Author Topic: Fixed Spawns Now Available in EasyTutu  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Fixed Spawns Now Available in EasyTutu
« on: March 29, 2006, 11:33:21 AM »
New versions of EasyTutu are now available for download.

Most notably, a complete set of spawn fixes has been implemented: 384 individual spawn points, spread out over 49 different game areas, have been fixed.  Not a single conventional spawn point remains.  Furthermore, control over the spawning process has been placed into your hands -- the game difficulty level (Novice / Normal / Core Rules / Hard / Insane, as set in the game options) now directly influences the overall difficulty of monster spawns.

Travel encounters (hostile interruptions of your travel from one area to another on the game map) have also been reconfigured so that they too respond to the game difficulty level.  A "sanity check" has been implemented for early game travel spawns occurring between Candlekeep and the Friendly Arm, in order to prevent massacres of low-level parties.

Complete details about these updates, as well as the other little fixes that made it into this release, can be found in the EasyTutu change log.  The downloads are in their usual place on the EasyTutu page.

Please note that if you currently have an EasyTutu game in progress, you are strongly urged to complete that game prior to updating EasyTutu.

Enjoy.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Fixed Spawns Now Available in EasyTutu
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 08:16:21 PM »
Hello -

I just posted updated versions of EasyTutu to correct a small issue with yesterday's release.  See the change log for details.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 11:12:13 AM »
Hello -

I've created a new add-on for EasyTutu which allows for further customization of the new spawn system.  Here are the details, taken straight from the EasyTutu page:

The default behavior of the new EasyTutu spawn system is to populate every spawn point on your initial visit to an area, and then repopulate each spawn point one game day after it has been cleared.  This add-on will allow you to introduce an element of randomness to monster spawning: you may select a base spawn chance (the choices are: 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, or 90%), and the selected percentage is used as the chance of any individual spawn point becoming populated when it is time for a spawn there.  Spawn points will still be limited to a maximum of one spawn per game day with this add-on installed.

This add-on may be installed at any point in the mod installation order, since it only affects EasyTutu-specific scripts.  It may be installed if you have a game in progress, and will affect all (future) spawn decisions in that game.  You may find it most convenient to install this add-on after all other mods you will be using, as doing so will allow you to experiment with the various spawn percentages most easily.  Please note that setting the spawn percentage below 60 or 70 percent may make the game world start to feel a bit barren.

The download is availabe in the "Optional Add-Ons" section of the EasyTutu page.  Feel free to post any questions or comments here.

Offline underdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 09:32:14 AM »
Did you change the way creatures spawn on maps, just went to the ankheg farm, got a spawn of 12 ankhegs  :o
Now this was after finishing the cloakwood mines, and was on the way through to get to BG, I went up there earlier to recruit Ajantis and talk to farmer Brun must have killed ~15 ankhegs to get to him, I would walk towards the farmer get hit by 1-4 ankhegs, kill them go back rest, try again and get hit by more of them, took about 6 tries to get the the farmer.  :-\  oh well at 975xp each, I gained about 6 levels ie. everyone leveled up at least once before I got there.

!lanimret siht edisni deppart ma I !pleH

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 09:42:28 AM »
Hello -

Did you change the way creatures spawn on maps, just went to the ankheg farm, got a spawn of 12 ankhegs  :o
Now this was after finishing the cloakwood mines, and was on the way through to get to BG, I went up there earlier to recruit Ajantis and talk to farmer Brun must have killed ~15 ankhegs to get to him, I would walk towards the farmer get hit by 1-4 ankhegs, kill them go back rest, try again and get hit by more of them, took about 6 tries to get the the farmer.  :-\  oh well at 975xp each, I gained about 6 levels ie. everyone leveled up at least once before I got there.

Spawn locations and possible creatures at each location have changed not at all.  The spawns themselves do scale according to difficulty level.  What do you have the difficulty level set at?

As for your specific example, you didn't get a spawn of 12 ankhegs.  If I recall, 4 is the max for ankhegs, and that's only at the highest possible difficulty setting (Insane).  But there are a number of ankheg spawn points on that map, so taken together, they could add up to 12 if the difficulty was cranked high enough.

You might also want to look into the EasyTutu "Spawn Randomizer" in the Optional Add-Ons section of the EasyTutu page.  It allows you to alter the default behavior of the new spawn system (repopulate every spawn point once per game day) by introducing an element of randomness to whether spawns occur.

Offline underdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 11:19:48 AM »
difficulty is at the center, (default?).
12 Ankhegs came up at once, (maybe it was 3 spawns of 4 all at once, and I was level 6-7 at the time also) first time I died in the first volley of acid attacks from the ankehgs, so reloaded went back and 12 more popped up again in the same spot, (at least there were 12 shells left behind) which was just short of meeting the ranger who is hunting the ankhegs, I guess I blew my quota of 10 that he says not to exceed, but this time I was ready for them, 2 wands of fire(x2),  2 potions of explosions, thinned them out pretty quick.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 11:39:41 AM »
Hello -

difficulty is at the center, (default?).
12 Ankhegs came up at once, (maybe it was 3 spawns of 4 all at once, and I was level 6-7 at the time also) first time I died in the first volley of acid attacks from the ankehgs, so reloaded went back and 12 more popped up again in the same spot, (at least there were 12 shells left behind) which was just short of meeting the ranger who is hunting the ankhegs, I guess I blew my quota of 10 that he says not to exceed, but this time I was ready for them, 2 wands of fire(x2),  2 potions of explosions, thinned them out pretty quick.

At a difficulty setting of Core Rules (the center option, as you put it), you will get two ankhegs if a spawn point spawns ankhegs.

I checked the Farmer Brun area, and it has three ankhegs-only spawn points, plus another spawn point that has a 1 in 3 chance of spawning ankhegs.  That map also has six ankhegs that are static actors (i.e., they are always there when you first visit the map and are gone forever when killed).  But to my knowledge, the spawn points are spaced out, and the static ankhegs are as well.  You shouldn't be getting twelve all in the same spot.  When I get a minute, I'll tour that map with a test character at Core Rules difficulty and see what I get.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 12:18:07 PM »
Hello -

I did a test run through that map on an unmodded EasyTutu at Core Rules difficulty, and I didn't experience anything like what you describe.

I encountered two groups of spawned bandits near the bottom of the map.  I know that one of those two groups could have spawned ankhegs, so that was a potential two.  On the way to Farmer Brun's house, across his field, I encountered two ankhegs.  And that was it between the map bottom and his house.  There were some more ankheg groups either north of his house, or far to the east side of the map, but you wouldn't run into these on your way to Brun's.

All of these creature groups were spaced out across the map exactly as they were supposed to be.

Offline underdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »
Heres where they spawned almost directly east of the farmer.
http://hbci.com/~jamesp/Baldrank2.jpg
and the aftermath, i just killsworded them
http://hbci.com/~jamesp/Baldrank3.jpg

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 04:39:06 PM »
Hello -

Heres where they spawned almost directly east of the farmer.
http://hbci.com/~jamesp/Baldrank2.jpg
and the aftermath, i just killsworded them
http://hbci.com/~jamesp/Baldrank3.jpg

OK, you are definitely seeing behavior that I cannot replicate.  Was that your first visit to that map?

If you don't mind, please post the contents of your weidu.log.

Offline underdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 10:19:49 PM »
Not first visit, first time going to that area, first visit was to get Ajantis, was L1-L2 at the time, later came back for farmer Brun's stuff, then went there on the way to BG.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enhanced Goodberries
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Sensible Lore Table
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #12 // Journal Entry Titles
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #43 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #55 // Commoners Use Drab Colors
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #58 // Icon Improvements
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #61 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or  Armor (Galactygon)
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #83 // Add Bags of Holding to BG1
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #86 // Exotic Item Pack
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #89 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #92 // Add Map Notes
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #95 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #126 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #132 // Remove Baldur's Gate Experience Cap
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #135 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #141 // Universal Clubs
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #142 // English Only: Description Updates for Universal  Clubs Component
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #145 // Weapon Styles for All
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #148 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #151 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #152 // English Only: Alter Item Descriptions for 'Stealth and  Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor' Component
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #155 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #156 // English Only: Alter Item Descriptions for 'Allow Arcane  Spellcasting in Armor' Component
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #159 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #165 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #173 // Wear Magic Rings and Armor (Weimer)
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #176 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #179 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and  Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #191 // PnP Spell Progression Tables
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #194 // Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #219 // 100% Learn Spells
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #225 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #228 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #231 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #234 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #237 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #270 // ToB-Style NPCs
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #277 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BG1TUTU edition v1.4
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.02 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install the new areas?  This must be done at least once!
~SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-INDINPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Indira NPC for BG1Tutu

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 11:48:02 AM »
Hello -

Not first visit, first time going to that area, first visit was to get Ajantis, was L1-L2 at the time, later came back for farmer Brun's stuff, then went there on the way to BG.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enhanced Goodberries
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.02 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install the new areas?  This must be done at least once!

Why didn't you say you were using Ding0berries right off the bat?  Clearly, that is the problem.  :pirate

I've looked at that list, and I am familiar with most of those mods.  However, I am not familiar with Bone Hill.  I took a glance at it, and it appears to be a large and complex mod.  Further, I found this in its readme:

Several areas has some of the BP "hardness" code added to it, so if you are a higher level character and/or playing at above Easy, you will get more enemies.  In theory, this code should work with both the BGT version and the Tutu version.

I am interested in whether you can replicate your ankheg craziness without Bone Hill installed.  I wouldn't recommend that you mess with your mod list right now, seeing as you've got a game in progress.  But perhaps some testing after you've finished?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: