Author Topic: Max HP Modifier  (Read 1317 times)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Max HP Modifier
« on: October 24, 2005, 04:39:08 PM »
So. It's a problem I've encountered twice now for two separate mods, and it still has me scratching my head. Can anyone shed any light on why the HP modifier effects give seemingly random results? In attempting to produce a creature with 9d9 + 60 HPs (CRE has a base of 1, but set to 9d9 + 60 via effect), I'm regularly ending up with around 200 HPs as a result, where the maximum should be 141. Yes, it's on core rules. The problem also popped up in Turnabout, but I was content to ignore it because it didn't matter *that* much what HP bonus you got (and really, it's not the end of the world here, but I'm frustrated that I've had the same issue twice). What gives?

(On a similar note, the Max HP effect never seems to bother altering current hit points whatever parameters I give it. Seriously, does this effect work at all?)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Max HP Modifier
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 04:45:27 PM »
Reminder to self: If it's caused by embedding the effect in the CRE, I can do the same as I do for Salamander auras and patching a Cast Spell effect into the CRE to avoid scripting.

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 02:59:14 AM »
Constitution bonus?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 12:45:26 PM »
Don't think so. The CRE's constitution is 9, which shouldn't be giving any bonuses.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: