Author Topic: AI problems :(  (Read 1207 times)

Offline smithie

• Planewalker
AI problems :(
« on: November 07, 2005, 11:55:41 PM »

Is FindTraps() backwards compatible with BG1? Ive moddified my scripts to suit bg1 according to whats available in the compiler. but my characters will not use this in the game, my theives seem to stand around doing nothing when i want them to be checking for traps.

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
Re: AI problems :(
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 12:08:10 AM »
   What are these "your scripts" that you have modified? I definitely fail to understand your question

Offline smithie

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 06:54:02 PM »
They are just some ai scripts for my characters.

This is the part of a script to check for traps when indoor's, but for them to work in bg1 i had to take out the areatype check + the modalstate check, The problem is that the one for bg1 will not work, When he should be checking for traps he just stands there doing nothing. Does FindTraps() work for anyone in bg1?? it just wont seem to work for me.

- BG2 -
IF
   ActionListEmpty()
   !AreaType(1)
   !ModalState(DETECTTRAPS)
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
      EquipRanged()
      FindTraps()
END
// go stealth
IF
   ActionListEmpty()
   AreaType(1)
   !ModalState(STEALTH)
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
      EquipRanged()
      Hide()
END

- BG1 -
IF
   ActionListEmpty()
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
      EquipRanged()
      FindTraps()
END

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 09:04:10 PM »
   Are you sure that there is ModalState() trigger in BG1? I've just checked TRIGGER.IDS and haven't found it. Could have missed it, of course
   Also, I have no idea how EquipRanged() action works if you have no ranged weapons at all. Are you sure it's safe? I always try to avoid such situations

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 04:11:16 AM »
FindTraps() seems to have no effect in BG.

-Echon

Offline smithie

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 08:05:30 PM »
FindTraps() seems to have no effect in BG.

-Echon

cheers, thanks for trying. I didn't think it worked but wasn't sure if it was just me or not. I thought it might work & just not be visible, but this didnt work when my character was standing right next to a trap.

Lu:
Yes the modalstate() trigger isn't in bg1 either is areatype(), they were in reference to bg2.

EquipRanged() is safe, all my scripts use it in case the character uses ranged weapons, which my thief does by the way. it just doen't do anything if the player does not have a ranged weapon on his avatar, also if you are playing as a cavalier it will not select throwing knives this way even if he is proficient in them, due to the fact his not supposta use ranged weapons.

you need to be carefull with hide tho, because it can be used to cheat. like having a ranger with full plate walking around the map with stealth on :) . or even a fighter with stealth ... in fact anycharacter can use stealth.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: