Author Topic: Working on PnP kits, need a little advice on something...  (Read 910 times)

Working on PnP kits, need a little advice on something...
« on: October 20, 2005, 04:34:15 PM »
  Hello,

As the title suggests, I am working on PnP kits. (for Baldur's Gate II of course) I am currently working on Druid kits at the moment and since I am somewhat new to Infinity Engine editing, I have hit a bit of a snag. For Avengers, the sourcebook says that they receive an additional proficiency slot at creation, I was wondering how to go about doing this just for that kit, and not all druids. Would it work if I made an "Avenger" entry in the "PROFS.2da" and "PROFSMAX.2da" files?
  Also, for my other question... The Guardian kit states that the Guardian Druid gains attack rolls while defending his territory and he gets a -2 to his AC as well. I plan to just implement this by having it do so while he is in "natural settings." It also states that he gains a +1 charisma roll when dealing with other Druids, so would it be possible to do that as well? If anyone could provide some information on these things, I would be very thankful.  I am using Near Infinity for this project, if that helps as well.

Thanks!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: Working on PnP kits, need a little advice on something...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 11:30:40 AM »
If it is druids that interest you you might be enjoy Divine Remix over at http://www.gibberlings3.net - we're adding kits from various source material to all divine classes, and doing a few other things.

One issue we encountered is that a lot of the pnp abilities do not translate well into the game.

You can't add an extra slot at creation for Avengers - you could, however, increase the number of slots they can place in a weapon, or give them a bonus proficiency with a set weapon.

You could do the Guardian's combat bonus with a script recasting the spell when in the appropriate areas.

The +1 CHR wouldn't really work; it also probably wouldn't make a jot of difference in the game since CHR is checked so rarely.

You could always write extra options into existing dialogues that take effect only if the charactye is a Guardian, but that might just suck up a load of your time.

Also, I'd suggest using WeiDU as the installer for your mod - NI is fine for making the spells etc. that the kits will use, but the best way to add kits is with WeiDU. See http://www.WeiDU.org and CamDawg's kit tutorials at the G3 forums I linked to previously.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Re: Working on PnP kits, need a little advice on something...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 02:40:34 PM »
Alright, thanks for the info!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: