Author Topic: BETA 2 Download  (Read 43550 times)

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
Re: BETA 2 Download
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 07:48:31 PM »
Just update the online version.

You can silently update the archive if desired.

Nobody ever reads the documentation anyway.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 07:50:38 PM »
OK, well, I've fixed these typos and uploaded the new readme.  I won't repackage and reupload the mod yet, though, as I'm quite certain bugs will be reported... :(

EDIT: You beat me to it.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 07:52:17 PM »
I just downloaded the Mac version, and it comes with a pre-populated backup folder full of ~700K of junk.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 08:42:21 PM by devSin »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 07:55:43 PM »
Reuploaded.  :(

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2006, 08:00:26 PM »
This is my fault; I don't know why I didn't think of this when originally reading it:
Mac OS X Installation Notes
Cookies and kaluha.
For the Mac version of Baldur's Gate (with or without Tales of the Sword Coast), the stuff needs to be extracted into the "Game Data" folder in the BG installation folder. For some reason, they moved all the data files into a new folder, and only the applications are top-level (if the player tried WeiDU from this folder, instead of the Game Data folder, it'd fail with the dumb "no KEY").

The Tp2 is in the mod folder, so only "bg1ub" folder, "setup-bg1ub", and "setup-bg1ub.command"

I shall now proceed to install. Pray... ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 09:14:10 PM by devSin »

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2006, 08:02:32 PM »
God does not favor you. Your prayers, denied.
Code: [Select]
[./setup-bg1ub] WeiDU version 185
[On this architecture, WeiDU does not auto-update.
  You must ensure that you have the most recent version.]

[BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 2887 column 25-29
Near Text: AFTER
        syntax error

[BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2]  ERROR at line 2887 column 25-29
Near Text: AFTER
        Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Press ENTER to exit.
WeiDU v185? Oops.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »
God is kicking my ass.  The latest WeiDU-Mac version is 188.  A lot of the new commands won't be in there, so I may have to pull the Mac release altogether.  :(

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2006, 08:16:43 PM »
I compile and upload to the WeiDU server each release of WeiDU for Mac OS X. Try here.

I used my own build of v193, and install proceeded OK. A quick NI check shows no file corruption, and scripts seem OK.

You forgot to give FRIWEN.CRE a script name. Won't make a difference in-game. ULGOTH and TAERUM stores look OK.

I'd check patching for the following. NI reports corruption, but I suspect this is just from the damn null triggers/actions, and works OK in-game.
Code: [Select]
Hole: ARKION.DLG off: 3beh len: 24
Hole: TAEROM.DLG off: e35h len: 24
Hole: THALAN.DLG off: e45h len: 42
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 08:24:58 PM by devSin »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2006, 08:37:13 PM »
OK, updated the Mac version and reuploaded.  Fixed FRIWEN. 

I don't know what might be wrong with those three dialogue files.  Those offsets in NI correspond to "Unused bytes?" and I have no idea what that means...

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 08:41:42 PM »
I can't recall, but the problem is that NI doesn't like the way WeiDU touches dialogue files with null triggers/actions.

In the DLG format, these are 8 bytes (the first 4 is the absolute offset of the trigger/action text, and the last 4 is the length in bytes). For null actions/triggers, the length is 0 bytes. WeiDU does something when it touches these files that pisses NI off, and I was never able to get Wes to care (they should work in-game).

For now, I'd just ignore it. If they worked during beta testing, they'll work fine now. I'm going to try the updated Mac build now.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2006, 08:50:41 PM »
Installs/uninstalls just fine now. After updating the read me, I'd say we're back to v1.0 quality.

I'd just change it to say:
If you have previously installed this mod, you must uninstall it before installing the new version. To install, simply extract the contents of the mod into the "Game Data" folder in your BG1 installation folder. If properly extracted, you should have a "bg1ub" folder, "setup-bg1ub", and "setup-bg1ub.command" in the Game Data folder. To install, simply double-click "setup-bg1ub.command" and follow the instructions on screen.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2006, 09:36:44 PM »
All readme corrections made, packages updated, and everything updated.  Hooray. 

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 04:04:40 AM »
Ok, I'm doing a Beta2 run and have gotten to the FAI. There I encountered the "Joia Quest" bug that Salk had in Beta1. Here is the order I did things

1. Got to the FAI, defeated the mage that attacks(very easy, no one took ANY damage). Went into the Inn, dropped off Xzar and Monteron, picked up Jahiera and Khalid(I also have Imoen in the party).

2. Rested. Gathered the pantaloons and quests available at the Inn. Departed the Inn and went to Joia's house and got her quest. Left her house and exited the fortress and did the Joia quest in a clockwise route around the fortress....gathering the Ring of Wizardry on the way back to Joia. At this point almost the entire map is explored.

3. Entered Joia's house and got the XP reward and rep increase. Joia leaves the house as is normal. Upon leaving her house, The FAI map is marked UNEXPLORED,,,,except for the interior part of the fortress, and the path to the gate from the South entrance to the map.

4. You are now able to do the entire thing again. The Hobs all respawn, along with their equipment, and another Joia flamedance ring. Also....all bodies and any loot left on the ground disappear,, even though I did not rest. AND the Ring of Wizardry respawns!!!!! Very neat!!! I now have 2 of them,,,and my little half-elf mage isn't so weak anymore!! Yea!!!

So,,,,is this the way it happened with you Salk?

Icelus...very odd. If the only thing done in this area was restore the Elminster encounter, I don't see how that would affect the Joia Quest.

Running order
BG
Baldurdash
Dudleyville Fixpaks 1,2,and3
EoU
UB beta2

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 11:49:09 PM »
ElfBane,

it is exactly what happened...Something that needs to be fixed...

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2006, 12:56:56 PM »
ElfBane,

it is exactly what happened...Something that needs to be fixed...
Guys, I'm sorry, but I cannot recreate this problem.  The only thing I do to Joia is give her a weapon.  I alter the area script for the Elminster encounter, but it should have no bearing whatsoever on resetting the area.

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »
The grey clan could cause a problem like this.  After completion of the quest, the area resets.  It might be interacting funny with UB.
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2006, 01:10:34 PM »
The grey clan could cause a problem like this.  After completion of the quest, the area resets.  It might be interacting funny with UB.

I'd petition Baronius for better compatibility, but I fear that would be a fruitless attempt.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2006, 07:21:18 PM »
ElfBane has not installed Grey Clan and has encountered that problem anyway so it's obviously not that specific mod...

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2006, 01:33:15 PM »
Joia's quest worked fine for me, though I don't have Dudleyville or EoU, and I first cleared the map, then talked to Joia twice to get, then complete, her quest, without going outside again.

On non-Joia matters, a few small notes:

Sarevok's Diary contains a typo in the 14th of Kythorn entry: It says "had" when it should be "has."

The Mysterious Vial / Tainted Ore quest contains at least one instance where Nashkel is spelled "Nashkell."

When we entered Feldepost's Inn, Marl told us to get out, and we made it upstairs before he tried initiating conversation a 2nd time. When we went back down, he seemed to have forgotten about us, and never tried to talk to us again. That's okay (a little bit interesting, but okay), but what I'm wondering about is why you gave Marl a sword. He's one of the few creatures where I think BioWare actually intended him to be unarmed, especially considering the unpublished Kelddath Ormlyr.

Putting the unenchanted Bracers back in the game (and making the Girdle easier to find) is good, but why in stores? Why would anyone pay money for an item that has no actual use whatsoever? Roleplaying, sure, but I just think it makes more sense if you find those items as 'decoration' on NPCs: Kagain & Ajantis could wear Girdles, and Kivan & Coran could wear Bracers, or something like that.

Corianna has an incorrect apostrophe in "It's lair can't be too far from here."

On the Permanent Corpses: Once placed, is it possible to make them un-permanent upon triggering something? For example, can the bodies around the waylaid caravans in the Crossroads map stick around forever until the player clicks on the info area that says "The members of this caravan met a violent death, etc.," at which point the bodies will disappear after another 12 hours?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 12:51:58 AM by SixOfSpades »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2006, 04:07:21 PM »
Joia's quest worked fine for me, though I don't have Dudleyville or EoU, and I first cleared the map, then talked to Joia twice to get, then complete, her quest, without going outside again.

Good, because I'm baffled as to what would cause such a problem.

Sarevok's Diary contains a typo in the 14th of Kythorn entry: It says "had" when it should be "has."

The Mysterious Vial / Tainted Ore quest contains at least one instance where Nashkel is spelled "Nashkell."

Will fix, thanks.

When we entered Feldepost's Inn, Marl told us to get out, and we made it upstairs before he tried initiating conversation a 2nd time. When we went back down, he seemed to have forgotten about us, and never tried to talk to us again. That's okay (a little bit interesting, but okay), but what I'm wondering about is why you gave Marl a sword. He's one of the few creatures where I think BioWare actually intended him to be unarmed, especially considering the unpublished Kelddath Ormlyr.
Well, I don't really care one way or another.  He was unarmed in the original game, so unless anyone feels up to debating why he should be armed, I can comment it out of the .tp2.

Putting the unenchanted Bracers back in the game (and making the Girdle easier to find) is good, but why in stores? Why would anyone pay money for an item that has no actual use whatsoever? Roleplaying, sure, but I just think it makes more sense if you find those items as 'decoration' on NPCs: Kagain & Ajantis could wear Girdles, and Kivan & Coran could wear Bracers, or something like that.
I was going for the roleplaying aspect, yeah.  I can remove them from some of the stores, and adding a girdle to Kagain and Ajantis is a good idea.

Corianna has an incorrect apostrophe in "It's lair can't be too far from here."
Will fix.

On the Permanent Corpses: Once placed, is it possible to make them un-permanent upon triggering something? For example, can the bodies around the waylaid caravans in the Crossroads map stick around forever until the player clicks on the info area that says "The members of this caravan met a violent death, etc.," at which point the bodies will disappear after another 12 hours?

I think it can be done by altering the area script, but I'm not positive.  Actually, it might be possible to change them to skeletons.  I think that's what Dudley did.  I would say it should only apply to corpses outdoors, though. 

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2006, 04:55:01 PM »
Friendly Arm: nothing in BG1UB could do this.

Marl: if he has no weapon, there's no way he'll ever be a threat to the party (he could never kill you, only knock you unconscious). I care even less than ice, but he can be given a B1-N creature item so that he has a chance against the PC but doesn't look stupid.

Permanent corpses: it can be done, but it's more work than I'd want to do. You have to have scripts for each area where you want corpse X to decay after time Y, and then swap with skeletal remains or destroy, and bore me to death. ice can do it, but I won't.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2006, 01:15:09 AM »
Some more details.

Inside the large estate in NE Beregost: The Nobleman's name is Gerard Travenhurst, so why do the guards reference "Mr. Halimstad," who is nowhere to be found?

The ReadMe mentions Safana the Flirt. Where does Minsc the Flirt come from? He got the ability at Level 3.

Typo in Restored Minor Dialogs: "...the guards will be one you so fast..."

Aldeth's Blur ring is really creepy. It makes it nearly impossible to trust him, and I think it detracts from the roleplaying scenario of asking the player to decide who is right & wrong. If the Blur effect was meant to augment Aldeth's stats, I would say that combat statistics are nearly irrelevant against a party that just plowed through the Bandit Camp.

Kagain's script to move to Silvershield's son should take lower priority than reacting to enemies. I had to stop and tell him to kill the Bandit that was standing over the body.

Marl: if he has no weapon, there's no way he'll ever be a threat to the party (he could never kill you, only knock you unconscious). I care even less than ice, but he can be given a B1-N creature item so that he has a chance against the PC but doesn't look stupid.
For one thing, I like the novelty of a guy who actually isn't out to kill you. Gives it that much more of the warm, fuzzy, BG1 feeling. For another, I think (the possibility of) getting yelled at because you killed an unarmed citizen, who had a good reason to behave as he did, is pretty neat. That's my vote. Now, what the heck is a B1-N creature item?

Permanent corpses: it can be done, but it's more work than I'd want to do. You have to have scripts for each area where you want corpse X to decay after time Y, and then swap with skeletal remains or destroy, and bore me to death.
Understood--I mentioned it more to satisfy my curiosity than as a request. But it would hardly be every area that has a corpse: The only maps where I think it might be relevant are the 2 maps directly north and south of Beregost. Those maps need permanent (or semi-permanent) corpses because in the early game, there's a good chance that the player is just zipping through them as quietly as possible, collecting party members, and the slain caravan members and the Halfling messenger "need" to be seen later on. But the other areas, like the Ogre-Mage in the Cloakwood Mines and the family in BG City who were killed by the Sirine? The party's never going to visit those areas again, so nobody will see if the bodies are scripted to disappear or not.

Now, Kagain's caravan is a problem: If the body is permanent, it looks weird. If it isn't, it could break his quest (or look weird if it doesn't, Kagain going to a patch of empty ground and saying there's a body there). So I'd suggest turning at least this body into a skeleton after X hours, which Kagain can identify though a distinctive belt, or buck teeth, or something.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2006, 01:48:03 AM »
For one thing, I like the novelty of a guy who actually isn't out to kill you. Gives it that much more of the warm, fuzzy, BG1 feeling. For another, I think (the possibility of) getting yelled at because you killed an unarmed citizen, who had a good reason to behave as he did, is pretty neat. That's my vote. Now, what the heck is a B1-N creature item?
That would be fine. Having him unarmed doesn't bother me.

There are a selection of items in the game of the form <dmg type><die #>-<die size>. B1-6, for instance, is a blunt weapon doing 1d6 damage. They're used for creatures who don't need visible weapons (like bears or gibberlings).

Understood--I mentioned it more to satisfy my curiosity than as a request. But it would hardly be every area that has a corpse: The only maps where I think it might be relevant are the 2 maps directly north and south of Beregost. Those maps need permanent (or semi-permanent) corpses because in the early game, there's a good chance that the player is just zipping through them as quietly as possible, collecting party members, and the slain caravan members and the Halfling messenger "need" to be seen later on. But the other areas, like the Ogre-Mage in the Cloakwood Mines and the family in BG City who were killed by the Sirine? The party's never going to visit those areas again, so nobody will see if the bodies are scripted to disappear or not.

Now, Kagain's caravan is a problem: If the body is permanent, it looks weird. If it isn't, it could break his quest (or look weird if it doesn't, Kagain going to a patch of empty ground and saying there's a body there). So I'd suggest turning at least this body into a skeleton after X hours, which Kagain can identify though a distinctive belt, or buck teeth, or something.
I certainly understand the desire to have this handled more elegantly, and I'd like for the gradual decay too, but I'm just not going to be the one to do it! ;-)

It won't be difficult to take care of these on a case-by-case basis, so just keep pointing out any that you think are out of place.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2006, 07:52:40 AM »
Now, what the heck is a B1-N creature item?

A blunt 'weapon' used by creatures which does 1 to 2/3/4/6/8/10/12/20 damage.

-Echon

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2006, 05:36:19 PM »
New thingies.

Is AR1808 part of the Minor Area Restorations? Never seen it before. Neat.

What happened to the Cook in the 2nd level of the Cloakwood Mines? The fubsey who thinks everybody in the party wants to shag her? I didn't see her at all. I don't see how UB would have moved/removed her, but as it's the only mod I have installed, I thought I should mention it.

Farmer Wilton: I went into the house, and his voiced line is his bit about how he's "heard what I gone and done for old Brun," but then when I actually get within dialogue range, all he has to say to me is "Leave me be. I got nothin' for you." Relevant stuff: I had brought Brun the body of his son, but not paid him any money, and I was mad about the way Sonner & company tried to use me, so when they turned Hostile to me, I killed them. And then I encountered/talked to Wilton.

Another probably-not-UB issue: Laola Axehand's spawn was delayed for some reason. She's supposed to appear outside the Seven Suns compound, right after the Doppelgangers inside transform and go hostile. But in this game, she didn't spawn until I'd killed the Ogre-Mage in the sewers. Odd.

Scar and the Sashenstars' Daughter: Scar wants the wrong body: He gives the reward for the Female Body, and you can't give him the Female Noble's Body. Also, when Scar asks you for the Ruby Ring (and the game checks if you have it), he doesn't take it from you--instead, he takes it from you at the same time that he takes the body, creating the potential exploit of showing him the Ring, and then dropping it before handing over the body so you can keep it to sell.
I would fix this so that when Scar asks if you found the ring, and you say yes, you hand it over, and Scar rewards you with some EXP and 250 gold, roughly 25% the resale value of a Ruby Ring.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: