Author Topic: AREA000G.bif missing even after full install?  (Read 1956 times)

ziphnor

AREA000G.bif missing even after full install?
« on: February 27, 2006, 04:24:45 PM »
Hi,
I am trying to install EasyTutu. I have the old 5 CD version of BG1 which i have installed. I then installed TotSC, followed by the latest UK patch, again doing a custom install and choosing everything. However when i run easytutu setup i am informed that it cannot install due to the above file missing from the bg1 install. (bg2 is installed with ToB and latest patch, its only complaining about BG1). The file indeed doesnt exist, but i have no idea what to do about it.

ziphnor

Re: AREA000G.bif missing even after full install?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 04:27:23 PM »
I found the file on CD4 and now its installing. However, i *did* choose all the options under custom installation.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: AREA000G.bif missing even after full install?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 06:11:55 PM »
Hello -

I found the file on CD4 and now its installing. However, i *did* choose all the options under custom installation.

Your CD4 may be a bit sketchy -- it's possible to have selected everything but have a file fail to copy due to some sort of read error.  That's one of the installer's jobs, to warn you of missing files at install time.  Anyway, I'm glad that you found the file -- hopefully there won't be any file corruption issues, or any other signs of a bad CD.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: