Author Topic: Another Tutu Fix problem...  (Read 3240 times)

Kurisu

Another Tutu Fix problem...
« on: January 25, 2006, 02:29:49 PM »
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/Kazgaroth/Ack.jpg)
when I checked for files of that name, I found three in BG2 SAO directory: One was in the 'Ashes of Embers' folder, another in 'The Darkest Day' folder, the third in 'G3 Tweaks' folder. What have I done wrong, can anyone tell me? I always seem to get installation problems...Thanks in advance.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Another Tutu Fix problem...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 02:48:05 PM »
Hello -

Did you install mods to either BG1 or BG2 prior to installing Tutu?  If so, you might try doing clean installations and then trying again without preinstalled mods.

If you have TotSC, you could try EasyTutu.  It offers an easier installation and comes bundled with the Tutfix core bug fixes.  For more information, check here:

http://www.usoutpost31.com/easytutu
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Kurisu

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 02:52:29 PM »
Ah...
I installed nearly every decent mod under the sun for BG2... But none for BG1...
Do i just uninstall and delete the normal Tutu prior to installing Easy?

Kurisu

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 03:30:21 PM »
Okay, upon downloading and stuff, Easy is using up the rest of my HD. (I only had 800MB left after TotSC, and ToB). Any more help?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 03:45:47 PM »
Hello -

Okay, upon downloading and stuff, Easy is using up the rest of my HD. (I only had 800MB left after TotSC, and ToB). Any more help?

Ack, sorry, you won't be able to use EasyTutu without more disk space.

Your best best is to do a clean reinstall of BG2 (BG2, ToB if you have it, patch, Baldurdash) and then install Tutu again.  Save the BG2 mods for when you are done with Tutu.

Kurisu

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 05:41:58 PM »
Is there no way to get the file I need?
I should've mentioned this earlier, but my CD 2 (White Label 3CD edition) wouldn't let me install "MovieCD5.bif". It just can't copy it from the disc, even when I do it manually. This hasn't impeded my progress so far, but I have a feeling I'll need it sometime.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 06:46:23 PM »
Hello -

I should've mentioned this earlier, but my CD 2 (White Label 3CD edition) wouldn't let me install "MovieCD5.bif". It just can't copy it from the disc, even when I do it manually. This hasn't impeded my progress so far, but I have a feeling I'll need it sometime.

If you want a stable Tutu installation, you really should have a clean BG2 install as a starting point.  I have a feeling the file mentioned in the error is present, but modded to the point that Tutu can't deal with it.

Kurisu

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 04:50:04 AM »
I the XPcap.2da file present in the TDD backup override file into the regular override file. I was playing Tutu this morning. If it does go wrong later...then it's my fault.

cowking

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »

I actually have this same exact problem right now. I can't install easytutu because "moviecd5.bif" is not in my BG1 directory. I did full bg1+tosc custom install, but it didn't get copied over. I tried to do it manually, but I get an error saying I can't read from the source blabla... my cd is in perfect condition.

Easytutu won't install unless I have moviecd5.bif in my movies folder.

cowking

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 06:13:25 PM »
Could someone be so kind as to upload this file to some file hosting service like mediafire, rapidshare, megaupload etc... would be appreciated.

That or I have to torrent bg cd5 and use a virtual drive just to get my hands on that 27 mb file :(

cowking

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »
Ah sorry for spam, just remembered I have TWO bought copies of Baldur's Gate 1, knew it would come handy some day ;D

Problem solved.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: