Author Topic: Internet sexuality and 14 year-old girls  (Read 17343 times)

Offline Joe

• Planewalker
Internet sexuality and 14 year-old girls
« on: December 25, 2005, 10:47:06 PM »
merry christms

Why are you showing off your tits (if that is you) in your profile? Aren't you like...fourteen years old?

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 12:20:36 AM »
Why are you showing off your tits (if that is you) in your profile?
   Joe, have you not noticed the bra that covers het tits, or do you have special software to see through the bra?

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 12:50:30 AM »
  And do you, Joe, think it's approptiate at all to use the word 'tits' when talking to a 14-year old lady? There are decent words in the English language, 'tits' or 'boobies' ('boobs') aren't among them, they are vulgar

Offline Joe

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 01:22:44 AM »
Does it matter that they are covered by her only her bra? She is still showing them off. At fourteen, she is hardly a lady. The language is as appropriate as her picture.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 01:24:30 AM by Joe »

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 01:25:58 AM »
Does it matter that they are covered by her only her bra? She is still showing them off. At fourteen, she is hardly a lady. The language is as appropriate as her picture.
You've never been on a beach I gather. I'd say the presence of the bra makes a huge difference.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 01:39:54 AM »
  You definitely have poor imagination, Borsook

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 01:45:40 AM »
Does it matter that they are covered by her only her bra?
   It doesn't? Hmm, I think I have a couple of topless pictures of my own. Time for Lu to have an avatar, I guess

Offline Joe

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 02:03:23 AM »
You've never been on a beach I gather. I'd say the presence of the bra makes a huge difference.

A bra is not swimwear and an internet messageboard is not a beach.

It doesn't?

The intent is the same.

Hmm, I think I have a couple of topless pictures of my own. Time for Lu to have an avatar, I guess

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 02:12:22 AM »
@Joe - Well, aparently Irenicus' choice of avatar may not be exactly wise, but it's her picture, her avatar and it's not against forum rules is it? And really there are so many occasions to see a woman/girl in a bra I don't see a reason to get excited here.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 02:14:21 AM »
The intent is the same
   Only Irene (Irenicus) knows what her intent is. You only have the right to speak of your own intent, not anyone else's
   So what's your intent towards Irene, mister? Judging by your interesr towards her BREAST, it's smth that definitely doesn't go well with the laws of the country both you and I live in. You live in the USA, mister, and must respect her laws

And what does the last part of your post mean? Lu is a silly chick, Joe, and can't read between lines

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2005, 02:20:33 AM »
Well, aparently Irenicus' choice of avatar may not be exactly wise
   I dare disagree, Borsook. Irene likes it, thus it makes her feel better, thus it makes me feel better, too
   To make two people feel better at once - is it not a wise move?

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2005, 02:23:03 AM »
Well, aparently Irenicus' choice of avatar may not be exactly wise
   I dare disagree, Borsook. Irene likes it, thus it makes her feel better, thus it makes me feel better, too
   To make two people feel better at once - is it not a wise move?
I simply meant all the emotions that the avatar started.

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2005, 02:25:10 AM »
I simply meant all the emotions that the avatar started
  Can you speak plain English, please? Is her choiice wise, or is it not?

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2005, 02:30:28 AM »
I simply meant all the emotions that the avatar started
  Can you speak plain English, please? Is her choiice wise, or is it not?
I'm not the one to judge such things, that's why I used "may not be" in the original sentence about this. It is her choice, she has every right to do it, it doesn't hurt anyone in any way.

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2005, 02:38:07 AM »
that's why I used "may not be"
   Why did you not use "may be" instead of "may not be"? Is it not sexism, a priori suggesting that her choice is more likely unwise than wise? I thought you were above sexism

Offline Joe

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2005, 02:42:51 AM »
@Joe - Well, aparently Irenicus' choice of avatar may not be exactly wise, but it's her picture, her avatar and it's not against forum rules is it? And really there are so many occasions to see a woman/girl in a bra I don't see a reason to get excited here.

I just hate to see teenage girls acting as tramps as is so often the case nowadays.

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2005, 02:47:54 AM »
I just hate to see teenage girls acting as tramps as is so often the case nowadays
   You may hate whatever you wish, Joe, it's your own problem, why bother others?
  Joe, you haven't answered my question yet. I am waiting

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2005, 02:49:30 AM »
that's why I used "may not be"
   Why did you not use "may be" instead of "may not be"? Is it not sexism, a priori suggesting that her choice is more likely unwise than wise? I thought you were above sexism
I tried to use as neutral construction as possible, it is probable that I failed to grasp the intricacies of English language in this respect. I hope the rest of the post which this sentence comes from shows my views on the matter sufficiently.

EDIT> bad grammarrrr
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 02:54:29 AM by Borsook »

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2005, 02:51:43 AM »

I just hate to see teenage girls acting as tramps as is so often the case nowadays.
Oh, I have a language problem here, the only meaning of the word "tramp" I know is "a person who travels about on foot, usually with no permanent home, living by begging or doing casual work". Apparently there is some other. Any clarification?

EDIT> missing "is"
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 02:53:21 AM by Borsook »

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 02:53:27 AM »
  You are a real gentleman, Borsook. Irene and I accept your apology
   Joe, don't act like a coward. Be a man, answer my question

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 03:00:01 AM »
  Borsook, I'll let Joe himself translate the word 'tramp' for you. If he has courage of course, which I doubt
  OK, I'll wait a bit

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 03:02:10 AM »
   Eral dear, I can deal with the coward Joe, rest assured

Offline Joe

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2005, 03:05:37 AM »
   Only Irene (Irenicus) knows what her intent is. You only have the right to speak of your own intent, not anyone else's

I am well within my bounds to interpret one's intent through his or her actions.

So what's your intent towards Irene, mister? Judging by your interesr towards her BREAST, it's smth that definitely doesn't go well with the laws of the country both you and I live in.

An absurd implication.

You live in the USA, mister, and must respect her laws

I didn't know she had laws, but I am sure you were referring to her rights, which I have not infringed.

And what does the last part of your post mean? Lu is a silly chick, Joe, and can't read between lines

It means that what you had said was more information than was needed.

You may hate whatever you wish, Joe, it's your own problem, why bother others?

If I see something I don't like, I have no issues with point it out most of the time. I haven't forced anyone to obey my whims or even take what I say seriously.

Oh, I have a language problem here, the only meaning of the word "tramp" I know is "a person who travels about on foot, usually with no permanent home, living by begging or doing casual work". Apparently there is some other. Any clarification?

Tramp can probably be interchanged with slut. It essentially refers to a loose woman.

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2005, 03:17:01 AM »
I am well within my bounds to interpret one's intent through his or her actions
  No, you are not free to speak your dirty dreams aloud

An absurd implication
   You tell the judge

I didn't know she had laws...
  Learn English, mister. America is she

It means that what you had said was more information than was needed
  So, shall I wait for your PM... for starters

If I see something I don't like, I have no issues with point it out most of the time. I haven't forced anyone to obey my whims or even take what I say seriously
  You started insulting Irene. It also insults me

Tramp can probably be interchanged with slut. It essentially refers to a loose woman
  Plain English, mister. Tramp = prostitute

Eral, if you want him, he's yours. Or tell me otherwise

Offline Eral

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2005, 03:28:57 AM »
irenicus has every right to have a picture of herself in her bikini top if she wants. I personally don't like overtly sexual images as avatars, because there's plenty of that everywhere else. However, this isn't an overtly sexual image. Joe is just being a bully (yes you are, shame on you) and judging her for celebrating her prettiness and (horror) sexuality. How does having a picture of herself looking pretty make her a tramp or a slut or anything else? Get a life, Joe. If you want to voice your concerns about the appropriateness of an image, do it without name-calling or being rude.  >:(

Lu, you've got Borsook on the back foot there.  He doesn't want to say he thinks it's a bad idea, but he appears uncomfortable.  Let him off the hook.
I have concerns that irenicus' new avatar isn't a good idea, because she is young, and may attract unwanted attention/sleazy stuff she may not have anticipated - but not because Joe or other ignorant and rude put-down artists are going to call her names. It's a sad fact that sickos do prey on young people on the Net, and I wouldn't like irenicus to be unsafe in cyberspace. (Being a nosy over-bearing sort of person, I PM'ed her this morning about it.)
If you see anything mysterious or unusual, just enjoy it while you can.  - Michael Leunig.