Author Topic: We will not delete your questions and comments about mod compatibility!  (Read 79105 times)

Offline Sikret

• The lion in den of Daniels
  • Planewalker
Re: We will not delete your questions and comments about mod compatibility!
« Reply #375 on: December 10, 2005, 03:43:38 AM »
This isn't really a conscious choice to encourage guests to join. I think it's a matter of security. Members can only edit their own posts. With guests, you run into the problem of matching which posts they wrote with permissions. Essentially, for guests to be able to edit their posts, they'd also be able to edit the posts of other people, which really is anarchy.

Good point! So it was something inevitable.

In any event, my point was that some meaningful and significant differences between the options available to registered members and guests are needed; otherwise, registration will turn to be pointless. For example, the fact that guests cannot send PMs is good, though my experience shows that it is hardly adequate.

Offline Kanain

• Planewalker
  • Formerly known as Kerith_Nyrond
« Reply #376 on: December 10, 2005, 05:07:07 AM »
The only reason I registered here was because I wanted an identity other than "guest" when discussing the (still) upcoming de'Arnise mod.  Back then I figured I would be more active than .036 posts per day, though.   ;)  In any event, I didn't register to obtain any special options.  Perhaps that's just me and my desire for individuality.....
What is this?  A center for ants?!

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #377 on: December 10, 2005, 05:26:58 AM »
The only reason Moongaze was given any real discussion here is that someone who is quoted in my siggy insisted that it should be.

Nope, he never called for a discussion on the issue, he just asked why the PPG staff hadn't started ranting and raving over it, given their apparent desire to inflict their particular style of moderation on all others.  As has been said countless times in this thread already.
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2005, 05:58:28 AM »
The only reason Moongaze was given any real discussion here is that someone who is quoted in my siggy insisted that it should be.

Nope, he never called for a discussion on the issue, he just asked why the PPG staff hadn't started ranting and raving over it, given their apparent desire to inflict their particular style of moderation on all others.  As has been said countless times in this thread already.
As you well know Nightmare asking why something is not done may be perceived (even if here wrongly) as the sign that the speaker would want it done. e.g. "Why isn't the goverment fighting unemployement?" Hence I do not believe you should hold such an interpretation of your questions against anyone.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: