Author Topic: Ever gonna do IWD1 TuTu?  (Read 2197 times)

Zamael

Ever gonna do IWD1 TuTu?
« on: August 23, 2009, 05:34:46 AM »
Icewind Dale is an awesome and fun adventure, but its 2e gaming system really feels old after playing the sequel and its vastly superior 3e. Unfortunately, Icewind Dale II is in turn piss-boring and way too hard to boot. Baldur's Gate TuTu is awesome, and as such I was thinking if you could repeat this amazing stunt with Icewind Dale as well, taking the vastly superior system from the vastly inferior game, and using it to replace the vastly inferior system in the vastly superior game, thus creating something godlike and bloody amazing.

As of now, all I have to wait is Fred Richardson's project, which is probably going to take forever before it comes out. Couldn't you speed this thing up a bit? Pretty please?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Ever gonna do IWD1 TuTu?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 08:30:35 AM »
DavidW is doing IWD Tutu at Gibberlings3, but it's on hold now.

Try IWD with IWD NPC; may help a little.

cowking

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:05:15 AM »
I agree on this, I recently got an urge to replay old infinity games, was thinking about IWD1 but decided to go for BG instead. Mainly because IWD1 doesn't have kits, DW, etc... would be really awesome to play it with those some day.

While I understand that modding takes time etc... infinity games have aged really, REALLY well, and no doubt will continue to do so until they no longer work on windows OS.

cowking

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 05:15:28 PM »
... and by aging well, I mean I'd gladly buy a 2010 game if it had baldur's gate graphics + widescreen mod and same depth of the game itself.

Modern games are just downright pathetic for the most part, pure graphics, poor gameplay, poor story, low immersion, and worst of all, extremely streamlined gameplay. I couldn't play bioshock for even a few hours because it felt like 1993 Doom compared to system shock 2.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: