Author Topic: Problem installing mod...error message  (Read 902 times)

Offline jcmpalacios

• Planewalker
Problem installing mod...error message
« on: April 23, 2006, 08:49:49 PM »
HI,

I'm new to adding mods into my Baldur's Gate 2 game, so I apologize for my ignorance in advance.
First, I downloaded the file into my SOA directory. I already have WinRAR installed on my computer so I can just open up the zipped files. I went into the directory, clicked onto setup.EXE file and a message comes up: "'Unable to find dialog.tlk' ' please run this program in Infinity Engine game directory'". Again I apologize but what does this mean? I downloaded this Mod 3xs hoping maybe it was a glitch. But the message is still the same. Please, I need step-by-step instructions on installing this mod into the game. I was able to install Dungons-be-gone and the Banter Pack with no problems.
I appreciate any help you can give me....thanks again

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
Re: Problem installing mod...error message
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 12:56:09 PM »
Answered on CoM, I believe.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Saber

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 07:15:30 PM »
Since that doesn't help him...

setup.exe needs to be in the same location as dialog.tlk. So, take the .exe from the folder it is in (the mod folder), and put it directlly into the BG2:SoA directory. Then run it. Also make sure you are not running BG2 or Infinity Explorer at the same time (just in case).

If you have already done it, I'm not sure.
"Who is the more foolish... the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 07:40:18 AM »
Actually, it did. He/She asked the same question over at CoM, got several answers and has the mod installed and working.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: