Author Topic: Solaufein and Anomen... a Question.  (Read 3642 times)

Prekrasa

Solaufein and Anomen... a Question.
« on: April 06, 2006, 04:53:39 AM »
I'm thinking of downloading Solaufein, but I have one teensy little problem. I downlaoded Kelseya  while ago and had a roaring good time of course, but there's one fatal flaw for me. I actually like Anomen.

I know, I know, it's virtually unheard of, but being an arrogant prick of a paladin myself, I relate. It's those childhood dreams of a knight in shining armour. I had to uninstall Kelsey and the flirt packs simply because whoever wrote them *really* did not like Anomen.

Am I going to have to do the same thing if I install Solaufein? Cause I'm way into my game mods, and I'd love a new character, but not if it means sacrificing my best cleric.

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Solaufein and Anomen... a Question.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 08:53:09 AM »
Solaufein will ignore any other romance you have going.  I don't recall what his banters with Anomen are like, however.

What didn't you like about Anomen's flirts, btw?
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Prekrasa

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 10:23:07 AM »
I dunno, it just seemed like they were only there through obligation. I think it's a mistake when authors try to work with material they don't like, because it always shines through. Not that I don't think many people enjoyed it, or that I don't appreciate the effort that went into it, it just really wasn't designed to make you like the poor guy.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 10:49:33 AM »
I didn't have the impression that the flirts were written by someone who didn't like Anomen. I liked the Anomen flirts from the flirt pack, and I think they fit well (except some rare ones, but that's a matter of taste I guess.) I especially liked the change done to the hell arrival.
But for Kelsey... Yep, I uninstalled him because of the Anomen-ridiculing in mid-game, too.

EDIT: I just realised the last sentence had the opposite meaning to what I intended. better late than never, I guess.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 01:37:25 AM by jastey »

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »
If I recall correctly, Anomen's flirts were largely written by people who really like Anomen.  Jason didn't write the whole flirtpack himself. :)
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »
I suspect what we have here is more a matter of player prejudice (or, rather, mistaken judgment.) Because as Kismet said, I didn't write the majority of Anomen's flirts--and I don't dislike Anomen, either.

I think much of the "oh, they're so mean to Anomen" perception is due to the fact that Anomen, as the sole male Bioromance NPC, had a "free pass" for however many years and times people played it before adding Kelsey (or later romances which interacted with Anomen.)

That said, Solaufein's banters do not address Anomen's potential romance with the PC.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: