Author Topic: Kickoutnot working - wondering if changing a cre to exportable did this  (Read 844 times)

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
I'm beta testing a mod for someone.  Because the soundset was not yet available and not liking silent npcs I changed via DLTCEP the .cre file to exportable so I could associate a soundset with it.

However, though I note the pdialog.2da refers to the correct p.dlg file, whose code perfectly matches Ghrey's 'Guide to NPC creation' for joining and kickout this cre doesn't use it.  Joining works, but on kickout it appears to use a generic kickout speech where it winds up in the Copper Coronet where Edwin always goes whereas it is supposed to go wait somewhere else.

I have a suspicion that I should have trigged another flag when I was tinkering via DLTCEP so that like Weimer does with Sola he can wait anywhere  but for the life of me can't figure out which one.  The p.dlg file for the cre I'm testing exists, but it still defaults to a generic one.

FRUSTRATION, big time!

Thanks.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Is the .cre flagged as Export Allowed?  If so, untick that.

Oh, heheh, I just read the title to this thread a few seconds ago.  Yes, that's the problem.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 01:21:43 PM by Ghreyfain »
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
Thank you!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: