Author Topic: Keep in TOB  (Read 4762 times)

Darius

Keep in TOB
« on: January 02, 2006, 11:55:26 PM »
I am currently finishing Kelsey for the first time and I just wanted to say you did an excellent job JCompton.

I have a question about the Keep, that being whether you will be able to return to your home while playing the TOB segment of the game?  

Obviously the original programmers were trying to save effort, but one would think that an indiviual with a home and friends might need to return home to take care of business ocassionally.  It's not like the character has traveled to an new continent, and especially with the ability of pocket plane should be able to return home if necessary.  I'd imagine sleeping in my own bed back in my keep might be a bit more inviting for some people than the pocket plane.

Anyway, I would think it's a great opportunity to add a higher level quest or two to ruling the keep if you received a message while in Amketheran.

Clint

Re: Keep in TOB
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 11:53:24 AM »
If the keep remains in TOB, it would also make sense that it would come under siege as a result of the war against Bhaal Children. Other kingdoms would no doubt attack it directly and indirectly as to the outlying farms and supply routes. A situation which would allow for a variety of interesting scenarios.

I suspect gamers are asking a lot from JC for what can be included in this addition. Given the inherent depth of the game, there are so many imaginative paths that can be written into it.

All I really ask myself, is that there is a Mac port so I can enjoy the MOD when it comes out. I will dust off the game case and play the thing all over again.

Offline Ruben

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 11:40:50 PM »
Well seeing Nalia Romance won't be out for the expansion for a long time I won't make any bests on what we will see. But techically if the Keep was moved on its location on the Map, and put it say nearer to watchers Keep, the keep could easily be in TOB

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 06:08:02 AM »
But techically if the Keep was moved on its location on the Map, and put it say nearer to watchers Keep...

;_;
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Guest to the Power of 3

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 08:56:57 AM »
techically if the Keep was moved on its location on the Map, and put it say nearer to watchers Keep, the keep could easily be in TOB

Not really, all you have to do is put the travel icon at the top of screen with an arrow pointing up, give it a decent travel time and people will get the point.

Offline Ruben

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 06:14:43 PM »
True but then you might want to say, "If I can visit the Keep why can't I visit the city again." Its not like the keep had any reference to any particular loctation.

Their never was actually any land or people to see and visit other than the winey people who come and complain about your rule. If you did, you could solve any keep problem you would ever have by slaughtering all the citizens while Nalia wasn't looking.

Offline Hide and Seek

• The one who wields the Blackrazor
  • Planewalker
  • I always begin my day with a good backstab.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 05:13:51 PM »
Perhaps both Athkatla and Trademeet has become "officialy closed" due to the terrors of the Bhaalspawn?  :pirate
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

Offline TormentedDragon

• spleling ninja
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 01:17:32 AM »
That would certainly make sense. At the beginning of ToB, the elves in Suldanesselar began giving you sideways glances, no doubt thinking of the potential threat you were, if not directly from you, from the other Bhaalspawn who would inevitably come to hunt you down. Given the existence of the almighty grapevine, both Athkatla and Trademeet would no doubt know of you heritage by then. At least, a few of the smarter higher-ups would be able to put two and two together. You did take out Sarevok, and it's rather well known you had a somewhat personal stake in the matter.

Now, considering you'll probably have saved Trademeet, I could imagine that they would be a tad more understanding than Athkatla, in which your actions did not have a profound impact upon the decision-makers, aside from the rather drastic loss of the power the Roenalls would have suffered, which I doubt would put you in the good graces of the higher-ups. But even in Trademeet, the priority would be to protect the city, and hey, you already got paid. Lots.

As for the keep, it's entirely possible that you might have to go back and defend it, but on the other hand, the Five have already found you. Illasera takes you on in the forest, Yaga-Shura is already sieging Saradush, Abazigal and Sendai have other things that they're busy with, and Balthazar... is an LG monk (not entirely certain of the alignment, correct me if I'm wrong). Assaulting your keep just to get at you when you're right there in Amkethran doesn't quite fit his character. Therefore, it's entirely possible that to ensure the safety of your keep, you'd best stay the heck away from it. Nalia might even say as much. She's a bit naive but by no means stupid.

(plus, it would mean fewer headaches and a faster completion time)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: