Author Topic: Getting Rid of Anomen crashes game  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Radish

• Wizard/Fighter/Spellsword
  • Planewalker
  • I'm a scary dog.
Getting Rid of Anomen crashes game
« on: April 23, 2006, 03:01:17 PM »
Not technically part of the Kelsey mod, but still, I figure knowledge of it should be found here.  I rest, Kelsey talks about a dream, I (have no choice but to) ask him to tell me about it, then I briefly see a load screen before crash to desktop.  Hear an error sound, can't see an error message, likely because the black box that remains of BG2 is covering it.

If there's an easy fix for this besides just reinstalling, I'll take it.  Otherwise, I just want to know what variables to set before resting to keep the scene from activating at all.
Time has no color.

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Getting Rid of Anomen crashes game
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 03:21:45 PM »
Hrm, I just downloaded it, re-installed it and it played fine.  What else do you have installed?  Do you have TOB or just SOA?
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline Radish

• Wizard/Fighter/Spellsword
  • Planewalker
  • I'm a scary dog.
Re: Getting Rid of Anomen crashes game
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 04:48:55 PM »
ToB.

Similar problems occur with the Saerileth mod when loading its custom areas, and the maker of that mod says it's caused by a bad installation and reinstalling is the fix.  That takes too long, however, and hasn't proven to be a reliable fix in my experience, so I'd rather just skip the scene entirely.  Without uninstalling it, either, as that would be the same pain in the butt that reinstalling it is.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 04:50:31 PM by Radish »
Time has no color.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: