Author Topic: Interjections - some Questions  (Read 864 times)

Offline KingMick

• Planewalker
  • is woefully new to modding
Interjections - some Questions
« on: March 22, 2006, 06:05:08 AM »
Working on the interjections for my mod right now, and I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer, since so far people have been more than helpful here.

(1) What is the best/quickest/easiest way to have the NPC insert his comments in a place where the PC has replies, without cutting out the replies?  In other words, for example, someone asks the PC a question and he has four or five possible answers, but before he can answer, my NPC gives some advice, and then the PC is allowed to answer normally.  Is there a convenient way of doing this?  It looks like INTERJECT and its siblings are out of the question...

(2) There are many places in the game where NPCs initiate a dialog or make a comment when you reach a specific point on the map, but looking through scripting tutorials, WeiDU, and NI, I can't figure out how to have my NPC do this.  In other words, for example, the PC comes within sight of Jan's house and the NPC says something like "Look, it's my good buddy Jan's house! Let's go!"

(3) Just want to make sure I am correct in this: unlike the B file for banters, anything put in the J file will automatically be executed as soon as the conditions for it are met, correct?

Thanks for anyone willing to help this newbie out :D

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
Re: Interjections - some Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 07:09:02 AM »
1) What's wrong with I_C_T?  This kind of situation is exactly what it was intended for: the person interjecting and then the dialogue resuming as normal

2) Generally they use See() for this kind of jazz, though you do need something or someone for your person to See().  Though in practice most people just use AreaCheck()s to see if they are in a particular area rather than seeing something particular in that area (as its much easier).

3) If there is a script block for firing it.  Dialogues can't just run of their own accord.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: