guy reported this before in version 14 or I would have to spend hours trying to figure out what component or mod was causing it.

Tokorona

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2007, 12:16:15 AM »
If you go to CCSUNA.BAF, in line 12, you can change GLOABAL to GLOBAL.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: