Author Topic: Spawning Characters problem in my mod  (Read 751 times)

kat

Spawning Characters problem in my mod
« on: January 04, 2006, 04:18:46 PM »
Hi.  At some point in the game, two characters, Valinor and Arianna will appear and talk to Auren (my NPC).  Now, before my computer crashed not so long ago, the thing was working fine.  I have the script for the characters to appear in my main script (K#Auren.baf) and then Valinor and Arianna each have their own scripts.  For some reason, after the indicated banter, they arent showing up, yet i can summon them with CLUA and sometimes they'll start the convo but sometimes they wont.

K#Auren.baf

Code: [Select]
IF
InParty(Myself)
GlobalGT("K#BanterO","GLOBAL",12)
Global("AriannaValinorExist","GLOBAL",0)
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
!AreaCheck("AR1900")
!AreaCheck("AR1100")
!AreaCheck("AR1300")
!AreaCheck("AR1400")
!AreaCheck("AR1404")
!AreaCheck("AR2500")
!AreaCheck("AR2600")
AreaType(OUTDOOR)
!Exists("VALINOR")
!Exists("ARIANNA")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("AriannaValinorExist","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("ARIANNA",Myself,0,0,0)
CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("VALINOR",Myself,0,0,0)
END

K#Valin.baf

IF
Global("ValinorAriannaTalk","GLOBAL",0)
See("K#Auren")
InParty("K#Auren")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Dialogue("K#Auren")
END

IF
!See("K#Auren")
InParty("K#Auren")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
MoveToObject("K#Auren")
END

IF
!InParty("K#Auren")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
EscapeArea()
END

K#Arian.baf

IF
!See("K#Auren")
InParty("K#Auren")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
MoveToObject("K#Auren")
END

IF
!InParty("K#Auren")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
EscapeArea()
END

And lastly...I dont know if this is needed or not, but here is the dialogue...SPOILERS.

K#Valin.d

BEGIN K#Valin
BEGIN K#Arian

CHAIN
IF ~InParty("K#Auren")
!StateCheck("K#Auren",STATE_SLEEPING)
Global("ValinorAriannaTalk","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN K#Valin K#ValinArianTalk
~Auren Aseph, is that you? I’ve been searching for you for months. Please, wait a moment…I wish to discuss something with you.~ [K#AureV0]
DO ~SetGlobal("ValinorAriannaTalk","GLOBAL",1)~
== K#Arian ~Auren! Thank the gods, we’ve finally found you.~ [K#Aurea1]
== K#AurenJ ~Valinor? Arianna? If this is about what you offered me before, I will only repeat what I said last time. I’m not interested.~ [K#AureE1]
== K#Valin ~Please, hear me out.  I know what became of Dadrek, and I offer my deepest condolences.  Will you not listen to what I have to offer you?~ [K#AureV1]
== K#AurenJ ~You want me to join your mercenary group, simple as that, and I already told you that I don’t do that sort of thing.  I’m not going to go around hacking to death whatever you tell me to hack to death just so you can get some gold in your pocket and I’m stuck with the memory of it and barely enough to eat.  I’m just not that kind of person, Valinor.~ [K#AureE2]
== K#Valin ~You had no problem hacking Dadrek’s killer to pieces before the authorities could deal with him properly.~ [K#AureV2]
== K#AurenJ ~I…I don’t have to deal with this.  Please leave me alone, Valinor.  I’m sorry for the trouble you went through to find me, but…I can’t abandon my friends, and I refuse to become a mercenary.~ [K#AureE3]
== K#Arian ~Auri, please, just hear Valinor out.~ [K#Aurea2]
== K#AurenJ ~I don’t care what he has to offer me, my answer is still no.~ [K#AureE4]
== K#Valin ~Auren, you waste your life searching for something that does not exist.  You will not be remembered by the good deeds that you’ve performed or will perform, but by the fact that you couldn’t control your anger and your lust for revenge.~ [K#AureV3]
== K#AurenJ ~Lust for revenge?  Let me tell you something you-~ [K#AureE5]
== K#Arian ~Auren, Valinor, enough!  Arguing will get us nowhere.~ [K#Aurea3]
== K#Valin ~(Sigh) I offer you 2000 gold for every order that you carry out for me, Auren, as well as a position as an officer of sorts.~ [K#AureV4]
== K#AurenJ ~What?  You can’t…buy me out.  Just…just leave, Valinor, before I get angry.~ [K#AureE6]
== K#Valin ~You want to use your anger and strength as a way out, Auren, but I warn you, I will be back for you.~ [K#AureV5]
== K#AurenJ ~Be back for me?  What’s that supposed to mean?~ [K#AureE7]
== K#Valin ~Trust me, Auren, I *will* obtain your services, whether it be in a friendly way…or otherwise.  You *owe* me.~ [K#AureV6]
== K#AurenJ ~This…this is ridiculous.  Arianna, are you hearing this?   I don’t own that bastard anything!~ [K#AureE8]
== K#Valin ~You owe me for what I did for you nearly two years ago.~ [K#AureV7]
== K#AurenJ ~You practically robbed us.~ [K#AureE9]
== K#Valin ~I saved your *life*, girl.  When you were bleeding from dozens of wounds and on the verge of death, I *saved* you.~ [K#AureV8]
== K#AurenJ ~Dadrek paid you more than what you deserved.  I owe you nothing.~ [K#AureE0]
== K#Arian ~Valinor…enough.  She is not ready right now.~ [K#Aurea6]
== K#Valin ~(Sigh) Fine, then. But I warn you, Auren: I will be back.~ [K#AureV9]
DO ~EscapeArea()ActionOverride("K#Arian",EscapeArea())~
EXIT

They won't appear in the D'Arnise Keep Area, but is I move to a different area, say, the city gates, valinor and arianna will approach the party and valinor will say his first line.  The button at the bottom of the screen says "Continue".  I click it and sometimes the conversation will go on normally and sometimes it will simply end, and Valinor and Arianna will just stand around.  When I click on them, they say the default "Goodnight and goodbye" line.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: