Author Topic: Recommended Tutufix Settings  (Read 2603 times)

Abaddon

Recommended Tutufix Settings
« on: October 26, 2005, 02:37:57 AM »
Heyas all, I've long wanted to enjoy this mod of yours but until now have always lacked the hd space to be able to justify installing both BG1 and 2. Now this problem is no more but I have a couple of minor questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

Basically, the questions I get prompted to answer when I'm installing the Tutufix pack are a little confusing and I'm hoping someone could provide some information on the recommended fixes to apply. I initally thought it would be smartest to just install all of them, but I got wondering questions like... Do I really want unarmoured fighters to be wearing hoods? And, should I remove spells that weren't originally in BG1?

If anyone can fill me in on what the general consensus is about what to apply and what not to, I'd be greatly appreciative. :)

And on one other note, since I don't wish to start threads all over the forum, the Tutu readme file says that the initial tutu installation program will automatically run tutufix when it's finished; this didn't happen for me, is it a problem?

And lastly (honest), it also says in the readme that:

10) At the very start you are prompted to install Dudleyville Bugfixes, Dudleyville Music Fixes and the Dudleyville English Language Text Update.  It’s recommended that you say yes to all of these.

My Tutu v4 installer didn't ask me about any of these, is that a problem?

:)

Abaddon

Re: Recommended Tutufix Settings
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 02:57:01 AM »

I've just done more research and discovered the answers to my last two questions are simply because I am using tutu version 4 instead of 6. Would it be recommended that I use the beta version 6 instead?

My original questions still stand though: what's the deal with the hoods, and are there legitimate reasons to remove the spells that weren't originally in BG1?

Thanks for your time. :)

Offline Dexan

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 09:09:41 AM »
If the latest beta version means that it will no longer crash randomly after visiting Beregost then count me in. Mind you, it might be my setup...

Abaddon

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 09:21:22 AM »

As it stands I think I'm going to stick with v4 for the time being, as I actually hope to finish the game and it seems that might be more unlikely using v6.

Just finished doing a fresh reinstall of BG1 and 2, and hoping someone can still give me some advice on the recommended fixes to apply from the tutufix pack (or if I should simply apply all of them), so I can get playing. :D

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »
I would advise against v6 for the moment unless you are an experienced player.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 08:46:50 AM »
First off, the installation instructions that're the most up-to-date are here:
http://www.pocketplane.net/tutu

Second, I install pretty much every component of Tutufix except the walking speeds, which is still a bit finicky (i.e. it sucks).  Then again, we (Sim/Andyr/Cam/me) wouldn't've made them all if we didn't want to use them.  Were there any you had a specific question about?  You could read the readme in the tutufix folder to find out what each one does.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 11:19:35 AM »
Yeah, I don't use walking speeds either. Definitely use core fixes, though.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: