Author Topic: The Chronicles of Darkness: Stockholm Syndrome  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Imoen_Nightflame

• Aerodynamically Curvaceous
  • Planewalker
  • Love me, for I am small and squishy!
    • the moonmaiden's haven
The Chronicles of Darkness: Stockholm Syndrome
« on: December 23, 2005, 01:21:31 AM »
Warning you now, I mention a few sexual things.
CLASSIFICATION: A bit AU, and I use the name of my personal Charname in this. I took some artistic liscense with some of the character relationships, and I use canon from the Imoen Romance mod.

They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul.
Well, I'm no expert on souls, but I can say that your eyes were windows. Your soul showed through like a moth under glass.
Clear and brutal.
Clearly brutal?
Brutally clear?
Oh, I dunno. I'm no good at writing. I don't even know why I'm writing. Especially why I'm writing to you, considering how I never intend to give it to you.
But, you're the only one here that I know.
Cause Jailin sure isn't here. Nor Minsc. Jaheira. Anomen, Aerie, anyone.
And Dynaheir and Khalid. They'll never be here again. Cause you killed them.
And yet...I'm still writing to you.

Do I not impress you? Am I not learnéd enough for your tastes? A simple thief girl who can cast spells? A common pickpocket with knowledge of prestidigitation? I mean, why should you, you who were the court mage, you who wooed and bedded the Elf Queen, you who imprisoned me, caged me, raped me, tortured me? Why should you have to settle for a mere human charlatan when you could have royalty at your feet?
Is that the only reason you chose me? Because I look like her? Feel like her? She of the silken skin and fair hue, exotic looks and celestial lineage? She betrayed you, Jon. She abandoned you.
Why am I jealous of her?
By Mystra...I'm jealous of her.
But remember: she betrayed you. Abandoned you.
I ran away, but I came back.
...I'll always come back...

I don't think it would be saying too much that I loved you. It would be saying too little, actually. But, how do you tell the ones you love, your remaining family, that you love the man who captured them and you, raped you, killed one of their husbands, one of their wives, and tried to destroy one of their homelands? You can't. That's why they don't know.

I'm almost happy that I'm here. I don't have to hide who I am from them while I'm here.

I think the reason I hate myself so much for loving you is that you hurt me and I liked it. I cried, but I liked it. It felt good. I was being paid attention to, attention that had always been diverted to Jailin. Gorion saved us both, but gave me to Winthrop. He kept Jailin to raise, to foster, to make his precious daughter. The only things I could do better than her were sing, play guitar, and steal things.

I gravitated to you, to the attention you gave. I thought, somehow, that a plaintive look, a word, could stir some emotion in you. That I could change you. Heal you. Fix you.

How wrong I was.

I was a little fool. I didn't try to get away. I stayed. During those times when I was alone with you, when you took me on the replica of Ellesime's bed, I didn't think of Jailin, of Jaheira, of Minsc, of anyone. I thought of you, and I thought of me, together. I pretended you were talking to me, speaking sweetly to me, kindly to me...speaking to me at all. Hell, you could barely even keep an erection. Your hate and anger were the only things keeping you strong.You kept on, trying to make yourself feel anything. And then, you got the dryads.

I was tossed aside. I became exactly like those things in the jars. Broken and unwanted. Damaged and tossed aside.

And then, the alarms sounded. I flew free. I escaped. Less than a minute of sunlight, of fresh air, and you claimed that I was a deviant. You had caught me yet again.

And now, as you're opening the door to my cell, I don't mind. You say you won't do anything worse to me than you've already done to me or my friends. My family.

Jon, I quiver with anticipation.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 02:00:11 PM by Imoen_Nightflame »
Oh, Rainbow Hitler, you're so dreeeeamy!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: