Author Topic: Can't kill spirit Trolls  (Read 2236 times)

vitt

Can't kill spirit Trolls
« on: May 20, 2006, 02:39:59 AM »
Hi! I have installed the SPStuff, the Tactics, the Spell50 and the Underrepresented Items Weidu Mods.

It looks like there's a bug with Troll. My solo mage is not able to kill them.

I'm in DeArnise Keep, on the second level. On the first, everything went all right. But when i moved on the second, i attracted some spirit trolls around me, to blast the with some spells ( sorry, i don't know the english name, it looks like a fireball, but it explodes on me and i'm not wounded). A couple of them put the three trolls down, i even get the experience, but they don't die, they just lie there and resurrect after some time. During this time they also look like "dead" on their label, but it doesn't matter much. They resurrect after some time.

I noticed instead, that if i don't kill them, but bring them to "almost dead", they still fall down, but this time i can kill them...

I tried uninstalling Tactics, which i thought was the cause of problems, using other spells, but the problem is still there... Any advice ?

Offline Creepin

• Planewalker
Re: Can't kill spirit Trolls
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 03:40:39 AM »
Trolls has an invisible item making sure they don't die - just fall down - when dealt lethal damage. Further evolutions, like troll's regeneration, are handled by troll's script. Perhaps Spells50 tweaked Sunfire (spell you use) in such a way that it now bypasses said item's protection, killing trolls outright thus freakng their scripts with result you described. Had to check troll's script to be sure though ::)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 03:50:38 AM by Creepin »

vitt

Re: Can't kill spirit Trolls
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 05:27:38 AM »
Thanks, but i also tried with the sphere of chaos and that didn't work too :(... guess i'll have to experiment some more...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: