Author Topic: TOB Questions - Duh!  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Lauredhel

• Planewalker
TOB Questions - Duh!
« on: February 16, 2006, 06:59:24 PM »
I've just acquired Throne of Bhaal (can't wait to get started!)  Is it true that you can import Mr. Delryn into TOB?  Uh... just for the technologically impaired.... how does one do that??  Also, I assume the romance and flirt pack will be active in TOB?  Is there anything special I need to do/know?

Any new flirts coming in the future? :D

Sorry for the moronic questions (but if ya don't ask ya don't know, I always say!).  Thanks for any info.  Love this forum.  Great reading. ;)

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: TOB Questions - Duh!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 07:04:02 PM »
Before you install TOB, uninstall all mods.  Then install TOB, install the official TOB patch then reinstall your mods (preferably in the order you originally installed them.)

If you want to continue with your SOA party then just replay the final fight with Irenicus and you'll be transitioned to TOB.  Or if you want to start a new game, you'll be able to pick a party very shortly after starting.  If you have the flirt pack installed you can summon the Bioware romance NPCs with the romance active, otherwise not.
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline Lauredhel

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 09:02:32 PM »
Thanks, Kismet.  How do you "summon" them with the flirt pack?  I do have that, and will re-install it once I've installed TOB and the patch.  Must you go to a certain place?  Is there an in-game procedure, or is it an installation thingie?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 09:04:59 PM by Lauredhel »

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 09:32:01 PM »
you can summon party members as part of the normal game, but if you are continuing your SoA game, you wont need to.  your party will already be there.
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 12:07:50 AM »
Thanks, Kismet.  How do you "summon" them with the flirt pack?  I do have that, and will re-install it once I've installed TOB and the patch.  Must you go to a certain place?  Is there an in-game procedure, or is it an installation thingie?

ToB gives you an in-game way of "summoning" NPCs, but without an active romance. The Flirtpack merely adds a tweak to this so that you have the option of either the normal or "my lover" NPC for the appropriate romance options for your PC.

(I assume once you pick one "my lover," this choice goes away, since the conflicts are all done and gone by this point and multi-romancing is not supported.)
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: