Author Topic: Bug Reports v1.05  (Read 15264 times)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Bug Reports v1.05
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 02:17:34 AM »
I think after I get done with this run, I'm going to restart without any of the Dudleyville or Baldurdash fixes, or even UB.  They may be nice, but I'm having a whole lot of problems that you aren't getting at all, most likely because of these things.
[...]
Also, FotD may or may not be the culprit in my assertion dilemma.  I reinstalled, this time with no Dudley/Baldurdash/UB1, and ar1804 works when I jump to it, but I haven't explored the other areas yet.  It's certainly just incopatability.  Likewise, my cloak works now.  It doesn't work on Ankhegs or the like anymore, but it did work on Farmer Brun, and the range is 0.

It is going to be easier to pin down incompatibility if you are still using one of the above. You could install UB on top of FotD and then we will see if anything bad happens.

You cannot use Algernon's Cloak/Nymph's Cloak to Charm something which cannot be charmed by the spell.

Did FotD delete the Angel Skin Ring from Bheren's house in BG North?  It's needed for Petrine's cat quest.
[...]
While I understand it doesn't have to be that particular ring, it really should be.  Petrine did after all tell you to get that specific one in her uncle's cabinet.  Why did that ring have to go and not the History of the Darkness in the Ulcaster Dungeon?  A search in DLTCEP led to a total of 2 rings in the game.  Of course, that's not including the random ones.  I still know of 2 other places you can get the History of the Darkness.

This is certainly not unlikely, and if you are told specifically to pick up that ring, I should probably restore it. Similarly, History Of The Darkness should stay because Ulcaster tells you that the book is down there.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 04:45:42 PM »
Okay, I installed the Dudleyfixes as well, and ar1804 works fine.  Then I put on UB1, and ar1804 still works fine.  I haven't done baldurdash yet.

I may have the solution, but have had no time to verify it.  When I installed the first time, I had the "TOS only" component for music in UB1.  This time around, I did not do that.

I think I also figured out why the cloak wouldn't work.  It doesn't come with any charges on it does it?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 01:12:27 AM by whathuh »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 12:28:39 PM »
I think I also figured out why the cloak wouldn't work.  It doesn't come with any charges on it does it?

If it does not have any charges, how did I manage to charm most of Feldepost's Inn?

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2006, 11:45:43 PM »
This is indeed strange.  I identify my newly acquired cloak.  It sells for 1.  I go CLUA in a new one, I can charm one person, then it's dead (I know that generally happens when you CLUA in BG2, so I'm assuming this trend continues with other items in BG1).  I sell either dead ones to Feldepost for 1, buy it back for 3500.  Bam, it works.

For some odd reason, I think mine just starts with no charges.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 03:12:29 AM »
That is very odd, but you are right, it does not have any charges since it sells for 1 GP. When you buy something with charges back, it gets reset to the standard amount. Note that if you do not specify the amount of charges when creating an item via the CLUAConsole, the default is 1.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2006, 08:08:05 PM »
I'm an idiot.  Gatekeeper resets charges to 0 on the cloak without me knowing.   :-\

Minor item spoiler ahead for anyone who doesn't want to know a new item location.

I found a few more things.  Zargal the Hobgoblin, who used to carry a short sword +2, now carries a High Quality Short Sword, which he never used once on me.  I'm not quite sure why he didn't equip it, but hobgoblin hands don't do much damage.

When you find the Razor Ring, it's already identified.  It also seems to have a Lore to ID of 0.  Perhaps this was meant to be bought only, or assumed that everyone knows what it does.  Telka has it on her, so maybe she shouldn't have it in the first place?  I already found it again in a store.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 01:11:00 AM »
I found a few more things.  Zargal the Hobgoblin, who used to carry a short sword +2, now carries a High Quality Short Sword, which he never used once on me.  I'm not quite sure why he didn't equip it, but hobgoblin hands don't do much damage.

He actually does have it equipped, it is just not showing for some reason. I will replace it with a similar long sword.

When you find the Razor Ring, it's already identified.  It also seems to have a Lore to ID of 0.  Perhaps this was meant to be bought only, or assumed that everyone knows what it does.  Telka has it on her, so maybe she shouldn't have it in the first place?  I already found it again in a store.

The razor ring is not magical. Try reading the description again.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 11:22:17 PM »
The razor ring is not magical. Try reading the description again.

-Echon
Hmm.  I fail to see how a ring knife works better at pickpocketing than a dagger, or how having two of them really helps, but it works.  Also, it is flagged as magical, though I don't think that matters much.

In ar0018 a few of the containers are off, though I believe they were off in the original game as well.
Ordulinian no longer has clck06 which he says he gives you when you finish the Nemphre and Whatshisname quest.
"Argane's Sword" is misspelled in the title.  I believe it also has a haste charge and is a short sword in BG2, but it possibly could be a bit overpowered for BG.
Finally, I believe there is a loophole in Marek's quest where you can charm him, get the quest exp, then talk to him again and kill him to get the exp all over again.  I'm pretty sure this is also just in the original game, but it may be nice to fix.

Additions:  I'm not exactly sure if this has always happened, but it seems that in the unmodded game GIRLBA1 does not exist, yet she is called for when entering ar717.  I get an error when I try to go in.  This may have been fixed in a patch somewhere, as I used infinity explorer's ignore overrides option to get the pre patch info.  GIRBA1 does exist, however.
In Louise and Laerta's boogyman quest, Laerta should give you a protection from evil scroll.  It's also nigh-on-impossible to get Gervisse to hostile you.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 11:30:14 AM by whathuh »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 04:27:31 PM »
Hmm.  I fail to see how a ring knife works better at pickpocketing than a dagger, or how having two of them really helps, but it works.  Also, it is flagged as magical, though I don't think that matters much.

Maybe because a dagger is far from discreet while this is a tiny, easily concealed blade. It being flagged as magical is an oversight, though.

Ordulinian no longer has clck06 which he says he gives you when you finish the Nemphre and Whatshisname quest.

I seem to recall wanting to replace it with a different cloak, but regardless, something will be done with it.

"Argane's Sword" is misspelled in the title.  I believe it also has a haste charge and is a short sword in BG2, but it possibly could be a bit overpowered for BG.

So it is. My version of it is based on the P&P version, I do not know what they did for BG2.

In ar0018 a few of the containers are off, though I believe they were off in the original game as well.
Finally, I believe there is a loophole in Marek's quest where you can charm him, get the quest exp, then talk to him again and kill him to get the exp all over again.  I'm pretty sure this is also just in the original game, but it may be nice to fix.
Additions:  I'm not exactly sure if this has always happened, but it seems that in the unmodded game GIRLBA1 does not exist, yet she is called for when entering ar717.  I get an error when I try to go in.  This may have been fixed in a patch somewhere, as I used infinity explorer's ignore overrides option to get the pre patch info.  GIRBA1 does exist, however.
In Louise and Laerta's boogyman quest, Laerta should give you a protection from evil scroll.  It's also nigh-on-impossible to get Gervisse to hostile you.

I will look into these.

Offline Meddle.

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2006, 04:09:17 PM »
just small thoughts

staves: melee rng should be 1?
          staf06 range should be 1
          staf07 desc says it does blunt dmg

spears: melee rng should be 1 if they are 'normal' spears used 2-h for 1d6+1 dmg. sper02 & sper03 have rng 1
           or increase dmg if they all are something like 2-h 'long spears' with rng 2

dart02 allows str bonus

helm04 has breath save bonus duplicated

armor:
i do believe that an averange elf has larger torso than a gnome or a halfling. also, a dwarf is so broad that his weight almost equals human weight. so here is what i suggest:
     human armor weights 100%
     dwarven armor weights 100%
     elven armor weights 75%
     halfling armor weights 50%
     gnome armor weights 50%
chaos matters

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 12:35:28 PM »
Thanks for the bug reports, I will make sure they are included in the next update.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 02:43:29 PM »
Hey Echon,

I'm back after a real vacation and a vacation from BG.  I started over to see if I could get rid of some of my assertion errors, and I'm home free so far.  However, I'll just give my few bugs I've noticed so far.  I apologize if these aren't your mod's doing, and I also apologize that I'm running FotD with the XP cap remover on ease of use.  I'm also using UB and DEFJAM@ 10% exp, so I doubt I'll even get to 400k limit.  Heh, I have 28K at chapter 5 with all the sidequests out of BG done.

Now, the Helm of Defense gives me 2 to save vs Breath Weapon.  Not sure if it has always been that way or not.  Seems the save was just duplicated.

Did you specifically get rid of firebead's gold trick, or is that just a sideaffect of UB/new script?  If I remove all 5 of his files in the override, he does give it to me, but only when all 5 are removed.  No single one prevents it from happening

The Hamadryad (ar1700) (which I had never seen before now) doesn't do anything, doesn't say anything, and isn't hostile when you meet her.  If you attack her, she acts normally, but it was quite odd.

If you kill Brage, and you take him to the temple, Nalin says he'll match the reward from Oublek, and yet you get nothing.  This might be more UB suited though.

Ankhegs mainly use melee attack now, and whenever they use their ranged attack, it sounds like the icon is destroyed, like they only have one charge.  It probably works as intended, so I was hesitant to put it in earlier.

Not really a bug, but some of the people who wander around end up wandering all over the map.  I chased Bjornin's half ogres all over the map, when I finally found the last one a bit southwest of where Drizzt usually is.  Gerde (ar1400) is just plain annoying to find.  Finding both the greater basilisks was nigh on impossible in Mutamin's garden.  I don't know if you can do anything about it, or it might be included in some other mod, but it's just aggravating.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 03:02:02 PM by whathuh »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 05:57:17 PM »
Now, the Helm of Defense gives me 2 to save vs Breath Weapon.  Not sure if it has always been that way or not.  Seems the save was just duplicated.

The Helm of Defense on my install only gives a +1 bonus to save vs. breath weapon. It is a bug from the original game which may have been reintroduced by one of the other mods.

Did you specifically get rid of firebead's gold trick, or is that just a sideaffect of UB/new script?  If I remove all 5 of his files in the override, he does give it to me, but only when all 5 are removed.  No single one prevents it from happening

What gold trick?

The Hamadryad (ar1700) (which I had never seen before now) doesn't do anything, doesn't say anything, and isn't hostile when you meet her.  If you attack her, she acts normally, but it was quite odd.

I am aware of this. Hamadryads are normally peaceful so I decided to change her and give her a quest. Guess which part of it is still on the to-do list. :)

If you kill Brage, and you take him to the temple, Nalin says he'll match the reward from Oublek, and yet you get nothing.  This might be more UB suited though.

Probably relates to UB, I have not touched the quest.

Ankhegs mainly use melee attack now, and whenever they use their ranged attack, it sounds like the icon is destroyed, like they only have one charge.  It probably works as intended, so I was hesitant to put it in earlier.

This is intentional (except for the item-used-up-sound, perhaps). Ankhegs use their disgestive acid for the ranged attack (yes, they puke on you) and after having done so, it takes some time before they can eat. Therefore they only use this ability when badly wounded.

Not really a bug, but some of the people who wander around end up wandering all over the map.  I chased Bjornin's half ogres all over the map, when I finally found the last one a bit southwest of where Drizzt usually is.  Gerde (ar1400) is just plain annoying to find.  Finding both the greater basilisks was nigh on impossible in Mutamin's garden.  I don't know if you can do anything about it, or it might be included in some other mod, but it's just aggravating.

The randomwalking part of the scripts is not exactly working perfectly, as you have noted. I do have some improvements in mind, such as making similar creatures walk in groups and disabling it on quest-related creatures.

Thanks for the bug reports. Do not hesitate to report anything you find here. I will determine whether the problem comes from FotD.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 06:18:06 PM »
Okay, the gold trick I was talking about is located in script GG300.  I'm not sure completely how scripts are attached to people, but this one affects firebead, and in the unmodded game, if you talk to him 30 times, you get 300 gold.  It's probably not worth caring about, since it's essentially cheating.

The ankhegs' "ranged attack" seems to me like it's kind of stupid, since now they only use it when they're right next to you, and probably recieve the attack reduction as well.  Since it is acidic and all that, and they have to puke on you, maybe this could have a smaller range, but either much more accurate, or always hits.  In the always hits category, I think it's safe to say that the damage should probably go down a bit.

Ignoring overrides in IE resulted in showing Brage's quest still broken as ever.  Definately UB related.

Ah, forgot to add because I already fixed it in my game:  My Cursed Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise have no name.  It happened on both installs of FotD.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:27:15 PM by whathuh »

Offline Meddle.

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2006, 08:46:09 AM »
>The Helm of Defense on my install only gives a +1 bonus to save vs. breath weapon. It is a bug from the original game which may have been reintroduced by one of the other mods.

i doubt it. helm04 in my fotd folder has the effect duplicated.

potn25 (cused healing) has inventory bam of a healing potn (blue) and ability icon remains unchanged (red)
chaos matters

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2006, 10:15:43 PM »
The dopplegangers in the Merchant League (Zorl, Irlentree + the four on the ground floor) have the string reference of a High Quality Spear, and when I attack them, it gives the description.  This happened last time as well.  I don't think I had an editor running when I installed or anything like that.  Hopefully it's just a bug on my game.

I also noticed that the Merchant League door closes real fast, like as soon as you leave the map.  Almost all the doors do that, actually.  Of course, when the Merchant League closes, you can't get back in.  It would be nice if the door would just be unlocked when Aldeth opens it.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2006, 01:23:14 PM »
>The Helm of Defense on my install only gives a +1 bonus to save vs. breath weapon. It is a bug from the original game which may have been reintroduced by one of the other mods.

i doubt it. helm04 in my fotd folder has the effect duplicated.

Then I must have fixed it here after releasing 1.05.

potn25 (cused healing) has inventory bam of a healing potn (blue) and ability icon remains unchanged (red)

Thanks.

The dopplegangers in the Merchant League (Zorl, Irlentree + the four on the ground floor) have the string reference of a High Quality Spear, and when I attack them, it gives the description.  This happened last time as well.  I don't think I had an editor running when I installed or anything like that.  Hopefully it's just a bug on my game.

It is a FotD bug.

I also noticed that the Merchant League door closes real fast, like as soon as you leave the map.  Almost all the doors do that, actually.  Of course, when the Merchant League closes, you can't get back in.  It would be nice if the door would just be unlocked when Aldeth opens it.

I will have a look at this.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2006, 03:05:19 PM »
Where is Therella?  FYI Therella is Dalton's mother who wants you to go rescue him in Durlag's Tower.  She's usually in ar1005.  Also, when you leave ar1005, you end up outside the wrong house.

TotSC Spoilers abound:

I just encountered the wierdest thing I've ever experienced.  After going to the Isle of Balduran and coming back, I snuck past Baresh and went to the bridge to heal with the combined might of 5 clerics/druids.  I didn't have any of them with me on the island (It's a solo game with identify/heal help from NPCs) and after a few seconds of waiting, my party members transform into greater wolfweres and proceed to whoop me.  They also drop peladan when they die.  This could also simply be a UB problem, but it just doesnt make any sense to me.  After I kill Selaad, the problem seems to go away, however.

Baresh's Loup Garou drops the map again (uses Kaishas' Loup Garou form).  Greater Wolfwere heals way too fast.  Selaad's Loup Garou was considerably easier than both the Greater Wolfwere and Kaishas.  His regenerate 1 hp in 60 seconds is just way too slow considering his meager hp and his thac0, which are both worse than Kaishas' Loup Garou.  Kaishas was actually somewhat harder, since she could hit a -16 ac.

I was also checking up on Flame Tongue, to see all that it hits for extra damage.  Since Vampiric and Dread wolves now regenerate, should they get the extra 1 damage as well, or just stick with the extra 3 damage from being undead?

"Trap 15" in ar0511 is not a trap and is actually info.

I couldn't find MISC95 (Mallet Handle).  Apparently it's in position 29 of container 4 on ar0511, but I only see 5 things in that crate.

I'm NOT a fan of undetectable traps, but "Fuern11" in ar0512 is detected, not detectable, and all the other ones around it are undetectable.

Islanne Doppleganger just crashed me after casting Mirror Image, then Blur, then something that looks like haste (I crashed right after that).  This only happened once, so I don't know what's going on.

Cone of Cold, while it looks really cool, lags my game up like a nightmare.  It got to the point where I had to restart BG.  Also, the graphics really only played against the Demonknight, not against the various Ogre Magi who also used it.

In ar2501, the info at the end of one of the tunnels doesn't say anything.

Nobody will EVER find the manual of gainful exercise without cheating...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 05:54:38 PM by whathuh »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: