Author Topic: Kelsey and Anomen  (Read 12245 times)

Offline vixis

• Planewalker
Kelsey and Anomen
« on: April 07, 2006, 01:22:24 PM »
Just started playing this game and really enjoying it.   I've been adding on a few modules and just discovered the flirt pack...wow, these are FUN  :o
Anomen started off as such a pratt, but has such a lovely line in dialogue it can make a girl weak at the knees.  I added Kelsey the other night after reading this forum.
Only problem is, the portraits for this pair are kinda....yeuch.  One looks like a carrot-headed sixth-former and the other so "smooth" I can't see how he is interested in these warrior-maiden PC's.  Personally, I like my heros kinda rough and hairy, like the characters in LOTR.  To cut a long story short, I found the UB mod has a little programme in it that changes Anomens appearence back to how he looked in the very first game (even yuckier in my eyes  ;) ).   Kelseys programme has an easy to spot load of BMP'S in it.
I changed Anomen to this I think he looks sort of lordly but sensitive here, with a pinch of danger about him.  A bit like Aragorn perhaps.  I think he'd get away with his snotty dialogue a little more in this guise.
http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/Portraits/Zip/M0676L.zip

Kelsey, from the little I've seen of him seems like a bad lad - a young upstart pup.  I chose this one for him

http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/Portraits/Zip/M0370L.zip

Let me know what you think - I shall certainly enjoy playing with them
:)

Offline Everlong

• Carpe Diem
  • Planewalker
  • If you lived here, you'd be home by now
Re: Kelsey and Anomen
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 01:29:44 AM »
I do like the one for Anomen-very nice! But I always saw Kelsey as the sort of guy you could take home to your parents, and no offense, but it kinda makes him look a lil ratty, and well it kinda looks like Brad Pitt (ARRR hate that guy!) but anyhoo, i definetly love the Anomen portrait, it makes him seem alot less 'I'm too good for you'. (Aragon...*drool*)
Dan Mott: What are you doing? <br />Jerry Conlaine: Taking off my shoes.<br />Dan Mott: Why? <br />Jerry Conlaine: Because I run faster with no shoes.<br />Dan Mott: You can't out-run that bear! Jerry Conlaine: I dont have to out-run the bear, I just have to out-run you!

Offline vixis

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 04:27:59 PM »
Hi
  I have to agree with you about Kelsey - he suited that image for a start, during the conversations with Keldorn, wherre he was worried about being persecuted.  After playing for a while longer, he still seems very young but kinda earns his keep now....much less..err...blonde, if ya know what I mean.  Brad Pitt?  Ugh!  I hadn't noticed the resemblance until you pointed it out.  I was more thinking Eomir.
 Can anybody point me toward a better LOTR type portrait?

Vixis

Offline Everlong

• Carpe Diem
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 01:10:27 AM »
Hey there, I did manage to find a set of LOTR portraits a while back, though they weren't my cup of tea, they're worth having a look at.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index_soundsets_portraits.php
Dan Mott: What are you doing? <br />Jerry Conlaine: Taking off my shoes.<br />Dan Mott: Why? <br />Jerry Conlaine: Because I run faster with no shoes.<br />Dan Mott: You can't out-run that bear! Jerry Conlaine: I dont have to out-run the bear, I just have to out-run you!

Offline Jinxie

• Planewalker
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 11:03:13 AM »
Well, I know EXACTLY what you mean about those default portraits! No offence to the modders but I just couldn't take Kelsey seriously when his portrait stuck out like a sore thumb among all the others. But anyway, I did a little poking around and came up with this a while ago. In my game, I changes his colouring to fit with his original description, but otherwise, wow!  ;D Unfortunately, my windows hard drive is busted (luckily leaving the one with all my important stuff unsinged) so until I buy a new one, this is all I can show you:

http://vnmedia.ign.com/nwvault.ign.com/fms/images/portraits/535/1114984855_fullres.jpg

As for Anomen, can you say George Michael? I wanted his to look a little 'rougher', not so much that his character didn't fit at all, just without that stupid bit of hair dangling down that makes him look like he's about to burst into one of John Travolta's solos. I can't find the portrait I use in my game, but here's something that might do, even though I normally hate using well known actors in game:

http://vnmedia.ign.com/nwvault.ign.com/fms/images/portraits/43/1114984424_fullres.jpg

His hair could be changed to brown pretty easily, though obviously this isn't my own comp and has none of the right programs, but it could make for an interesting change for those that are tired of the 'fake tan and lip-gloss' look. Perhaps he's not entirely right for Anomen, but I can just about see him making one of his annoying little snaps at the beginning  ;). Truly, I love what Anomen COULD have become if there wasn't so much 'that arrogant idiot!' attitude around, though I'll admit he does seem pretty foolish earlier on...someone should write a mod to make him less of a meanie to everyone else  :)

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 12:00:30 PM »
Well, I know EXACTLY what you mean about those default portraits! No offence to the modders but I just couldn't take Kelsey seriously when his portrait stuck out like a sore thumb among all the others.

I'd recommend the 'Alternate Kelsey portrait set #1 by Karse Soze (regular Kelsey)' component, as it looks pretty seamless in game.

(http://webpages.charter.net/kelseynpc/kelseypics/kelsey-karstenhair.jpg)
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 05:17:25 PM »
The series of alternates by Muse are also all very seamless (see the Kelsey gallery for a sample).

I like the pic linked by SparklyCaffeineJunkie, but it's not Kelsey (I'd cheerfully use it for a PC). Once I have an idea of how a character should look, I'm pretty inflexible about it.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 06:21:35 PM »
I always use the option provided by Corvis, personally.
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

Offline vixis

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 10:43:30 AM »
Hello all
  Liked the pics by "sparkly caffiene addict", esp. Anomen. - I think I'll download that one and play through with it for a while.  The Kelsey one was pretty, but he looks too much like a little boy for my tastes. Somehow couldn't imagine him going through what the characters in the game go through - I think my character would feel sorry for him and act like his mum  ::)   I  really can't get to grips with the "official" Kelsey pics.... I think it's cos I'm a college lecturer and he just looks a bit too much like a student for comfortable escapism  ;)
  I'm getting used to my blonde Kelsey....I managed to get the first bit of his romance before it got cut off (who-ever wrote him really doesn't like multi-romance!). The blonde pic kinda suited him when he said that no-one took him seriously because of his appearance.  I can imagine him with his hair neatly tied back as a merchant boy, then getting kinda wild when he discovered his sorcerer powers.
I'm enjoying the Anomen romance, but he is a bit mean with.... err...the jewels of his manhood.  As it's taking me a very long time to play the game (the computer crashes...I forget to save it etc etc) this romance is getting boring because nothing has happened for a long time.  I wish someone would write add-ons for slow players!  Getting a few more lines from him, now TOB has started.
A lot of ladies seem to like Solafien (anyone know why?), but I found him quite a cold character, lost in a sea of misery about his lost love.  Haven't heard anything from him yet in TOB....how soon should his romance start?

Offline Bookwyrme

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 11:05:27 AM »
Do you have the flirt-packs installed?  That helps with the rather meagre romance content for Anomen.
Stop by my blog over at Bookwyrme's Lair, my collection of reviews, pictures, and general ramblings. I also review comics and books over at FanboyNation.

Offline vixis

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 11:42:42 AM »
Sigh....yes....been through all that....as I say, it's taken me a loonnngggg time to play!   It's a shame it's impossible to multi - romance as I could have done half with one and half with the other

Offline vixis

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 02:49:32 PM »
Been using the linked pic. above for Anomen, but for some reason, it doesn't look good with all the blue symbols all over it.   Found this one, which I'm gonna try out.  Again, a good mix of danger and sensitivity.

http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Image.php?id=23006

At present, I'm on TOB (just started chapter 9) and the Anomen flirt pack is all older stuff I've already had in SOA.  Wondering when something new will come up.  Should it?

When I've finished, I'm gonna play a mega game, starting right at BG1 and go right through.  I think this time, I'll try romancing Kelsey. I've bought an elderly PC for this - Mac OS10 has always been unhappy with the game and I'm forever having to restrt after crashes, empty the cache etc etc.  Any suggestions for good NPC's? I've already downloaded Chloe, as Imoen (I moan!  >:() drives me mad - A relationship with Chloe may add a bit of interest to her!

berelinde

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 04:21:34 AM »
I know what you mean about the Kelsey portrait not quite fitting in with the others. I've been using the hooded alternate portrait for him in this game, but in previous games, I swapped it for a pic of Faramir (David Wenham), who has more or less the same coloring. And I can't provide a link, because it was a screen shot from the movie that I cropped down and saved in the appropriate format. Sorry.

The Anomen portrait doesn't bug me. I tried the alternate with Unfinished Business, but wasn't thrilled with his youthfulness (at 40, I like my guys a bit older), and I absolutely did not like the original Yoshimo portrait, so I wound up uninstalling both portraits and reverting to the ones that shipped with the game.

Offline Everlong

• Carpe Diem
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 11:33:14 PM »
I absolutely did not like the original Yoshimo portrait

Agreed, the eyebrows...yeeesh

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 09:45:47 AM »
With me, I felt it made Yoshimo look less like a dangerous and compelling character, and more like a bufoon.

Thankfully, these components are optional.

BTW--I really like that long-haired blonde Anomen. Very sexy. And this coming from me! I usually prefer clean-cut guys. I guess I'm a bit of a freak, but I never got into that whole "bad boy" thing.

Offline vixis

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 02:17:05 PM »
Finally finished BG2 and really enjoyed the Anomen romance.  Thank you so much for writing it!   As far as portraits go, I used the one in my first post (with the red cloak) for the small portrait (looks OK with symbols all over the bottom of it) and the one in my last post (the long haired knight in plate armour....oh, he's luvverly) for the epilogue.  I never got the rose flirt in the end (sniff!) Is it only the CN variant that produces this?

The last post - about some NPC portrits looking too young - I agree with you there.  I'm in my mid 40's, but my PC is 35....I reckon a younger woman would not be capable of doing what she does - leading a party and going through so many trials and tribulations. An older one probably couldn't be bothered  ;)

At the moment, I am playing BG1 and my PC is in her early 20's, freshly liberated from Candlekeep.  This is proving to be quite a different roleplaying experience! ;D

Offline vixis

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 02:02:09 PM »
Hi all
  In the end, I bit the bullet and much to the chagrin of friends and family, exchanged my trusty Mac for a PC.  I'm amazed at how much better Baldurs Gate runs, after the many crashes I had to put up with the first time I played.  It seems that the game and later OS10 versions did not see eye to eye.
I managed to download a whole lot of female - romancable NPC's, such as the new Xan and Tsujatha and am experimenting with them now  :D  I love Shadowkeeper, which has opened up a whole set of new "fiddling" avenues.
  I like my men dark, brooding and dangerous, so really, I still like Anomen the best....only thing is, he has so little to say!  Anyone want to expand his portion of the flirt pack?   Got further on in the Kelsey romance and into 2.  Stopped it there though, as I couldn't abide the thought of my PC calling anyone yummy!

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 09:10:03 PM »
if you like your men dark and brooding, you will love tsujatha.  you might want to try solaufein too... he is really soulful
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Offline vixis

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 03:32:53 PM »
Hi

Yes, I do like Tsujatha.  Only probs with him are I'm having trouble mentally imaging him..... as a 6 foot 6,  gold coloured elf with silver eyes, a picture doesn't easily pop into ones head.  It was also hard imagining anyone refering to my PC as "little one", but with him being so tall, I suppose she would be in comparison!  I'm running Tsujatha and Xan together, as Xan will multi-romance, which is a great advantage.  His (Xan) is a peculiar kind of romance and is more like a deep friendship.
  I did the Solufien romance the first time time and it didn't appeal to me....there wasn't much written for him and any passion there was seemed kinda cold.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 05:57:26 PM »
I don't know if it's a case of Xan multi-romancing. It might be more a case of no cross-mod material for Xan and Tsujatha. They probably don't talk to each other at all.

It is my understanding that Xan and Anomen do have a romance conflict element, but only in the sense that if you choose bonded path for Xan, it will kill a romance with Anomen and if your relationship with Anomen goes to the committed stage it will kill a romance with Xan. But if you choose the non-bonded path for Xan... there are spoilers even I will not divulge.

Offline vixis

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 02:34:12 PM »
I'm a naughty girl and change all my variables with Shadowkeeper  ;)  I have found that Tsujatha and Anomen won't run together (my PC slept with both of them), even forcing them to run both on 1 with Shadowkeeper won't work.....the effects are very strange and mysterious.

Xan will run on 1 alongside Anomen without ill effects but will go into 2 even if Tsujatha is in 2.  I can't remember if I tried both Xan and Anomen in 2 because of the conflicts I was getting with Tsujatha.    I kinda customise my game, so my PC has run a little of Xans  bon ded path and a little of the non bonded.  The nasty surprises, I found, are shadowkeeper-able around.

Sorry if this sounds a little like cheating, but I play BG for the story and character interaction.....I find that by fiddling it a little, I can squeeze that bit more story line out.

I have the multi i-romance  patch so Jahera, Airie and Viconia will run in 1 alongside Tsujatha and Xan - I find this quite convincing, as PC can form friendships with the female members of her party.  I never let them get into 2 cos I'm not that way inclined  ;)

I'm getting ready now to do a mega install - there are a whole lot of new releases of older mods, such as TDD out.  My next project is the Edwin romance and to see if I can stand Kelsey in 2!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: