Author Topic: Bug Reports v1.03  (Read 11798 times)

Online Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Bug Reports v1.03
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2005, 06:40:14 AM »
I forgot to fix the Coronation bug in the last update, but it should be included in the next. If you set the GLOBAL "SarevokBehavior" to 1, he will spawn in the Temple and you can fight him.

-Echon

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »
The new healing spells have no descriptions in temples, and the descriptions for old spells in temples are no longer accurate.

Spawning seems a little broken, reminiscent of TuTu. A few unsuccessful attempts at going around a vampiric wolf resulted in a perfectly reasonable group of bandits multiplying itself into about 30, plus kobolds and another vampiric wolf. I know reloading an area has always caused enemies to multiply, but I don't recall it ever happening to such an extent.

Also, there are points where a new spawn seems to occur if I go off screen and come back, even if it's only in the space of 5 minutes. It hasn't happened with anything terribly problematic... yet.

I'd say there's also a balancing issue with the thieving skills. So far, my party members have been far more likely to level up because I picked a lock than from either monster-killing or finishing quests. If I get 15 XP per gibberling, then 200 XP per lock seems a bit much.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Online Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 11:41:22 AM »
The new healing spells have no descriptions in temples, and the descriptions for old spells in temples are no longer accurate.

This is a known issue which I forgot to mention. As you may have noticed the new spells are also not reddened when there is no need for them.

Spawning seems a little broken, reminiscent of TuTu. A few unsuccessful attempts at going around a vampiric wolf resulted in a perfectly reasonable group of bandits multiplying itself into about 30, plus kobolds and another vampiric wolf. I know reloading an area has always caused enemies to multiply, but I don't recall it ever happening to such an extent.

Also, there are points where a new spawn seems to occur if I go off screen and come back, even if it's only in the space of 5 minutes. It hasn't happened with anything terribly problematic... yet.

Spawn points have mostly been altered with regard to the types of creatures they create and their basic behaviour remains the same. During the making of this mod I spent quite some time trying to figure out how they work since a lot was unknown and I did this in an attempt to prevent some of the things you have mentioned. So far I have not been able to change much and I am not sure if it is at all possible.

I'd say there's also a balancing issue with the thieving skills. So far, my party members have been far more likely to level up because I picked a lock than from either monster-killing or finishing quests. If I get 15 XP per gibberling, then 200 XP per lock seems a bit much.

When I figured out how to add the XP rewards, I did keep the above in mind and tried to limit the amount of XP that can be gained in the areas at the beginning of the game to prevent the party from levelling up too fast. Maybe I was not strict enough. Where are you in the game and what level have your characters reached? Later on it should even out since 200 xp will be a fairly small amount.

-Echon

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 02:36:13 PM »
My party just finished the Nashkel mines and killed Nimbul. Average party level is 4, but I haven't explored any of the side maps. Imoen is probably very close to a level up again, but the PC is not due to being multiclassed.

The doors of pretty much all the houses in Beregost are locked, and most of those houses contain at least one locked chest. I didn't have to pick them all, but I was curious. There are a fair number of locked chests in the FAI as well, and the Nashkel barracks and so forth. Also, I'm being a lot more thorough in my explorations because of the changes to the game, whereas I probably wouldn't have bothered looking in any of those houses or chests in vanilla BG1.

But I think it is to the stage where the XP should even out, and there can't really be that many locked things in any of the wilderness areas.

It's a really interesting mod all in all. Potential for surprise is always entertaining.

"Death dog? That can't be good."
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

LoneRogue

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2006, 12:44:14 PM »
Hey Echon,

I am going to play BG1 yet again, but this time I want to add your FotD.  With all the bugs reported here for v1.03, will you be releasing a more complete and final version soon (so I don't miss anything good)?

Plus, just a thought.  In keeping with the AD&D 2E Rules, would you be able to complete the rest of the Druid multi-classes (i.e. Druid/Ranger, Druid/Mage, & F/M/D)?  :)

Thanks,
LoneRogue

Online Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2006, 12:52:19 PM »
There will be an update out in January and it is not going to be within the next week. Whether you want to wait for that or not is your decision but it is possible to update mods without restarting the game.

As much as I want to, I cannot add any new multi-class combinations. That part of the game is hardcoded.

-Echon

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2006, 01:43:17 PM »
Hey Echon,

Here's another idea that just occurred to me... what about horses?  In BG, everyone is walking around the countryside... where are the horses?  Is it at all possible to create a horse (or even a cart/wagon) avatar that characters could buy at stables, ride across the country, and maybe even use in combat?

Thanks again,
LoneRogue
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Online Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2006, 02:02:18 PM »
No. Generally it is not possible to change the game that drastically. We are limited to altering what is already there or adding more of the same.

-Echon

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »
Hey Echon,

During my installation of FotD, I found that it copies and updates files just fine, but when it reaches the end it seems to stop with some totals and your ReadMe file pops up.  When I close the ReadMe, both windows disappear... is this normal?  Most WeiDU installs tell you that you had a successfull installation... am I missing something with FotD?

Thanks again,
LoneRogue

Online Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 11:30:38 AM »
No, everything is fine. Before the readme appears the new areas are being decompressed which takes a bit of time.

-Echon

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2006, 12:11:17 PM »
Hey Echon,

I am replaying BGTotSC w/ FotD (v1.03) and when I run into Melicamp the Chicken... he just clucks now and doesn't start the whole "help me" dialog.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
LoneRogue

Online Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2006, 12:17:24 PM »
Have you killed the wolf? The Fields of the Dead does not alter this quest.

-Echon

Offline shuggieb

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2006, 03:00:27 PM »
In FotD, Branwen has just levelled to lvl 9 and got Raise Dead.  Lost Kivan in Duergar cave, ran out (cue Brave Sir Robin ;-) ), tried to Raise him, Branwen just stands there twitching.  Tried moving her but no effect.  Thought it might be because Kivan is an Elf, so went back in, got Minsc killed, same problem.

Then cast Raise Dead on a living character and she goes ahead and casts the spell.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Is there a fix?

Cheers,

Hugh

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: