Author Topic: "EasyTutu" Is Available For Download  (Read 38804 times)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: "EasyTutu" Is Available For Download
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2006, 11:04:25 AM »
Hello -

I installed tutu quite some time ago (v 4 w fixpack 13) and then reverted to "normal" to play BG2. Since then I have added quite a few mods to BG2 but otherwise have not done anything to my original Tutu installation. If I want to install Easy Tutu now (so I can play both BG1 tutu and BG2) I am guessing I need to uninstall everything - and reinstall BG1 and BG2 + patches and then install Easy Tutu?

Once that is done will I be free to add additional mods to the BG2 installation without effecting Tutu??

For EasyTutu, you need a full install of BG1 and TotSC.  If you still have your full, patched install of these from before, you are OK on the BG1 front.

You need a clean, patched installation of BG2 or BG2/ToB, full installation recommended.  Since you have modded BG2, I would in fact suggest that you uninstall BG2, delete its folder, and then reinstall/patch it.

Once that is done, go ahead and install EasyTutu.  Once EasyTutu is installed, you are free to uninstall BG1.  Furthermore, EasyTutu and BG2 are two separate, entirely independent installations, so each can be modded separately, and what you do to one will not affect the other.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline wanderon

• Crafty Curmudgeon
  • Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 12:20:57 PM »
Hello -

I installed tutu quite some time ago (v 4 w fixpack 13) and then reverted to "normal" to play BG2. Since then I have added quite a few mods to BG2 but otherwise have not done anything to my original Tutu installation. If I want to install Easy Tutu now (so I can play both BG1 tutu and BG2) I am guessing I need to uninstall everything - and reinstall BG1 and BG2 + patches and then install Easy Tutu?

Once that is done will I be free to add additional mods to the BG2 installation without effecting Tutu??

For EasyTutu, you need a full install of BG1 and TotSC. If you still have your full, patched install of these from before, you are OK on the BG1 front.

You need a clean, patched installation of BG2 or BG2/ToB, full installation recommended. Since you have modded BG2, I would in fact suggest that you uninstall BG2, delete its folder, and then reinstall/patch it.

Once that is done, go ahead and install EasyTutu. Once EasyTutu is installed, you are free to uninstall BG1. Furthermore, EasyTutu and BG2 are two separate, entirely independent installations, so each can be modded separately, and what you do to one will not affect the other.

Gotcha - that simplifies matters some since I can leave my BG1 install as is - the only downside would be losing my current modded game in BG2 and I suppose I could try moving a couple saves from that game to my stash folder and copying it back in after instaling Easy Tutu and then reinstalling the BG2 mods I have. Thanks!
Not all those that wander are lost...

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 05:52:57 PM »
Wow, Wanderon, you still exist. :) I thought you maybe vanished after Ashford City or wherever. Remember your name from Interplay boards (and maybe BIS, though that was a Long Time Ago when I was a n00b).
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Caswallon

• Telvanni Archmagister
  • Planewalker
    • BG Forum
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2006, 05:21:43 AM »
Hello -

Does it check for the language and halt installation? Say, if I wouldn't care about getting an English game, will it allow me to install?
(Sorry to not try it out for myself, but I'd have to reinstall both games... :))

You are welcome to try it.  It will not touch your BG1 and BG2 installations in any way, so if there is a problem you can uninstall EasyTutu and move on (EasyTutu installs as an separate, third installation).

Sorry that it took so long. ;)
Works flawlessly with non-English installations. :)

If I would create a normal Tutu: BG1, TOSC, Patch; BG2, ToB, Patch; Tutu; Tutufix 15 - would I get an identical TLK to yours, or did you change something else?
Man's Mystery
Man is mortal, and doomed to death and failure and loss.
This lies beyond our comprehension - why do you not despair?
--Spirit of the Daedra--

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2006, 07:39:57 AM »
Hello -

Sorry that it took so long. ;)
Works flawlessly with non-English installations. :)

If I would create a normal Tutu: BG1, TOSC, Patch; BG2, ToB, Patch; Tutu; Tutufix 15 - would I get an identical TLK to yours, or did you change something else?

Both my BG1 and BG2 installations included the Baldurdash GTU prior to conversion.  Furthermore, there is one string added to the end of my TLK as part of a bug fix, and a number of game text updates done as part of my ongoing updates, as mentioned in the 07 March 2006 changelog:

All past and present bug fixes (and future ones as well) now include game text updates to improve the grammar and to correct any inaccuracies in the descriptions.

The next version of EasyTutu will feature a working journal in the Prologue, and a fully "BG2-ized" game journal which makes use of the Quests / Completed Quests sections, and erases Quests entries for quests which have been completed.  Quite a large number of game text updates, and some new additions, are occurring as part of this work.

Offline Caswallon

• Telvanni Archmagister
  • Planewalker
    • BG Forum
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »
Okay, thanks. :) If there were no additions to the TLK, it would've been easy to provide non-English TLKs with an identical setup.
Do you, maybe, keep an exact log of what you added where? (Minor changes or changes like the journal sorting that don't affect string order in the TLK are nothing to care about; what's relevant are additions to the TLK and changes to existing strings which alter the meaning.)
If not, then I'll let that go. :)
Man's Mystery
Man is mortal, and doomed to death and failure and loss.
This lies beyond our comprehension - why do you not despair?
--Spirit of the Daedra--

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2006, 08:40:56 AM »
Hello -

Okay, thanks. :) If there were no additions to the TLK, it would've been easy to provide non-English TLKs with an identical setup.
Do you, maybe, keep an exact log of what you added where? (Minor changes or changes like the journal sorting that don't affect string order in the TLK are nothing to care about; what's relevant are additions to the TLK and changes to existing strings which alter the meaning.)
If not, then I'll let that go. :)

Almost all of my GTU work involves a STRING_SET to an existing strref to touch it up, without changing its meaning.  So in the case of the current version of EasyTutu, it's really just the one string added to the end you'd need to deal with.  The next version of EasyTutu will have quite a few additions to the end.

Just be careful in swapping out TLKs.  The slightest little difference somewhere could ruin the entire game.  Also, keep in mind that EasyTutu-SoA and EasyTutu-ToB have vastly different TLKs (because the starting point is the BG2 TLK, which differs between SoA and ToB).

Offline wanderon

• Crafty Curmudgeon
  • Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2006, 05:25:16 PM »
Wow, Wanderon, you still exist. :) I thought you maybe vanished after Ashford City or wherever. Remember your name from Interplay boards (and maybe BIS, though that was a Long Time Ago when I was a n00b).

Indeed I had been hanging around IE forums so long at one point that I was voted to be an "ent" :D

and as you can see the rumors of my demise have been grossly exaggerated altho as you can also see I have changed in some small ways - of particular note here might be the fact I have "grown past" my long time overall aversions to 3rd party mods for the IE games...;)

Not all those that wander are lost...

J

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2006, 06:40:28 PM »
So Glorious!

Easy Tutu is exactly what I was looking for. I love that it installs into a seperate BGTUTU folder. Now I can mod BG2 without having to reinstall everything everytime. Perfect

Thanks again

Offline Kraptor

• Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2006, 03:41:55 PM »

Also the sewer under BG is a bit graphically bugged, there are water tiles all over the place.

I did a test runthrough of all three sewer maps both with and without the degreenifier, and everything looks fine in my installation.  Perhaps you could post a screenshot?  Also, are you using the degreenifier?

Here is the shot:

http://www.pleso.hu/junk/bgtutu.jpg

Also I am playing playing BG2 now and anyone know any mods that changes the item description tells you the armor penalties, hide penalties, casting, etc. REmoves the helmet from the characters and changes the casting animation to IWD1s casting animation. I had these mods with my Tutu and would love to bring them over to Bg2 but so far I havent found these.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2006, 10:45:13 AM »
Macready,

do you think it would be possible in the next version to have EasyTuTu import automatically the BG1 Music (unless it already does it) so that many users will realize that TuTu can support the original, beautiful soundtrack ? Thanks!

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2006, 10:54:04 AM »
Hello -

do you think it would be possible in the next version to have EasyTuTu import automatically the BG1 Music (unless it already does it) so that many users will realize that TuTu can support the original, beautiful soundtrack ? Thanks!

EasyTutu has always used the BG1 music.  It is copied in from the BG1 folder during the cloning part of the installation.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2006, 06:55:40 AM »
Thanks for making it clear! I have one more question...How does Easy TuTu relate to the upcoming G3's BG2 Fixpack ? And what about BG1 WeiDu Mods ? Can we just install them before running Easy TuTu as we used to do with TuTu 4 ?

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2006, 07:50:01 AM »
Thanks for making it clear! I have one more question...How does Easy TuTu relate to the upcoming G3's BG2 Fixpack ? And what about BG1 WeiDu Mods ? Can we just install them before running Easy TuTu as we used to do with TuTu 4 ?

Well Macready can correct me if I'm wrong but I assume you just install it on your BG2 install prior to the conversion, and then EasyTutu will use your nicely patched BG2 install as the basis for its EasyTutu install.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2006, 07:52:54 AM »
Hello -

How does Easy TuTu relate to the upcoming G3's BG2 Fixpack ?

The fixpack will most likely be incorporated at some point.  But really, spells and innates are about the only BG2 things to affect Tutu seriously.

And what about BG1 WeiDu Mods ? Can we just install them before running Easy TuTu as we used to do with TuTu 4 ?

You can install them, but they will not carry over.  I have absolutely zero interest in this sort of thing.  In my opinion, the conversion should be done "clean" and then modded to taste once it is complete and stable.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2006, 07:56:18 AM »
Hello -

Well Macready can correct me if I'm wrong but I assume you just install it on your BG2 install prior to the conversion, and then EasyTutu will use your nicely patched BG2 install as the basis for its EasyTutu install.

Actually, this is incorrect.  Although you are welcome to install it on BG2, it will not be included in EasyTutu until steps are explicitly taken to include it (which will most likely happen soon).

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2006, 08:11:53 AM »
Hello -

Actually, this is incorrect.  Although you are welcome to install it on BG2, it will not be included in EasyTutu until steps are explicitly taken to include it (which will most likely happen soon).

Errr... would you mind explainly why it doesn't work?  I mean EasyTutu still uses japh's WeiMorph Tutu converter, which takes a BG2 install and a BG1 install, converts the BG1 resources and puts them in BG2.  However, with EasyTutu it doesn't just take an existing BG2 install and copies the appropriate stuff into a new folder (the EasyTutu install)?

So, why wouldn't the patched spells/innates/etc be carried across?

Valiant

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2006, 08:14:55 AM »
Hi guys, don´t  know if somebody had already posted this, but I can´t run EasyTutu on my comp. I have two new clean instalations, BG2: ToB and BG1: ToTSC, both patched with latest patches. Only difference due to EasyTutu readme is that my BG2: ToB is czech version. When I run my EasyTutu, it´s saying something like: Error copyinglicense.txt, stops the conversion and finish the installer... Any clue what the f..k does it mean..??

Valiant aka Kiski, 3dstudio master... ;D

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2006, 08:15:53 AM »
Hello -

I mean EasyTutu still uses japh's WeiMorph Tutu converter

No.

However, with EasyTutu it doesn't just take an existing BG2 install and copies the appropriate stuff into a new folder (the EasyTutu install)?

It takes the vital resources needed for the game to run, but not the override, which is where all of the fixpack work will have been deposited.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2006, 08:19:32 AM »
Hang on.  You're saying it takes 'vital resources' but that must include spells etc.  Does that mean you use external copy commands, when surely it would make more sense to use WeiDU/WeiMorph ones that would include patched version?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2006, 08:19:48 AM »
Hello -

Hi guys, don´t  know if somebody had already posted this, but I can´t run EasyTutu on my comp. I have two new clean instalations, BG2: ToB and BG1: ToTSC, both patched with latest patches. Only difference due to EasyTutu readme is that my BG2: ToB is czech version. When I run my EasyTutu, it´s saying something like: Error copyinglicense.txt, stops the conversion and finish the installer... Any clue what the f..k does it mean..??

Valiant aka Kiski, 3dstudio master... ;D

I don't explicitly support non-English versions, since I don't have them to test with.  But if you don't mind getting to a command prompt in your BG2 folder, typing dir > out.txt, and then posting the contents of the text file here, I'll take a look.  There is probably more fat that could be trimmed from what I am attempting to copy over.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2006, 08:22:28 AM »
Hello -

Hang on.  You're saying it takes 'vital resources' but that must include spells etc.  Does that mean you use external copy commands, when surely it would make more sense to use WeiDU/WeiMorph ones that would include patched version?

By "vital resources" I mean data folder BIFFs.  Also, Tutu uses converted BG1 spells anyway (although that may change in the future).

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2006, 09:35:20 AM »
While I suspect this is not recommended, I did install EasyTutu over an already (albeit lightly) modded BG2 game. The BG2 game has a couple of test mods on it.  (I did have Mac on IRC to help out with any problems.)

Tutu is working fine, nothing appears wrong or out of place and I can switch from BG1 to my testing version of BG2 easily.  Note: BG1 was modded after the conversion.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Valiant

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2006, 12:41:39 PM »
Heh, I finally discovered why the EasyTutu didn´t want to install on my czech BG2 ToB instalation. Simply just needed to create file called license.txt in main BG2 instalation directory and after that it worked like a charm... I don´t even get broken savegames in Beregost area...I´m happy.

That´s all. End of message. Will destroy self in 5 seconds... ;D

Valiant  ::)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2006, 01:40:08 PM »
Hello -

Heh, I finally discovered why the EasyTutu didn´t want to install on my czech BG2 ToB instalation. Simply just needed to create file called license.txt in main BG2 instalation directory and after that it worked like a charm... I don´t even get broken savegames in Beregost area...I´m happy.

Is it that your Czech version doesn't include a license.txt, or that you deleted it?

In any case, I've updated the installer for the next release such that an error copying that particular file will be non-fatal.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: