Author Topic: Question regarding BG2 and Tutu (plus Tutu Tweaks)  (Read 2315 times)

Offline Ajax

• Planewalker
Question regarding BG2 and Tutu (plus Tutu Tweaks)
« on: October 11, 2005, 08:25:38 AM »
Have a simple question regarding the Tutu mod. (EDIT: Sorry if this has been asked before - I was unable to find anything by way of Search)  I just finished playing through BG1+ToTSC with Tutu and the Tutu Tweaks v1.5 (or 6 - not sure).  Was great and I enjoyed using 6 BG2 kits through the classic first game.  (The only real problem I ran into was after I killed Sarevok it did not show the final movie of his death.  I was really waiting for that one too.  But that's no biggie.)

My question concerns Tutu and BG2.  I would like to play this party through to ToB.  But I read that when I import my party from BG to BG2 and change over to the BG2 game I must uninstall Tutu and "Play BG2 normally?"?  How exactly does one accomplish this if Tutu is no longer installed, considering the characters I have may or may not benefit from rules incorporated via the Tutu Tweaks?  The Shapeshifter kit for example has significant changes.  Will I have to go back to the stock (and poorly set up) Shapeshifter kit for my BG2 game?  What about the rule tweaks for the spell and THACO tables that affect things likes attacks per round, resistances and saving throws?

Basically, what I would like to know is does Tutu work for BG2+ToB, and if so what install steps are required?  I have uninstalled everything (since I could not get BG2 to work) and am ready to plug my BG1 save game folder into the new directory.

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 08:31:55 AM by Ajax »

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
Re: Question regarding BG2 and Tutu (plus Tutu Tweaks)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 09:29:41 AM »
Tutu Tweaks was originally derived from G3 Tweaks, a tweak pack for BG2. The two are developed in parallel, and there are only a few components not shared by both. One of them is Shapeshifter Rebalancing, which Wes allowed us to borrow from Ease of Use. So between Ease of Use and G3 Tweaks, all of the components fro Tutu Tweaks will be available for vanilla BG2.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Ajax

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 09:32:39 AM »
Ahh I see.  So all I would need to install then would be BG2+ToB, then Baldurdash fixes (if I wish), then either the G3 Tweaks or the Ease of Use mod (or both) correct?

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »
Yes. Actually if you have Hdd space you can simply make two BG2 installs, one for tutu and one for BG2.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 10:40:14 AM »
Right, you can play a modded game of BG2, you just can't have Tutu installed at the same time.  Unless, as mentioned earlier, you have multiple installs of BG2--one for mods and one for Tutu.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Ajax

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 11:28:44 AM »
Thanks guys.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 11:59:49 AM »
And in shameless plug #2, you can either try the Multi-Install Tool or do it yourself to create multiple copies of BG2.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: