Author Topic: Translations: what is the point?  (Read 45999 times)

Offline Eleima

• Planewalker
  • Be warned! Stickler for spelling & continuity =*)
    • My Fanfiction.net
Re: Translations: what is the point?
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2008, 12:29:24 PM »
A thousand strings?  No kidding...  And if only to keep myself in a "Xan mood", I just calculated that I need translate 129 strings to increase my progress by 1%... ::)
But no worries, I'm keeping my chin up. I sure hope players won't be disappointed, I do know that a lot of them are awaiting this mod, and I really hope to deliver.

I'll just have to remind them once in a while that a rushed job is a botched job. ;D

But then again...  what's the point? ;)
Check out my DeviantArt account<br />as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net[/font]

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Translations: what is the point?
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2008, 12:34:49 PM »
You should've seen me translating Xan into Russian at speed 100 lines per hour. And people's been playing it! Hah, I've been told that all these tragic scenes in English are absolutely hilarious in Russian. Um, good thing, I assume?

Anyway, magic erotic words to keep track of in both languages are "pale", "quietly", "dark hair", and "raised an eyebrow". Then your translation becomes a panty-peeler. Jo Rowling sure knows that.

(Kidding.)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: