Author Topic: Misc stuff(Was Re: v15 stuff.)  (Read 2477 times)

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
Misc stuff(Was Re: v15 stuff.)
« on: March 04, 2006, 10:38:03 AM »
In the Pocket Plane challenges, it appears the ogre magi in the mass melee may have originally been giant trolls. chaltrol.cre has a DV of chevil03, same as the ogre magi, and appears to have a script that would do the official low-hp-troll-replacement script.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 11:01:14 AM »
CamDawg: The troll in the troll-gladiator cutscene in the Copper Coronet... it might have been a bear.
icelus: A bear would be more appropriate
CamDawg: glbear.cre is the creature file, and it uses b1-6.itm. IIRC, that's a bear's standard attack item. Plus the DV is GladiatorBear.
icelus: Well there you go.  I like a bear better.
icelus: I mean, there is a Beastmaster, afterall.
CamDawg: Plus there are no trolls when you clean out the back.
CamDawg: Closest trolls are the ones in the slaver ship.

CamDawg: I guess you have a choice of Grizzly or Black Bear. I'd suggest Black; glbear2 is a black bear.
CamDawg: Yeah, black bears use b1-6. Grizzlies are b1-12.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 11:07:37 AM by icelus »
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 11:09:07 AM »
Looks like it's supposed to be a black bear--the item would be consistent, plus the black bear in with the beastmaster is glbear2.cre. There's a grizzly there as well, but grizzlies use b1-12.itm as their attack.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 04:32:02 PM »
Hurg's line is original, not mod content. It's very believable that a level 10 fighter would choose to be a sewer cleaner instead of a guard or mercenary or... anything in the world except a sewer cleaner.
Well, okay, but that doesn't change the fact that unarmed Commoners placidly going about their daily duties in the presence of such creatures as Otyughs, Mustard Jellies, Rakshasa, and (in Chapter 6) Beholders is rather, well, ridiculous. Not to mention raising the issue of why they would have been given Spider's Bane in the first place, if not to use it. But at least it would be consistent with the sewer cleaners in BG1.

CamDawg: The troll in the troll-gladiator cutscene in the Copper Coronet... it might have been a bear.
icelus: A bear would be more appropriate
Hmmm....I personally have no preference. Taking the Troll (at arrow-point) back through the Slums Sewers to its cage in the Slaver Ship would be only marginally more difficult than taking it at arrow-point back to its cage in the Copper Coronet. There might be any number of reasons to keep the Trolls there: Captain Haegan is better able to keep them under control than the Beastmaster could, Trolls need more room to move around, the Trolls would irritate the other animals if they were caged up next to each other, etc. The only thing I dislike about the Trolls is the cutscene: BioWare pit the Dwarf against an opponent he could not possibly kill (he only has a normal Dagger), and they still scripted him an auto-death.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: