Author Topic: Release schedule  (Read 5436 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Release schedule
« on: April 22, 2006, 02:46:05 PM »
So, the beta testers are moving along rather well with the BG1 version of the mod.  The Tutu version, however, is going to take me awhile longer, and I really should get some people beta testing it as I had to change more than I thought I would from the BG1 version. 

That being said, should I release the BG1 version first while testing begins for the Tutu version, or wait and release them both at the same time (which, obviously, would push the release date out further)?

I really don't care one way or the other, but there may be some things that I'm not considering that maybe should be considered.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
Re: Release schedule
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 02:13:32 PM »
I don't know. Sorry.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »
Are you going to release separate downloads for BG1 and Tutu? If so, I would suggest you could release the BG1 version first. Then if anything comes up you'll know to fix it for Tutu, too.

If they were going to come packaged together it might be better to wait, though.

BG2-UB should be ready soonish (give me 24 hours notice and I can shove stuff together) if you want to release in concert? :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 03:12:56 PM »
AFAIK, 2 separate packages.

I want to say release-as-ready, but then what if everybody has bugs? Ice will still be working on the Tutu version, so he'd have to divide time between the two (and then the Tutu bugs will show up once he's done and starts fixing the BG version). Which makes me think that it'd be better to get both solid before releasing them.

Of course, I won't ever actually say "hold off until the Tutu version is ready." I don't care about Tutu. At all.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 03:46:43 PM »
No, they'll be separate packages.  The Tutu version will likely end up being quite a bit larger if I need to include .tis files or sounds or whatever.  I'm not quite ready to release the BG1 version, though, as there are a few small bugs still to fix, and I'd like to give the beta testers a bit more time.  I don't think any of them have made it to the city of Baldur's Gate yet, and I know quite a bit has changed there, and I also don't have anyone who's tested it yet on a non-TotSC installation.  :(
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 09:02:23 PM »
So, the Tutu version is turning out to be more than "just drudgery".  I'm willing to wager, however, that a lot of the BG1 problems I've been reading about simply won't exist with Tutu since noone with Tutu is using Dudleyville or Fields of the Dead.  While a bigger pain in the ass to code, I'd have to say that Tutu is less likely to give you this much trouble.  I say release as you go.
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: