Author Topic: Return to BG2  (Read 5711 times)

Offline Chiz

• On Probation
  • Planewalker
  • Yee Har is NOT a foreign policy.
Return to BG2
« on: November 27, 2005, 01:25:45 PM »
Quick question- when I run the restore program, at what point should I install BG2 mods, and should I uninstall all tutu mods? I'm asking since so many mods require a new game to have effect...will all this work?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Return to BG2
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 10:42:36 PM »
Uninstall things in the reverse order in which they were installed as a general rule.  Although the Tutu restore program really should handle everything so you don't need to uninstall any Tutu mods.  Just delete WeiDU.log before you start adding BG2 mods.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Chiz

• On Probation
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 11:56:07 AM »
[idiot mode] Ookay. But when you do the deconverter, as I understand it, it creates a new "tutu conversion" savegame. Which probably won't count as a 'new game' for the purposes of mods that do things like alter worldmaps.

My order of attack goes as follows-
Beat the game in tutu
Delete weidu.log
Run deconverter
Install loads of modzorz (including lots of yours ghrey, if it makes you feel better for me wasting your time)
Run BG2, play at will.

Would it be better to install the BG2 mods after deleting weidu.log (wrecking tutu, probably, but since I'm about to deconvert...)
[/idiot mode]

Normally I'd just try it and see what happens, but I can see it being very tricky to go back to square 1 if it all messes up.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 07:48:42 PM »
You can export characters from saved games, though, can't you?  So export the characters from your Tutu-final-conversion-saved-game-thing into your heavily-modded BG2 game, and you should be good to go.  And yes, install the BG2 mods after deleting weidu.log, since if you delete weidu.log after installing them, you lose all uninstallation info and things will get quite messed up.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Chiz

• On Probation
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 11:15:47 AM »
Ah. Cunning, I didn't think of that. If I didn't know better, I'd swear you'd done this before.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: