Author Topic: BETA 1 Download  (Read 34829 times)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Re: BETA 1 Download
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 02:10:35 PM »
Is the new Gatewarden script similar in some way to the one that in Nashkel Neira (if I remember well) the bounty hunter has ?

I am asking because the dialogue starts immediately as I enter the Inn...She is still pretty far from the party as she starts speaking to us and I am sure that in the unmodded version she walks much closer before her dialogue is triggered.

I must say though that I maybe like better like it is now because she can start using her magic from distance and can be a little more challenging...

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 02:22:20 PM »
No, he still has the INITDLG script assigned, I just added an additional script to his repetoire.  It was a mistake, shame on me.  :)
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 02:49:51 PM »
Both Jondalar and the Gatewarden appears too soon in my case but as for ElfBane the group tutorial went flawlessly.

There is another funny thing that has happened but I am almost sure that it's not a UB problem.

At the Friendly Arm Inn I explore all around and return the ring to Joia and what happens ? When I exit, the fog of war is back and I find again the hobgoblins carrying the same equipment (among the rest, a second Joia's flamedance ring).

I think it's a Dudley bug but I can't be sure. You have Dudley too Elfbane. Can you try and duplicate this ?

I couldn't duplicate the Joia bug. Everything only happens once.

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 02:53:46 PM »
I don't believe I got any XP when doing the Kagain's "find Silvershields son" mini-quest. Intentional?

EDIT: Fixed.  -- icelus
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 07:39:47 PM by icelus »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 03:07:59 PM »
I don't believe I got any XP when doing the Kagain's "find Silvershields son" mini-quest. Intentional?

That was a direct port of Ascension64's BGT Tweak component.  I don't think he included any XP rewards.  I don't think it really justifies any, though.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 03:32:10 PM »
BG1 doesn't grant quest XP, does it?

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 03:58:45 PM »
Yes, it does Sim...

Icelus,

I think it would be fair to give a small XP reward for finishing the quest...

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 04:16:43 PM »
But... I dunno.  You don't really *do* anything.  It's not a FedEx quest or involve a battle or anything.  And Kagain's not especially worried about it, anyway.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 04:30:36 PM »
My two cents: you get jack.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »
On the second floor of the Burning Wizard one of the sitting commoner has no dialogue script. I know it's not a UB bug but perhaps you might want to fix it anyway since you're at it...

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 04:55:09 PM by Salk »

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 04:53:08 PM »
I'm in favor of some XP. Not really as a reward, but a small indication that the player actually did something. Hey! Look. Progress. Maybe this game does have a plot in here, somewhere...

On the second floor of the Burning Wizard one of the sitting commoner has no dialogue script. I know it's not a UB bug but perhaps you might want to fix it anyway since you're at it...
Baldur's Gate has bunches of cres with no dialogue and those dumb default click sounds. Unless Gorion is missing a dialogue, I don't think it's necessary to start assigning these left and right.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 05:35:27 PM »
Baldur's Gate has bunches of cres with no dialogue and those dumb default click sounds. Unless Gorion is missing a dialogue, I don't think it's necessary to start assigning these left and right.

Will those characters make Tutu spit out the "Nothing to say to you" BS, though?

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 05:50:58 PM »
Will those characters make Tutu spit out the "Nothing to say to you" BS, though?
Yes, but that's Tutu's problem. Not only do they have CREs with no dialogue, but most of the dialogues eventually turn false. I'm not a fan of just choosing generic dialogues to give to everybody to help bridge the style of BG and BGII.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 05:51:25 PM »
No. That bug has been fixed in Tutu for approximately ever.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 06:01:25 PM »
Don't they still display "has nothing to say to you," even with the default sound string set?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 06:05:53 PM »
Probably. But that just means they don't have anything to say to you...apart from their voiced line!

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2006, 06:54:41 PM »
OK, good.  No work to do here, then. 

I'm still not so sure about an XP reward for Kagain's quest.  Wouldn't a "your journal has been updated" prompt be sufficient.  Or I could code it to play a chorus of trumpets!

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2006, 07:11:56 PM »
Squirrels... everywhere squirrels!

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2006, 02:11:47 AM »
Icelus,

generally speaking I always believe that every quest solved should have an at least minimum XP rewards just like DevSin says. I consider an "official" quest everything that's recorded in the journal...  :pirate

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2006, 01:24:22 PM »
OK, the installation errors involving the .cre files should now be fixed.  I'm waiting on the new WeiDU to fix the .sto errors.  I will release a new beta just as soon as that happens.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2006, 01:46:48 PM »
and why making a girdle and bracers+1 available at the Jovial Juggler where they sell only drinks ?
Wow, I didn't notice that.  I may enable buying and selling there, as it comes with a fully-stocked store, but the flags are not set for buying and selling.
Buying items from the Jovial Juggler, as well as identifying and stealing items, are now restored at the Jovial Juggler.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2006, 01:51:57 PM »
Hey Icelus and Echon,

Using BG+TotSC (3CD set), with Baldurdash Fixes, with Dudley Fixes, and with FotD v1.04, I too get the same error messages during installation as Salk above.  But when I uninstalled FotD, BG1UB installed perfectly (even with several other Mods added like: DSotSC v1.03B, Item Vault v4, Herbs & Potions v1.0.1, BG1 Adventure Pack v1.04 & v1.05, and Jastey's Slime Quest v1.5).

When I went back to just FotD and BG1UB together, I still received error messages.  So what I did was rename the problem files during installation and retry, which gave me the following list of problem FotD &/or BG1UB files:

Creature Corrections: 1) ANDRIS.CRE  2) DRATAN.CRE

[./override/ANDRIS.CRE] loaded, 1656 bytes
ERROR: illegal 2-byte write (ÿÿ) offset 1862 of 1656-byte file ANDRIS.CRE
ERROR: [ANDRIS.CRE] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ANDRIS.CRE: write out of bounds"))

[./override/DRATAN.CRE] loaded, 1116 bytes
ERROR: illegal 2-byte write (ÿÿ) offset 1154 of 1116-byte file DRATAN.CRE
ERROR: [DRATAN.CRE] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DRATAN.CRE: write out of bounds"))

Item Corrections: 1) ULGOTH.STO  2) ERDANE.STO  3) FRIEND.STO  4) STO1112.STO  5) STO1320.STO  6) STO4803.STO  7) TAERUM.STO

Patching SCRL2D.ITM into store...
Not found space for SCRL2D after SCRL5I.
ERROR: [ULGOTH.STO] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

Patching BRAC01.ITM into store...
Not found space for BRAC01 after LEAT10.
ERROR: [ERDANE.STO] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

Not found space for BRAC01 after SHLD06.
ERROR: [FRIEND.STO] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

Not found space for BRAC01 after LEAT04.
ERROR: [STO1112.STO] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

Not found space for BRAC01 after LEAT04.
ERROR: [STO1320.STO] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/STO4803.STO] loaded, 1924 bytes
ERROR: [STO4803.STO] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

Not found space for BRAC01 after BULL02.
ERROR: [TAERUM.STO] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

After I renamed the above files, BG1UB did install without errors, but of course I then lost all the FotD store changes and BG1UB item updates.  I will email you my BG1UB degub file for evaluation.

Thanks again for the opportunity,
LoneRogue

Yeah, these are all indirectly related to FotD and my lazy coding.  FotD makes many, many changes to these files, and my code didn't account for those changes.  The new code should (I shall cross my fingers).

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2006, 01:53:42 PM »
OK, on the matter of Kagain Quest XP Reward:

How about 120XP?  That's virtually nothing, while still having something.  In a party of six, that's just 20XP apiece...

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2006, 03:02:48 PM »
I like it. Maybe 100 or 150, though (BioWare never bothered multiples of 6).

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2006, 03:14:51 PM »
150 it is.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: