Author Topic: Salk's Suggestions  (Read 22252 times)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Salk's Suggestions
« on: April 22, 2006, 01:32:30 AM »
As reported in another forum, zombies have the skeleton sounds associated to their "Dying" and "Hit" variables...We should correct this...

One more thing, can you please check if the description of the Wyvern's Head is missing informations about its weight ? If it's so in a plain BG1 installation with Baldurdash I'd say it's time to patch this up...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 03:26:56 AM by Salk »

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Salk's Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 08:24:43 AM »
Hello -

As reported in another forum, zombies have the skeleton sounds associated to their "Dying" and "Hit" variables...We should correct this...

The next version of EasyTutu already includes this correction.  I am happy to donate the code if you want it.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 10:02:14 AM »
It would be really nice of you, Macready. Thanks. I'm sure Icelus would welcome it...

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 01:05:54 PM »
I'll take a look at the wyvern thing, and thanks, Mac, for any code donations.  I'll probably just use them in the BG1 version if you've got the Tutu end covered.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 01:49:54 PM »
Hello -

I'll take a look at the wyvern thing, and thanks, Mac, for any code donations.  I'll probably just use them in the BG1 version if you've got the Tutu end covered.

This is pretty similar to the soundset code I posted the other day...same basic idea.

Code: [Select]
/* A few zombies have incorrect soundsets */
COPY_EXISTING ~_ombie_b.cre~ ~override/macdummy.cre~

/* Read creature soundset array in one chunk */
  READ_ASCII 0x00A4 "creatureSoundset" (400)

BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING ~_ombie_a.cre~ ~override~
~_zombie.cre~ ~override~
~_zombieb.cre~ ~override~

WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x00A4 "%creatureSoundset%" #400

Those are the Tutu CRE names...you'd just have to switch them to BG1 names.  In this case, I am using _ombie_b as a model for fixing the incorrect ones: _ombie_a, _zombie and _zombieb.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 02:08:41 PM »
Soundsets have become my bane.  :(

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 04:06:04 PM »
There are some encounters dialogues that I believe should be fixed and they all have as common problem that they make reference to a situation that is no longer existant.

So far I found these:

* Ingot (AR5200), a Gnoll that advises you about a prisoner hold in the Gnoll fortress even if Dynaheir is in the party. Is it possible to cancel such encounter once Dynaheir is set free ?

* Takiya (AR1600) speaks to you about the druid Faldorn even if you have just spoken to her inviting you to meet her. The whole dialogue seems quite inconsistent in that case...

* More serious this one: Laryssa, cousin of Brage will still confront you after you finished the quest demanding you to leave poor Brage alone (AR4100)

I am sure that there are more inconsistencies that I didn't encounter in my game. Would it be difficult to patch the dialogues somehow so that they reflect what has happened ?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 04:23:43 PM »
Hello -

There are some encounters dialogues that I believe should be fixed and they all have as common problem that they make reference to a situation that is no longer existant.

So far I found these:

* Ingot (AR5200), a Gnoll that advises you about a prisoner hold in the Gnoll fortress even if Dynaheir is in the party. Is it possible to cancel such encounter once Dynaheir is set free ?

* More serious this one: Laryssa, cousin of Brage will still confront you after you finished the quest demanding you to leave poor Brage alone (AR4100)

I can fix these pretty easily for the next version of EasyTutu.

* Takiya (AR1600) speaks to you about the druid Faldorn even if you have just spoken to her inviting you to meet her. The whole dialogue seems quite inconsistent in that case...

This seems fine as is.  If Faldorn is in the party, Takiyah already acknowledges it.  If Faldorn is not in the party, how would she know whether or not you have already spoken to her?

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 04:30:23 PM »
MacReady,

you're right but what I meant to say about the dialogue with Takiya is that you get a journal update recording his advice of speaking with Faldorn despite having done it few seconds before...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 04:32:27 PM by Salk »

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 04:45:03 PM »
One more thing, something strange that has always happened when I played TotSC: sometimes in the open one of my party members is struck by a lightning but receives no damage despite the visual and audible effect. Can you reproduce such a situation ? I am not sure it happens only with bad weather but I am sure it only happens in the open...

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 05:08:19 PM »
That is not a bug on your installation but a feature they did not finish or fully remove. It happens to everybody once in a while.

-Echon

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 05:14:50 PM »
Isn't lightning (and its effects) hardcoded?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 05:28:02 PM »
Hello -

Isn't lightning (and its effects) hardcoded?

All I know is that it scares the shit out of me when I'm playing with headphones on.

@Salk:
you get a journal update recording his advice of speaking with Faldorn despite having done it few seconds before...

I see your point, but the journal entry serves a dual purpose: it also is another component of the broader "go trash the mine" quest.  I'd say so long as you haven't flooded the mines, that is an OK entry.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 05:43:34 PM »
SimDing0 found the spell once, but I don't know if it was for Tutu only, or also BG1.

In BG2, the damage is electricity (50 @ mode 3), which deals 50% max HP damage. I don't know if it's the same in BG1; if so, it must not work. We could always try mode 2 (not to be confused with mode 3, this sets current HP to % of max HP), but I don't think the fans would rejoice at getting beat up by lightning (assuming the spell even exists in BG1).

It scares the shit out of me too.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 05:44:34 PM »
I think I found the spell, but I never tested it ingame because I wasn't going to sit about for hours waiting to be hit by lightning.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 05:46:18 PM »
What I meant was that getting hit by a bolt of lightning for 0 damage seems unfinished.

-Echon

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 05:50:14 PM »
I think I found the spell, but I never tested it ingame because I wasn't going to sit about for hours waiting to be hit by lightning.
Try setting the rain and lightning probs to 100% or more.
What I meant was that getting hit by a bolt of lightning for 0 damage seems unfinished.
We could always change it to the falling cow?

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 05:55:17 PM »
u suk

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 10:13:47 PM »
Hello -

OK, these are coded.  I just have to test it.

I'm surprised you had that Laryssa issue.  It looked like she is scripted to force talk you on sight, a couple seconds after she sees you.  Once that happens, the only possible results are her leaving or fighting you.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 01:04:27 AM »
I am not sure I have understood: can we or can we not get rid of that silly lightning striking the party and having no real effect in the game ?

MacReady,

I don't understand your surprise about what I reported with Laryssa. She talks to me normally like she'd always do, only that this encounter, once Brage is gone, has no meaning...

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 01:23:45 AM »
Icelus,

forgive my probably silly question but since it's you now mantaining the BG1 Fixpack over at G3's, would it be so stupid to incorporate it into Unfinished Business ?

I know it's far from being complete but you could work on it while dealing with newer releases of UB...

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 07:46:41 AM »
Hello -

I don't understand your surprise about what I reported with Laryssa. She talks to me normally like she'd always do, only that this encounter, once Brage is gone, has no meaning...

Like I said, she is scripted to force talk you on sight (at least in Tutu).  It wouldn't be easy to talk to Brage first, unless you were sneaking or invisible as you approached.  Once you have talked to her, Enemy() or EscapeArea() are the only possible results in her dialog.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 08:28:10 AM »
It's just enough that you come from south and you won't meet Laryssa first... :)

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2006, 09:26:52 AM »
I am not sure I have understood: can we or can we not get rid of that silly lightning striking the party and having no real effect in the game ?
If it is a spell as suspected, then it would be trivial to remove the projectile and effects, but this isn't going to happen. Which leaves two choices: leave it alone, or fix it so that it does 50% of max HP damage (or at least some damage). Players may revolt if we suddenly start killing them with random lightning strikes, so I'm in favor of just letting it be.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 11:42:04 AM »
Icelus,

forgive my probably silly question but since it's you now mantaining the BG1 Fixpack over at G3's

Uh, that's news to me.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: