Author Topic: Morning!  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Hide and Seek

• The one who wields the Blackrazor
  • Planewalker
  • I always begin my day with a good backstab.
Re: Morning!
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2005, 05:08:45 AM »
Borsook: Ah, sorry about that. I wasn't dead serious me either. What happends, does so, depression or no. I've learned that.
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

Offline Eral

• Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2005, 04:12:56 PM »
Poor Europeans. We need to teach them what temperature is.
And what the difference is between chips and french fries.
*flame alert*
I think I should warn you ImoenNF, that if you continue with your light-hearted jest suggesting the superiority of American culture over European culture, I will be forced to quote Oscar Wilde at you.
If you see anything mysterious or unusual, just enjoy it while you can.  - Michael Leunig.

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2005, 04:26:11 PM »
I hate American culture more than I hate people who don't like people with problems stemming from their mother abusing house plants due to an abiding hatred of all things botanical which originated with their mother's mother throwing a plant at their grandfather when he left them because he was having a mid-life crisis and so he was banging an 18 year old that he said made him feel younger but actually he was banging her because she wouldn't know how pitifully small and ineffective his endowment was due to erectile disfunction from all the blow he was doing in college but she actually did know and didn't tell him because diamonds are a girl's best friend except she was a guy and she thought he didn't know except that he did know and he didn't want to tell her that he knew she was actually a dude because then she would think he was gay and we just can't have that now, can we?

EDIT: I hate people like that a lot.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 04:37:20 PM by Drew »
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2005, 04:51:23 PM »
Poor you.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Imoen_Nightflame

• Aerodynamically Curvaceous
  • Planewalker
  • Love me, for I am small and squishy!
    • the moonmaiden's haven
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2005, 04:52:10 PM »
Eral, darling, I actually HATE Americans. I am greatly ashamed to be one. If I could move to England or Canada right now, I would. I despise George W. Bush as a president more than anything. I have nothing against him as a person (though he is not a spectacular one at that), but he is a shitty president. Nuff said.
And Americans have superiority over absolutely no-one and nothing. How could you think I was suggesting otherwise? I don't find myself superior over ANYONE.
Oh, Rainbow Hitler, you're so dreeeeamy!

Offline Regullus

• Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2005, 07:19:20 PM »
Eral, darling, I actually HATE Americans. I am greatly ashamed to be one. If I could move to England or Canada right now, I would.

Actually, I am quite fond of the US. I am not ashamed to be a citizen of the US nor do I wish to move to the UK (one of the greatest empires the world has ever known) or Canada but neither do I venerate any country above another. I actually do believe in diversity

Now, if we wish to discuss pop culture, well, all I can say is, yes, we do have Britney Spears ( :-[) but Canada has *cough* Celine Dion, and Keanu Reeves. Australia has (sorry Eral) Olivia Newton John, Kylie Minogue, Mel Gibson and others and I don't even want to discuss Germany,*gag* David Hasselhof as a pop star (nor do I wish to defend Baywatch, 1 billion viewers worldwide). Also, EuroVision, some of  those Scandinavian groups. Latin music? Macarena anyone? Pop culture is pop culture and by definition not likely to be great but likely to be enjoyable.

Now, if we wish to discuss serious culture, I would match the US against any country and any country against the US. :)

Offline fcm

• Muahaha?
  • Planewalker
  • Fresh
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2005, 07:33:36 PM »
America's culture is decent. We just like to work ourselves to death . . . which is sad. And we're proud of things like Wal-Mart . . . which again, is sad. I can't say that I don't want to move out of the country, but that's for "OHMYGODIMISSKOREAAA" reasons, which I think are completley reasonable. I'd just be moving from one workaholic nation to another, but at least Koreans take more than a week's worth of vacation in a year. Their national average nears something around a month.

Anyway, no one should ever discuss one nations pop culture against another's. Everyone loses.
Imbriglicated!

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2005, 08:28:30 PM »
Canada has *cough* Celine Dion, and Keanu Reeves.

But we export all our annoying pop stars and terrible actors to the US.

I think that's one of our only trade deals where Canada profits, even if there's no money in it.  :P
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2005, 08:39:32 PM »
   Ok, we have an idiot for president, and jerks lead him and whatever. But I fail to see why it makes people who live here worse. I like folks like Imoen Nightflame and fcm and others - I won't speak names, no offense
   I was born abroad, but I llive in NYC and hope I ever will, and it's the best city in the world, if only for me
 Not that I like less those of our folk who live abroad
  And I kinda don't think that GWB and the other jerks having high posts make you feel worse towards me
  No way I want to start a discussion over politics or participate in such

PS  I also like my neighbors and such, despite even the fact that they aren't PPG members
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 08:44:07 PM by Lu »

Offline Eral

• Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2005, 10:21:44 PM »
Ahh, ImoenNF, don't hate them all. Just pick a few especially annoying groups and then focus on some inconsequential things you do like - like Taco Bell. (God help you.) 
GW will pass - at least he can only be elected for 2 terms, so he's nearly a bad dream. Whenever my country is depressing me, such as now, (a group of people with terribly unattractive ideas about why skin that sunburns easily is better than skin with built-in protection from melanoma are leaping about, beating people up and setting fire to things and our PM is saying we don't have a problem with rascism), I like to think about how stupid our politicians are. There are always tons of examples, and it's possible to have quite a hearty laugh. There's always the people who write fashion items in the paper, and the scriptwriters for Home and Away, as well. Then I am free to think about the things I like about my country. Like good coffee. And Vietnamese soup.

*Please note: I did say ImoenNF was making a light-hearted jest. There was no call whatsoever to bring up Olivia and Mel. You're just cross because you got stuck with them. (Although I think Liv is back here now - I don't know, I try not to pay attention.) I would also like to point out that as Kylie now speaks with an English accent I think we can blame England for her. (Yes, I am buck passing, but really. There is nothing else to do in this situation.)
If you see anything mysterious or unusual, just enjoy it while you can.  - Michael Leunig.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2005, 10:22:25 PM »
I don't find myself superior over ANYONE.
Let's not overdo the modesty thingy. Let's be realistic, I know I can be easily forgotten, hence I remind about myself - you are at least superior to me.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline Hide and Seek

• Planewalker
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2005, 07:07:07 AM »
Why blame Americans for all of it? Let us blame entire Mankind while we're at it.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2005, 10:43:20 AM »
Why blame Americans for all of it? Let us blame entire Mankind while we're at it.
Um.....huh?  Blame Americans for all of what?  This made about as much sense to me as my earlier post in this thread made to everyone else, but I was trying to post nonsense.  How about some context for the idiots like me that can't read your mind......
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 10:45:18 AM by Drew »
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

Offline Hide and Seek

• Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2005, 12:04:06 PM »
Um.....huh?  Blame Americans for all of what?  This made about as much sense to me as my earlier post in this thread made to everyone else, but I was trying to post nonsense.  How about some context for the idiots like me that can't read your mind......
I wasn't trying to make someone feel like an idiot, sorry that you feel that way.
I simply made a sarcasting comment about "supremacy".

Should I perhaps have explained that what I had in mind were more the human look at animals, than humans at other humans?
Ah, whatever. *returns to my silent corner, never to utter a word again*

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2005, 01:21:25 PM »
Not offended.  Just self deprecating. 

Offline Dark Raven

• Bloody Cynical
  • Planewalker
  • Flesh is the law
    • Chosen of Mystra
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2005, 05:17:31 PM »
America love it or leave it.
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Chosen of Mystra home to many mods.