Author Topic: Moving character anmation from IWD to BG2  (Read 1709 times)

Ahma

Moving character anmation from IWD to BG2
« on: October 17, 2005, 04:53:08 PM »
I'm interested in changing my character's appearance to an IWD barbarian in BG2. How I can make this happen? As detailed explantion as possible, thank you.

Offline ServantofAuril

• Planewalker
Re: Moving character anmation from IWD to BG2
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 05:29:32 PM »
I was trying to do the same thing, but with different games (I wanted to get BG2 animations to BG1).  I used this tutorial to help accomplish this.

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=13499

I hope this helps.  I would be able to write down all the steps I took in order but I feel this tutorial will pretty much have more depth than my experiences.

Hope this helps as it did me.

Ahma

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 02:12:28 AM »
I have a question about the part "be sure that you have already written these names in your DIALOG.TLK file". How do I do this?

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 06:42:36 AM »
Don't worry about that.  That's a Vlad tutorial, and that bit's not needed.  When you get around to installing your mod, any creatures you'll be adding will have their names assigned in the WeiDU .tp2 file you create.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Ahma

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 12:27:50 PM »
Thanks for all the help guys. I got the animation in to the game and it works almost perfectly. There were some spellcasting animations that the barbarian didn't have so I replaced them with the standing animation. The only problem I found with it was an error message, and a crash, when I tried to cast a spell with weapons on. "An assertion failed in ChVidImage3d.cpp at line number 899". Otherwise it seemed to work just fine. I used the Black Lich as the base for the animations.

Offline ServantofAuril

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 09:08:09 PM »
Glad I could be of use in helping you with this.  It took me like 2 days to finally get one animation from BG2 to BG1.  So it is doable, albeit time consuming.  After all the hassle though, I finally managed to get the Black Dragon into BG1, and attacking the good people of Candlekeep.  A classic moment hehe.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: