Author Topic: I need serious help  (Read 4082 times)

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
I need serious help
« on: September 22, 2006, 08:40:33 PM »
i did a clean install of SoA and ToB before i started just to make sure there were no residual files from other mods left over.  but when jasper appears, he is speaking Tsujatha's dialog.... i dont have Tsu installed.     the other mods i have are ascension, turnabout, improved oasis, revised hell trials, ghareth, chloe, xan (romance) , zyraens's misc. mods and virtue.  i installed virtue last like in says in the read me files.  can anyone tell me what is wrong?
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
Re: I need serious help
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 08:46:24 PM »
sorry for the double post, but i tried uninstalling all the other mods except dungeon be gone, and i still have the same problem... i am going nuts !!!!

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 09:49:21 PM »
sorry, now its a triple post, but this is just tooo bizarre...... i uninstalled DBG and jasper still shows up, with tsujatha's dialog.  i am going to do a whole new install (again) and hope for the best

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 11:14:35 PM »
Hang on. You said you keep doing a whole new reinstall, but you never say anything about how you're uninstalling the old one. Did you delete the SoA folder and everything in it?

When you use the Install Shield uninstaller to uninstall Baldurs Gate or Baldur's Gate 2, you never completely uninstall the game. Sure, the game itself is no longer resident on your hard drive, by you've still got that Override folder and WeiDU log sitting there. You have to manually delete these two files after you have uninstalled the game and before you reinstall. Nothing fancy. Rightclicking and selecting "delete" will work.

There are several files that are not removed during uninstallation. The Override folder, the WeiDU log, all your mods, your saved games, your custom character portraits, and sounds are some of them. The uninstaller will not remove your mods, either.

Unless you delete your WeiDU log, it is going to tell your computer to reinstall everything in the log all over again. But it won't do so cleanly, so you will probably see strange lines crop up.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 11:17:10 PM by BGhead »

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 07:48:05 PM »
thanks.... i thought i got rid of everything, but i must have had some old junk still lurking.  everything is working fine now.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 11:10:45 PM »
Glad to hear it!

I've made every boo-boo a person could possibly make during any installation, so I've learned how to unistall propperly. I'm not sure I'm proud of this skill.

Regardless, I'm happy you're once again up and running with everyone saying what they're supposed to say.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: