Author Topic: My tutu V6 test run  (Read 6723 times)

the man with the plan

My tutu V6 test run
« on: November 12, 2005, 05:20:55 AM »
I have wanted to play BG1 for ages, but hated how dated it is, so i had a bash using tutu (again....i have had serious problems with other versions, it has never worked). So i thought i might as well try V6.
I'm using XP, original 5-disc BG1 (no Totsc), BG2 and TOB. Installation was fairly easy....i'm pretty sure the de-greenifier didn't run at all. Tutufix also had to be started manually, but that all seemed to go fine. The game works... I create my new half-elf FMC.

Slight issue- why does a level one mage get to choose SEVEN spells on creation?

I got the chapter screen for the prologue, just fine. everything works great up to the rat-fight for that dwarf. I kill them all with my lovely familiar, then try to open a chest. This caused an instant crash to desktop. I tried to open it with my familiar before using charname, maybe that had something to do with it? I know that familiars can't do that but i'm supposed to be testing this.

That wrapped it up for a little while.. i'll run the config and get 3d acc going. Should be interesting.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: My tutu V6 test run
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 06:15:17 AM »
Slight issue- why does a level one mage get to choose SEVEN spells on creation?

I think it is hardcoded and is because they got that many in BG2, or something.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

the man with the plan

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 07:52:37 AM »
Yeah, that figures. I restarted so i could disable slower walking speeds off tutufix (seriously, what is up with that? an ogre moonwalking at you is not a threat to lvl 1 imoen with a bow). I also added G3's tutu tweaks, since they look handy.

The rat thing didn't ever happen again. Good. The water is horrible though, so 3d is out. Any idea why the de-greenifer hasn't worked?

Spawns seem ok, although the ambushes between areas could be better. My first ambush was about 8-10 bandits- one volley of arrows killed my entire party. Work needed, perhaps, or am I just unlucky? Chapters are ticking over nicely, although the latest one had the text waaaay off centre.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 08:31:24 AM »
Yeah, that figures. I restarted so i could disable slower walking speeds off tutufix (seriously, what is up with that? an ogre moonwalking at you is not a threat to lvl 1 imoen with a bow).
While I agree with you, walking speed was like that in BG1 hence this component.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

the man with the plan

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 04:01:03 PM »
While I agree with you, walking speed was like that in BG1 hence this component.

Ogres were not that slow, i'm sure of it.  The party speed seemed about right for BG1, even if it was too slow for me after BG2.  I changed the speed modifier to -1 on the party, rather than the -3 from before. But those monsters were stupid, like i say, I cleared several outdoor areas using just imoen at range.

Other thing- Imoen is saying her line for low-rep parties, I can't remember how it goes, on a loop when you meet her in candlekeep. Meh.

Offline Chiz

• On Probation
  • Planewalker
  • Yee Har is NOT a foreign policy.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 03:08:36 PM »
Me again, though I no longer have a plan.

NPC's commenting on the night tend to say one of their selection sounds instead. I picked the option to delete the "rare selection sounds" on install, in case that's relevant.

I don't get a chapter advance after killing mulahey, although the other chapters have worked fine. I'll shift the global, since it seems to be a common issue. I also got the dream about killing mulahey too early, before I even entered the mine. I assume this won't actually affect anything, even if it keeps happening?

NPC's don't seem to have had kits assigned to them either.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: