Author Topic: IEEP Weapon Creation Noob  (Read 1291 times)

Tom

IEEP Weapon Creation Noob
« on: January 17, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »
Ok self confessed noob here, basically i asked on another forum (gamebanshee) and someone directed me here for more direct advice.

Essentially im playing BG2, and having played it through a few times i t hought it might be interesting to make some new weapons for my characters, not particularly stupid weapons, maybe with some funny twists.

So anyway i downloaded IEEP, and was told that if i exported new items into a tgp (something like that) file then i could play them in game.

Essentially, i dont REALLY know what im doing, i mean i have opened up IEEP, and it found BG2. However from there im lost, i attempted to open up files in the override folder, but nothing was in it that the program recognised (.itm files i think).

Basically i kind of need someone to go through it with me REALLY basically, my level of ICT capability tends to be limited to the internet, not the computing kind.

Thanks for any reply.

Tom.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: IEEP Weapon Creation Noob
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 12:39:58 PM »
My first piece of advice is to download DLTCEP, Near Infinity, or both. IEEP is heavily outdated and should not really be used.

Tutorials on how to do stuff can be found here.

-Echon

Tom

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 12:57:45 PM »
ok im finding DLTCEP rather depressing, i downloaded it and i dont know what im doing. Also i cant seem to find a tutorial that explains it right from the start, for example; i have no idea what do do on the setup page.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 01:18:30 PM »
DLTCEP is the most advanced modding tool but not the easiest to use. There is a partial tutorial for DLTCEP here.

Near Infinity has a more user-friendly interface.

-Echon

Tom

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 02:35:39 PM »
ok im finding Near Infinity "slightly" easier, ive managed to do the Carsomyr task on the website, is there any similar tutorials that go through what id need to do to make my own weapon, or anything similar.

Thanks.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 02:40:07 PM »
This might help: http://www.rpgdungeon.net/cms/content/view/84/79/

EDIT: Links to many other modding tutorials can be found here: http://modlist.pocketplane.net/index.php?ax=list&cat_id=106
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Tom

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 03:28:36 PM »
ok, basically i thought id have a crack at editing a weapon, rather than attempting to make one at the minute

using Near Infitnity i searched for Halberd +2 Duskblade, then i had a play around, and opened up Helm of Balduran in another window, which gives you 1 to AC.

I created a new Effect in the Duskblade, and used the same attributes that i found in the +1AC effect in the Helm of Balduran. After doing this for added effect i edited the text, to say that it also gave you defensive attributes.

Essentially that then saved in the override folder, and when i opened up BG the text had changed, and when i equipped it my AC went down! Was rather surprised.

Does that sound.... right? or is there something major i have missed that i should have done.

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 06:28:14 PM »
An AC bonus will lower your AC since lower is good.
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Tom

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 04:38:00 AM »
yes yes, sorry just a slip of the tongue.  ;D

Attempting to play around with some effect and item abilities.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: