Author Topic: Fearless and/or wreckless adventurers needed for a Beta 6/Tutufix 16 test run.  (Read 21772 times)

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Okay, so I've been taking a look at getting Beta-6 to be the mainstream version, and have been working on Tutufix with that goal in mind.  So far all that's done is the chapter screens/text/globals being tweaked with, so that theoretically the game should work as well as it did in v4.

If anyone's interested in doing a quick run-through--without CLUAing--then I'd appreciate it.  Use a party of killsw01-wielding maniacs if you want, that's fine.  I just want to make sure the chapters all line up properly.

Beta 6 is here: http://www.pocketplane.net/readme/bg1tutu_v6.exe
Tutufix 16 is here:  http://mods.pocketplane.net/tutubeta/tutufix_v16b.zip
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 05:54:40 PM by Ghreyfain »
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
I would love to be of help, Ghrey...Should I install no mods but TuTu Beta 6 and TuTufix 16 ?

I planned to test Dudleyville's extensively starting just today but didn't install stuff yet so I wonder if you'd also welcome a combination of both ? So far I have two clean installations of TotSC and ToB officially patched and without Baldurdash.

I'll wait for your instructions and in the meantime I download both files... :pirate
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 02:58:13 PM by Salk »

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
I'd prefer if Dudley's fixes weren't in there to confuse things.  If anything, just using the Core Fixes from tutufix 16 would be better.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Okay, Ghrey! One more thing: what should we do about the TuTufix version that comes with Beta6 ? Must we avoid installing any component and run TuTufix 16 Beta instead once TuTu 6 Beta is finished or...?  :P

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Yeah, don't install any of the Tutufix stuff.  I wonder if you guys have a different beta than I do, since mine doesn't automatically run version 14. 
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Ghrey the version you put up is certainly different from mine!

I have downloaded directly from this Forum the version (it's still there) that japh has uploaded in July! Its size is 6 Mbs (compared to yours which is 3 Mbs). Not only that but for instance, your version comes with the Dudleyfixes as optional and doesn't grab automatically from the registry the path to the games location...
Are you sure you're not using version 5 ?  ;D

Now before we test stuff we must check what TuTu version we need to run...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 02:09:26 AM by Salk »

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
The one I have locally doesn't install Dudleyfixes or anything, and it (tries) to de-greenify the water.  Is that the right one?  Where's the url for the one you found?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Ghrey, the one I found is here http://www.pocketplane.net/readme/bg1tutu_v6.exe and its link is provided directly by Japheth in his first post announcing BG1 TuTu 6 Beta under the topic "BG1 TuTu V6 Is Finally Here!"...

I confirm that this version automatically starts the TuTufix it comes with...  ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 02:27:19 AM by Salk »

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Oh, okay.  Well, I'll download that one, too, then, and see what I can do with it.  But not now, because I've got to go to work.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Okay, Ghrey!  ;) I am here at your disposal when needed. I can tell you I have successfull installed your TuTufix 16 over the TuTu 6 Beta (my version)...I am gonna test it unless you want me to wait for new changes to the Tutufixes...  :pirate

UPDATE: Since I had some free time I decided to at least check if the Multiplayer initial HP bug was fixed. No luck...Characters still come with weird HP values seemilingly randomly. When I check the baldur.gam file, I see that the HP reported are wrong (so it's not a matter of the Constitution bonus or anything of the sort but a wrong initial HP assignment) like Thieves with 4 HP or a Monk with 6 HP...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:00:09 PM by Salk »

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Salk, does your version of the beta de-greenify the water properly?  With 3d acceleration on and everything?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Okay, the version from the readme folder seems to have a de-greenifier in it, so we'll go with that one.  I wasn't a big part of the beta 6 shenanigans, so I just took a look around and assumed the one I found was, y'know, beta 6.  Will change the link.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Ghrey, the version of the beta I have de-greenifies perfectly the water with 3d acceleration, yes!  ;)

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
I believe the chapter problem is fixed.  The fixpack download link above has been altered.  As before, one should install Tutu 6, choose not to install the fixpack, then manually unzip (don't unzip until Tutu's installed) and install fixpack version 16.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Just to inform you, Ghrey...I am experiencing a Window crash every time I start a dialogue with Firebead Elvenhair in Candlekeep. Here I report it:

AppName: bgmain.exe      AppVer: 2.5.0.2       ModName: bgmain.exe
ModVer: 2.5.0.2       Offset: 000e4959

This happens in a plain TuTu V6 Beta installation with TuTufixes 16b with only TuTuGUI, MapNotes and 1PP's Paperdolls...No other mods are installed.

I will try a new fresh, totally unmodded installation to see if the problem persists and then I update this message.

UPDATE: I put up a second computer and started two parallel and identical installation of TotSC+Official Patch+Baldurdash and ToB+Official Patch+Baldurdash

I am very happy to report that the initial HPs on Multiplayer are now perfect. I tried creating different characters of different classes. The initial HPs reported now are correct! In every single case so far! Good job done here!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 07:41:34 AM by Salk »

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
I apologize for not being able to test further the Tutufix Pack as a unexpected trip will take me away from my PC from tomorrow (21st Oct.) to the 10th of November...  :-\ I didn't manage yet to reach a Chapter change and I doubt I will since I am still on my way to Nashkel. So far the game has behaved well save a couple of random Window crashes but I never know when it's Windows fault or the program's so...

I do hope somebody else can be of help and test Tutufix in the meantime. I will love to resume what I started once I am back. Sorry again for not being useful, Ghrey...  :'(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 06:13:00 AM by Salk »

Luuk

Hiya,

I decided to start a new game today and thought to give beta 6 a shot. I noticed that the chapters don't advance at all now. While on tutufix 14 they (seemed) to be one chapter in advance, with tutufix 16b the chapters simply don't advance. I already wondered about this when I entered Nashkel as I didn't get a movie and a new chapter starting. But now I finished the Nashkel mines I'm entirely sure that the chapters don't increase.

Is there any way to move on to the next chapter manually (with CLUAConsole)? Will this break anything such as already assigned quests?

Thanks!

Luuk

Offline Nim

• Planewalker
Ghrey,
you didn't adjust the dreams, they still occur one chapter too early.  And the chapter 2 text is missing, I guess that you misaligned (?) it even further.

The good thing is that all chapter changes worked and all other chapter texts were properly aligned.

Nim

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
I decided to start a new game today and thought to give beta 6 a shot. I noticed that the chapters don't advance at all now. While on tutufix 14 they (seemed) to be one chapter in advance, with tutufix 16b the chapters simply don't advance. I already wondered about this when I entered Nashkel as I didn't get a movie and a new chapter starting. But now I finished the Nashkel mines I'm entirely sure that the chapters don't increase.

To tell if the chapters advance or not, you should get the chapter screen in Candlekeep right off the bat.  Can you restart a game and see if that happens?  Don't move your character immediately, either.  Try it with a newly created character, an imported BG1 character (BG1_Fitr for instance), and an imported non-BG1 character (One of the ToB characters).  Then let me know if any of them worked.  If not, I'd like you to e-mail me baldur.bcs and _ar2600.bcs from your Tutu/override folder in a .zip file.  Link should be under my name somewhere to the left.

Ghrey,
you didn't adjust the dreams, they still occur one chapter too early. And the chapter 2 text is missing, I guess that you misaligned (?) it even further.

I haven't adjusted dreams, no.

Which one is chapter 2?  Reaching Nashkel, right?

The good thing is that all chapter changes worked and all other chapter texts were properly aligned.

So you got Candlekeep, Sarevok kills Gorion, Mulahey is Dead, Tazok is a pawn, Davaeorn's toast, and all that?  And is that playing the game, or by setting variables?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Nim

• Planewalker
Which one is chapter 2?  Reaching Nashkel, right?
Yes, that's the one.
So you got Candlekeep, Sarevok kills Gorion, Mulahey is Dead, Tazok is a pawn, Davaeorn's toast, and all that?  And is that playing the game, or by setting variables?
No settting variables, no. Only CLUA moving to and fro some areas, I did trigger all chapter changes as I'd do in a normal game, i.e. picking up the papers in Mulaheys chest and those in the bandit camp. So yeh, no need to worry  :)

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Right, that's how I tested it.  How did you not get the Nashkel chapter change if you got all the others, I wonder.  Can you send me _AR5405.bcs, _H1CUT04.bcs, and _AR4800.bcs, or paste the contents of them here?  Just the blocks that have IncrementGlobal() in them, actually.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Nim

• Planewalker
Ghrey,
you're mixing Luuk and me up  ;D
He had problems with the chapter change in Nashkel, I didn't have any.

Nim

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Oh, er, right.  The text is missing?  You mean you get the screen of the Friendly Arm Inn, but no text scrolls by?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Nim

• Planewalker
Exactly. Doesn't mean that it is missing though, maybe you moved it too far to one side.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
I didn't move any text, though.  The text is governed by the number that the "Chapter" variable is set at.  Can you open up the file CHPTXT2.2da in a text editor and paste the contents here?
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: