Author Topic: BETA 1 Download  (Read 34815 times)

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
Re: BETA 1 Download
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2006, 04:56:10 PM »
Sounds good. Extra thanks for not pointing out that 150 is a multiple of 6.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2006, 03:17:36 AM »
Major bug: Tranzig recognizes Branwen but it's Branwen to become hostile and not the enemy.

EDIT: Fixed.  -- icelus
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 07:40:51 PM by icelus »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2006, 07:48:29 AM »
Major bug: Tranzig recognizes Branwen but it's Branwen to become hostile and not the enemy.

Sounds like an I_C_T/I_C_T2 bug.  Will look into it, thanks.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »
Berrun Ghastkill says that Taerom in Beregost might have some insight about the contaminated iron once we have cleared the mines. But once I speak with the smith there is no specific dialog option that mentions it even if I have a piece of contaminated ore with me in the inventory. Should something specific happen ?

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2006, 12:33:41 PM »
Do you have the vial, too?

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2006, 11:19:56 PM »
Yes, Icelus...I have both of them.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2006, 11:23:31 PM »
I think I see the problem.  It looks like a GLOBAL wasn't getting set.  Try this command:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("D0TaintedOreQuest","GLOBAL",1)

And then go talk to Taerom.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2006, 01:40:43 AM »
Just to be sure, what should happen after I insert that string in the game ? I see my own text I typed echoed in the above window. Is it correct ?

If it is then nothing changes if I speak to Taerom after setting that global to 1...

EDIT: Thalantyr takes the vial and I am assigned experience points. I just wonder if the contaminated ore would still has a meaning. I speak to the Mayor having both the ore and the vial. should I expect to get new dialogues at both Thalantyr's (this happened) and Taerom's (this didn't) ?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 03:43:00 AM by Salk »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2006, 02:14:41 PM »
Well, Berrun was supposed to have taken the ore and send you off to Taerom.  Taerom is supposed to send you to Thalantyr.  I think the GLOBALs are off.  I'll see if Sim can fix stuff, if not, I'll try and mess with it when I get home this evening.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2006, 07:31:07 PM »

Can you do me a favor?  And, actually, all beta testers should do this...

Uninstall the Branwen component, then place the file attached to this post in the branwen subfolder (overwriting the old file) and then reinstall the Branwen component.  If you have a savegame from before the Tranzig encounter, I'd really appreciate it if you could test it to see if it's working properly now.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2006, 07:39:23 PM »
Is the new Gatewarden script similar in some way to the one that in Nashkel Neira (if I remember well) the bounty hunter has ?

I am asking because the dialogue starts immediately as I enter the Inn...She is still pretty far from the party as she starts speaking to us and I am sure that in the unmodded version she walks much closer before her dialogue is triggered.

I must say though that I maybe like better like it is now because she can start using her magic from distance and can be a little more challenging...

That may be a Dudleyville or FotD tweak.  UB currently doesn't touch Neira.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2006, 12:19:53 AM »
FotD. I have done nothing to the Gatewarden, though.

-Echon

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2006, 03:12:06 AM »
Icelus,

the Branwen component is working perfectly fine now.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2006, 07:49:46 AM »
FotD. I have done nothing to the Gatewarden, though.

-Echon
No, the Gatewarden was due to my meddling with things that shouldn't be meddled with.  :)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2006, 07:49:58 AM »
Icelus,

the Branwen component is working perfectly fine now.

Hooray!

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2006, 08:12:54 AM »
Icelus,

one thing I noticed. Xan has a +3 sword that I suspect should give an additional damage due to some elemental attack (I'd assume cold damage) because when I hit with it I always get a double line. One states the normal damage of it (1D8+3) and the other reports always 0.

I believe that the developer's intention was to have that sword yield perhaps 1 Point of cold damage or something like that because otherwise why would we always see a feedback of two different damages brought by that sword ?

One more thing: I know we have discussed already the Ruffie and Albert case but it still strikes me as strange that we get a gem in addition to the bandit scalp. Albert in his dialogues openly suggests that we are going to receive ONE chewy thing that Rufie will have no use with at home. We instead receive two items. However, the component works perfectly fine...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 08:16:49 AM by Salk »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2006, 08:56:44 AM »
one thing I noticed. Xan has a +3 sword that I suspect should give an additional damage due to some elemental attack (I'd assume cold damage) because when I hit with it I always get a double line. One states the normal damage of it (1D8+3) and the other reports always 0.

I believe that the developer's intention was to have that sword yield perhaps 1 Point of cold damage or something like that because otherwise why would we always see a feedback of two different damages brought by that sword ?

Not quite. In normal BG:TotSC the sword does 1D8+3 slashing damage. FotD changes this to 0 slashing damage and 1D8+3 magic damage, as the blade consists of magical flames rather than metal.

-Echon

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2006, 09:04:27 AM »
One more thing: I know we have discussed already the Ruffie and Albert case but it still strikes me as strange that we get a gem in addition to the bandit scalp. Albert in his dialogues openly suggests that we are going to receive ONE chewy thing that Rufie will have no use with at home. We instead receive two items. However, the component works perfectly fine...

You got *both*?  Argh.

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2006, 01:20:01 PM »
Not quite. In normal BG:TotSC the sword does 1D8+3 slashing damage. FotD changes this to 0 slashing damage and 1D8+3 magic damage, as the blade consists of magical flames rather than metal.
-Echon
Too bad you can't get it to bypass armor.
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »

You got *both*?  Argh.

I also got both.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2006, 08:19:44 PM »
I swear I don't smoke crack when I mod, though it often seems like the only explanation for these screwups.

Anyway, uninstall the Albert component, replace the albert.d file in the albert subfolder with the one attached to this post, and then reinstall.  If you have an old savegame, please let me know if it works properly.  :(

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2006, 05:01:10 PM »

Can you do me a favor?  And, actually, all beta testers should do this...

Uninstall the Branwen component, then place the file attached to this post in the branwen subfolder (overwriting the old file) and then reinstall the Branwen component.  If you have a savegame from before the Tranzig encounter, I'd really appreciate it if you could test it to see if it's working properly now.

Icelus, your fix works in my game too.

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2006, 05:18:36 PM »
Icelus, here's how the "mysterious vial/contaminated ore" business played out in my game....

1. Returned to Ghastkill, he takes an ore(I had 8-10 ores) and sends you to Taerom.
  2. Taerom takes an ore(but does NOT take a vial{I had 2 vials}) and sends you to Thalantyr.
  3. Thalantyr takes a vial(he may have taken an ore, too...I didn't notice) and sez he will send word to
       Taerom if he can work up an antidote.

That's it so far. I talked to Taerom again and did not get a dialog option saying he had rx'd any word from Thalantyr. I will try back later in the game just in case that little loose end is on a longer timer.

I'm not a Modder, but what may be happening if the above doesn't play out is that...
 A. You need at least 3 ores
 B. You need at least 1 vial
 C. You need to visit the NPC's in the above order.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2006, 07:12:39 PM »
Wait for icelus' response, but I think you've reached the end of the quest. Huzzah!

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2006, 07:31:03 PM »
Icelus, here's how the "mysterious vial/contaminated ore" business played out in my game....

1. Returned to Ghastkill, he takes an ore(I had 8-10 ores) and sends you to Taerom.
  2. Taerom takes an ore(but does NOT take a vial{I had 2 vials}) and sends you to Thalantyr.
  3. Thalantyr takes a vial(he may have taken an ore, too...I didn't notice) and sez he will send word to
       Taerom if he can work up an antidote.

That's it so far. I talked to Taerom again and did not get a dialog option saying he had rx'd any word from Thalantyr. I will try back later in the game just in case that little loose end is on a longer timer.

I'm not a Modder, but what may be happening if the above doesn't play out is that...
 A. You need at least 3 ores
 B. You need at least 1 vial
 C. You need to visit the NPC's in the above order.

As devSin stated, that's pretty much the bulk of the quest.  Sim may expand it for Tutu so that the percentage of probability for weapon breakage decreases somewhat.

I'm very glad that it worked for you, but now I'm worried about why it worked for you but not Salk.  Could it be Dudleyville?  FotD?  Argh.  :(

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: