Author Topic: Original BG1 Soundset - Any Hope At All?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Gregor

• Planewalker
Original BG1 Soundset - Any Hope At All?
« on: April 08, 2006, 10:52:12 PM »
Hello all,

Just started playing with Tutu (EasyTutu install) and so far everything rocks (of course, I haven't been to Beregost yet, which I understand can be...problematic).

Except...

I'd forgotten that when the BG2 engine took over the game, I'd lose the BG1 soundsets.  I HATE every single BG2 male PC voice with a fiery passion.  The BG1 set, on the other hand, gives me the option of that pleasant-sounding fellow...you know, the one who says "Alright, alright!"  I miss him.

If I'm not mistaken, there was no option in either TuTu or Easy Tutu to keep the original soundsets...was there an option in the fixpack OR the tweaks that I just blew by in my frenzied download haze?  If not, is there ANY way I can get that soundset back?  I REALLY don't want my sorcerer (!  In BG1! I still can't get over it!) to go through the entire game saying "Let's do this quick and painful" like some Nashkel alley-thug.

Any help you could offer would be MOST appreciated!

(Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere on the board...I just don't have the stamina tonight to weed through 15 pages of posts)
Don't Touch Me!  That's...very important.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Re: Original BG1 Soundset - Any Hope At All?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 01:24:41 AM »
It's extremely easy to have the BG1 soundsets in TuTu for your main character. Just copy the content in the BG1 directory "Sound" and paste it under BG2's "Sound" directory. 

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 10:01:31 AM »
Just to be sure, I think you might want to copy the one voice set you use from the BG1 directory "sounds"  INTO the Tutu directory "sounds" -- there are mods (including BG1NPC) that use the BG2 player soundsets as NPC voices, so if you simply replaced the whole folder, you could get some odd happenings with sound. The BG2 soundsets have more entries, so some modded characters might be missing some sounds.

Offline Gregor

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 11:02:38 AM »
Thanks so much! You guys rock HARD.   8)

Copied the male 2 BG1 voice set into the BG Tutu Sounds folder, and it worked like a charm.  (Good thing I hadn't uninstalled BG1 yet...)

I should have realized it would be realitively simple since I must have seen "You can add your own sounds to the game" flash on the screen approximately 6,000,000 times.  And all this time, I've been playing BG2 with those craptacular default sounds.  I'm such a tool.   :'(

Don't Touch Me!  That's...very important.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 12:44:42 PM »
Just to be sure, I think you might want to copy the one voice set you use from the BG1 directory "sounds"  INTO the Tutu directory "sounds" -- there are mods (including BG1NPC) that use the BG2 player soundsets as NPC voices, so if you simply replaced the whole folder, you could get some odd happenings with sound. The BG2 soundsets have more entries, so some modded characters might be missing some sounds.

The male voices from BG1 have different file names, so you won't wind up overwriting anything. For some reason the females *do* have the same file names, so one should use a renamer to rename them before copying them over.
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: