Author Topic: World Cup Glory!  (Read 1348 times)

Offline seanas

• Planewalker
World Cup Glory!
« on: November 16, 2005, 09:31:58 AM »
here we come!

i do hope all you aussies actually living in australia were watching the game - i was chewing my nails and watching the bbc's text commentary. finally, the ghosts of 1997 have been exorcised - i might even find it within myself to forgive harry kewell.

to paraphrase bob hawke - any boss who sacks his staff for not turning up to work today is a bastard! (i just hope my boss is aware of this fact...)
"those who like TDD are already busy giving install advice to newbies" - the bigg

Offline Jyzabyl

• A Blather Sister
  • Planewalker
  • I'm smarter than I type.
Re: World Cup Glory!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 09:42:01 AM »
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi, Oi, Oi.

Wasn't it just bloody wonderful!

PS Good luck with your Boss ;)

PPS I'm not forgiving Harry for the Hairdo though... that was unforgivable... Soo retro Beckham. *shudder*
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:43:47 AM by Jyzabyl »
But I have a left shoulder-blade that is a miracle of loveliness.  People come miles to see it.

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 05:00:05 PM »
I watched House instead, much to my soccer-fanatic brother's disgust. :)

The Swannies winning the AFL Grand Final was enough joy for me. Oh, and NSW winning the State of Origin. I wouldn't mind the footballroos winning the world cup though. ;)

Offline Exodus

• 1 half of the omg we are teh funy team
  • Planewalker
  • Redhead
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 05:41:54 PM »
I was watching this at work and was rooting for the Aussies all the way.  Alvaro Recoba deserved a smack in the face for his comment.

All I want now is to be drawn in the same group as Australia in the group stage.  You'd get a right spanking!!
Public Warning - Seifer is one half of the crack elite team recognised by JC as the "omg we are teh funy" team!  You have been warned!

http://www.omgwearetehfuny.net

Offline Joe

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 04:08:54 PM »
I'm rooting for the US, of course, even though they aren't all that great a team. I'm still glowing from their Gold Cup victory in July.

Offline Western Paladin

• You're not fooling me, 'cause I can see, the way you shake and shiver.
  • Planewalker
  • Jeepers!
    • Gibberlings Three
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 08:47:43 PM »

The Swannies winning the AFL Grand Final was enough joy for me. Oh, and NSW winning the State of Origin. I wouldn't mind the footballroos winning the world cup though. ;)

Probably not this time - they've got Brazil in the group phase.

Actually, most of the groups this time are absolute death. The one with Italy, the Czech Republic, and the United States springs to mind. And I just hope they have plenty of security at the Poland vs. Germany match.
"What was that? I couldn't hear you over the STREET JUSTICE!"
-- Stan Smith, American Dad!