Author Topic: Quest Pack v2.3 Released!  (Read 44594 times)

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
Re: Quest Pack v2.3 Released!
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 09:19:12 PM »
Unless a mod specifically takes other mods into account, you'll run across stuff like you're experiencing.

Refinements does caution that it won't function optimally with every other mod out there. That's kind of how nerfing works anyway.

"Improved Drow" has to be coded to modify specific creatures in the game. It doesn't, as far as I know, even catch every single drow it's possible for you to fight normally. For Yasraena to be included, either her creators would have had to add those abilities to her (which would work even without the tweak), or the tweak would have to look for and alter her. And Solaufein. And any other drow-ish mod NPCs out there.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline Mower

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 10:28:21 AM »
Does ToB need to installed first?  Can ToB be installed anytime after this mod (or any mod here) is installed?  Thanx.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 12:10:36 PM »
Does ToB need to installed first?  Can ToB be installed anytime after this mod (or any mod here) is installed?  Thanx.
ToB has to be one of the first things you install, BEFORE any mod.
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline Mower

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »
Copy that, thanx dude.

:)

Do you folks play this online?

Offline zhouj

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 10:24:05 PM »
Is there a Mac/non-exe version of this update?

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 10:10:40 AM »
OS X-ified version of D0QuestPack v2.3 is now available here.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:12:17 AM by Gorilym »

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2006, 11:57:39 AM »
Just uploaded a similarly converted (and tested) copy of D0Tweak v18 to the same place in case anyone's interested.

edit: Bah, unreliable file hosting services... If anyone wants Mac versions of D0QP or D0TP, PM me with your email address.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 06:39:35 AM by Gorilym »

Offline Wanderer

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 10:58:54 AM »
Trying to install 2.3 (Mac ToB) brought up the following right near the end of the Hell Trial component:

WARNING: cannot find block matching [questpack/helltest/data/d4a_1.baf]
WARNING: cannot find block matching [questpack/helltest/data/d4b_1.baf]
WARNING: cannot find block matching [questpack/helltest/data/d6a_1.baf]
WARNING: cannot find block matching [questpack/helltest/data/d6b_1.baf]

Will this lead to problems?

Offline ronin

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2006, 08:48:40 AM »
The new fixpack version 1 does this to ar2904 which Questpack tries to change and cant.

Code: [Select]
COPY_EXISTING ~ar2904.bcs~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Global("PaladinGone","AR2904"~ ~Global("AbyssPaladinGone","GLOBAL"~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Global("RangerGone","AR2904"~  ~Global("AbyssRangerGone","GLOBAL"~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\(OpenState("DOOR03",TRUE)\)~ ~\1 Global("OpenedDoor1","AR2904",1)~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\(OpenState("DOOR04",TRUE)\)~ ~\1 Global("OpenedDoor2","AR2904",1)~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\(OpenState("DOOR05",TRUE)\)~ ~\1 Global("OpenedDoor3","AR2904",1)~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\(OpenState("DOOR06",TRUE)\)~ ~\1 Global("OpenedDoor4","AR2904",1)~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Its part of the "other scripting fixes" part.  That is what is causing your errors.

To get this component to install correctly (only if yo have the above mentioned component of the fixpack installed) you have to edit the 4 .baf's that have the warnings and add:

Global("OpenedDoor4","AR2904",1)   to the d6a_1.baf and d6b_1.baf
Global("OpenedDoor2","AR2904",1)   to the d4a_1.baf and d4b_1.baf

making the block look like this for the d4a_1 and d4b_1 .baf's:

IF
OpenState("DOOR04",TRUE)
Global("OpenedDoor2","AR2904",1)   //this is the line you need to add
Global("OpenedDoor4","AR2904",0)
Global("OpenedDoor5","AR2904",0)
Global("OpenedDoor6","AR2904",0)

and for the d6a_1 and d6b_1 .baf's:

IF
OpenState("DOOR06",TRUE)
Global("OpenedDoor4","AR2904",1)  //this is the line you need to add
Global("OpenedDoor5","AR2904",0)
Global("OpenedDoor6","AR2904",0)

then reinstall the component.

@Sim, if you not happy with this just go ahead and delete my post, I understand, I was just trying to help someone.

ronin
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 02:55:54 AM by ronin69hof »

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 12:59:47 PM »
@Sim, if you not happy with this just go ahead and delete my post, I understand, I was just trying to help someone.
Since I am comfortable with the size of my penis, I have no problems with people talking about the coding of my mods. Thanks for looking at this--I'll take note of it when I (finally) produce the next version.

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2006, 07:48:57 AM »
Since I am comfortable with the size of my penis
I'm glad to see that you've finally came to terms with it, Sim.  I'm sure you'll even eventually find a woman(?) inexperienced enough to believe you when you tell her(?) size doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 07:50:29 AM by Drew »
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

Offline Wanderer

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2007, 01:59:45 AM »
The new fixpack version 1 does this to ar2904 which Questpack tries to change and cant.
ronin

Thanks for the code.  Is it known what effect will occur without the fix?  I'm debating the merit of messing with everything that's installed after it...

Offline aVENGER

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 01:35:28 AM »
Hi Sim,

It appears that the "Additional Shadow Thieves Content" component of your Quest Pack is incompatible with the "Shadow Thief Improvements" component of my Rogue Rebalancing mod since they both alter the same files. In essence, installing both components at once would definitively break some things for each, so I wouldn't advise it.

Therefore, as of the next revision, of Rogue Rebalancing I'll add a line to my .tp2 which will check whether this component of the Quest Pack is installed and, if that is the case, print out a small warning that it would be best to install either only Shadow Thief Improvements or Additional Shadow Thieves Content (i.e. one at a time). If you could do the same in the next revision of the Quest Pack it would save the players the trouble of having to go through the readmes and manually check for compatibility issues. :) Cheers!

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2007, 08:22:05 AM »
I have some vague recollection of SixOfSpades or someone mentioning that they do actually work together, you just get some obscene level of difficulty. Can anyone confirm that they are/aren't compatible?

Offline aVENGER

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 09:54:30 AM »
For RR v3.6 (and onward) I've added a bunch of global/local variable checks to essentially every script which I've assigned to the characters that are present in the Shadow Thief guildhall. Since Quest Pack also alters their AI, I presumed that this might cause some issues, so I've preemptively prohibited this components from installing if the "Additional Shadow Thieves Content" component of the Quest Pack is detected. If it's not too much trouble, I'd ask you to do the same for the next revision of your mod. You can detect the "Shadow Thief improvements" component of RR by making WeiDU search for the RR#STF01.BCS file.

BTW, I plan on eventually resolving this incompatibility issue by moving the entire content if my "Shadow Thief improvements" component to other areas and by using differently named .CRE files and scripts. However, this will definitively require a lot of additional testing so I'll be making those changes in some other (major) revision of Rogue Rebalancing. :)

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2007, 02:39:16 AM »
I have some vague recollection of SixOfSpades or someone mentioning that they do actually work together, you just get some obscene level of difficulty. Can anyone confirm that they are/aren't compatible?
It's been quite a while since I played it, but what I remember happening is that they are compatible, but since they both make changes to existing *.CREs, the Thieves themselves tend to take on the physical attributes of the mod that was installed last--I can't say if the same was true for scripts. They might very well have been trying to run BOTH sets of scripts at the same time, which if true would account for some of the insanity I experienced.

On a completely unrelated note, Sim, I was flipping through Wikipedia today and came across this:
The Fellowship of the Forgotten Flower is a loosely structured organization made of elven knights dedicated to the recovery of lost elven relics from long-abandoned elven realms. Members must be elven warriors or elven paladins.
Can anyone say "screamingly appropriate for Ormand to make a passing reference to this?"

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2007, 04:23:54 AM »
The Fellowship of the Forgotten Flower is a loosely structured organization made of elven knights dedicated to the recovery of lost elven relics from long-abandoned elven realms. Members must be elven warriors or elven paladins.

Oooooh... that's cool. *goes off to read*

Btw, any hope "Reward Negotiation" component will be fixed in the next version, so the possibility of challenging Vithal, getting all his stuff is still there, should the player desire to grab it?

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2007, 01:47:19 AM »

A little belatedly ('k, a fair lot), but having both components installed together didn't actively break anything so that you'd notice it in the game, though this was playing with older versions of both mods. I'd think anything to do with the AI of existing creatures would be dependent on which was installed last, as it is with the Mae'Var fight when using both Tactics/Blucher's and QP's modifications to that fight (for example). Custom creatures would all spawn.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline aVENGER

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2007, 01:54:41 PM »
BTW, I plan on eventually resolving this incompatibility issue by moving the entire content if my "Shadow Thief improvements" component to other areas and by using differently named .CRE files and scripts.

Done! :) The compatibility problems between "Shadow Thief Improvements" and "Additional Shadow Thieves Content" have been resolved as of RR v3.8. Quest Pack must still be installed before Rogue Rebalancing merely because it adds a few Detect[PC] lines to STGUARD1.BCS while RR changes all instances of Detect[PC] in that script to See[PC] in order to enable the STI stealth path. Note that this is no fault of Sim's, the Bioware designers themselves made the guard automatically spot invisible player characters, most likely for plot advancement reasons, he merely followed their lead for consistency.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:56:14 PM by aVENGER »

Offline kovarex

• Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2008, 05:40:23 PM »
Hello,

would it be possible to provide other then the .exe package archive, the file cannot be unpacked with my command-line unpacker (7z), and I would like to use the official mirror as source for download.

RedRaven

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2008, 09:47:52 AM »
Greetings -

I have run into the same "read out of bounds" error when trying to install Creature Fixes as described here http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,20347.msg265714.html#msg265714

I think I see the spot in the .tp2 file that is causing the problem, but I'm not a big script person, so I have a couple questions...

A)  Do I need to add in the /* AND (NOT (("%SOURCE_RES%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "C2BLUN02") = 0)) */

any place I see

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
 PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71)

or is it just in that one spot?  (There is another reference to ~item and ~spls or something like that a bit later)

I have tried both of these things and am not getting any result. 

B)  I think I may be getting my syntax wrong or something.  Any chance of an explanation for the code-impaired?  I.E.  Exactly what to put, and exactly where?  (Yes, I'm dumb and not sure if the asterisks mean "Hey pay attention to this area" or if they are actually part of the syntax.  Hah)

Anyhow... I don't want to just skip this part of the mod if the fix isn't terribly difficult.

Thanks in advance - RR

Offline Oldwolf

• Planewalker
  • Compuiters are only as smart as their operators
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 05:47:32 PM »
Ran into a minor little irritant, SCS recommends that the AI component of DOQuest pack be installed before it and the rest of the quest pack after it, however the Creature and area imporvements portion doesn't recognize the Q to quit. If you CTR-C to end the install after the AI then you don't get a Weidu log line for it's install and have to manually add the line to the Weidu log. Your only other option is to install the Creature and Area improvement package then quit as the next installable item recognizes the Q command then go back and uninstall the Improvements portion or leave it and let SCS run over both of them. I'm not .tp2 literate enough to figure out what the problem is but if you or someone tells me what I need to add where in the tp2 file I can do that so it recognizes the Q command :) thanks
"If a tree falls in the forest .... I'll Kill the b*****d what done it!" -Jaheira

Offline Archivar

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2008, 03:31:24 AM »

Hello Gorilym,

Could you send me the mac-version of D0QuestPack-mod?
My e-mail address is: nebressyl@gmail.com

Thank you very much,
Archivar

I do not know why, but I cannot send PMs.

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2008, 02:34:54 PM »

Hello Gorilym,

Could you send me the mac-version of D0QuestPack-mod?
My e-mail address is: nebressyl@gmail.com

Thank you very much,
Archivar

Sent, check your email. :-)

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2008, 02:42:57 PM »
IIRC, there's a minimum of 5 messages for a registered member before the PMs function is allowed.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: