Author Topic: Good bye everyone! (not a "leaving forevar" thing)  (Read 6510 times)

Offline Eral

• Planewalker
Re: Good bye everyone! (not a "leaving forevar" thing)
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2006, 05:19:49 PM »
Dear Dwarven Moderator,
I know that seeking to cause harm to others is wrong, and I'm very sorry, but I would really appreciate it if you could contact your gods and organise for Joe to be struck by lightning.
Yours sincerely,
Eral
If you see anything mysterious or unusual, just enjoy it while you can.  - Michael Leunig.

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2006, 06:09:09 PM »
  I hate to distract you, guys, from more interesting topics, save modding, and revive a thread that's been long dead, but it feels like I have to, or rather must do it
  There were no reasons for me to say anything here when the topic was among top ten, and there were reasons for me to stay silent. Well, now I definitely have reasons to post my comment, and smth tells me that I must do it. But enough of the intro
  What I want to say, is that reading stuff like "You're a nice fellow to have around", "I look forward to your return", "God be with ye, Borsook", etc from those whom I like and respect makes me feel like throwing up
  Borsook/ Mikolaj actually never was "unjudging, slow to anger, reluctant to hold a grudge", save the "shining example for all", he's only very good at hiding his real self when he thinks it may profit him
  To make a long story short, he's nothing good at all. He's a jerk, a shmuck, and a crybaby, but first of all he's a liar. One big fat motherfucking liar
  And if there's a God, I don't want that God be with him
  No, Mik, your little angel Lu wouldn't want that He be with you
  Hell be with you instead, my dear Mik

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2006, 06:19:15 PM »
  I realize that someone may ask me why I think it appropriate to post what I have posted above, and I'll gladly answer any questions
  Unfortunately, I only may be able to be back online in a few days (nothing other than technical problems with the comp). My temporary absence doesn't mean that I'm hiding, and I accept full responsibility for what is written in my previous post

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2006, 07:05:53 PM »
k

Why is it so hard to type out the word "something"?
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Regullus

• Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2006, 07:32:35 PM »
Ever get the impression that... nevermind.

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2006, 02:20:26 AM »
It is really irritating to see a person who isn't defending himself get bashed without exactly what it was that this person did being given any lip service. I, and most other reasonable people, am not going to be swayed by a statement of "he is a bad person......trust me." I will, however, be annoyed. If you are going to badmouth someone who is obviously not hanging around to defend himself, at least give some particulars. It's not very nice to sully someone's reputation without factual support.

I'm not arguing that Borsook didn't necessarilly do anything wrong, but I do think that it's a tad unreasonable to lambast him without any details. Either address what he did wrong, or don't post about it. If it's a matter that should be discussed via PM, then it should be discussed via PM. It's unfair to have a whole group of people imagining all manner of things that this Borsook could have done when, in some peoples eyes, it could have been a misunderstanding.....or no big deal at all. If what Borsook did or said was really so bad that we shouldn't be talking about it on a message board, then we shouldn't be talking about it on a message board.
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2006, 11:00:51 AM »
Since when was proper english used on forums ::)
it's about digital talk right?:P
grammar is for school and business so why give a damn when someone isn't that good at english?

I bet everyone here makes a mistake sometime, and some more than others
I bet they rock you in their language so don't complain about that please

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2006, 11:05:40 AM »
On IRC/IM, sure.  There's nothing wrong with a little shorthand and 'net lingo.

On the forums, there is no fast pace.  Why mangle the language just because you're too lazy to type four or five extra letters? 

I'm not criticizing grammar or even spelling.  I'm criticizing laziness.  Type "something" or "your."  "smth" and "yr" are juvenile.

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2006, 12:28:30 PM »
it's not lazyness it's comfort
your not going too invent the wheel out everytime or are you?

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2006, 12:42:29 PM »
It's laziness.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2006, 02:07:50 PM »
Here's a useful link for those who know secretive stuff about Borsook and want to share that knowledge with the only people who should really care: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=1331

Also, l0x0red.
Earn Money Sleeping.