Author Topic: Turnabout Released!  (Read 68868 times)

Moongaze

Re: Turnabout V1 Released!
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2005, 04:58:17 AM »
*nods* Indeed, Ajantis and Faldorn make sense. Quayle does too, even though the chance is slim.

Merella, the Umar Hills ranger, always dies, as I recall. Same goes for Phaere, I think. But no, you're right. Adding non-joinable characters will create an endless list that would eventually contain characters like Firkraag, Saemon Havarian, Biff the Understudy, Raelis Shai, Rejiek Hidesman, Darsidiam Moor, Maria Firecam, Lady Delcia Caan, Tor'Gal, the chinchilla Bhaalspawn, Arin Linvail, Sime, and so forth. Er...no thanks. 'Twould be too much trouble than it's worth, aye?

the man with the plan

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2005, 05:58:55 AM »
Biff the Understudy is joinable. When I've played BG1, he joins my party far more often than, say, Khalid.

Moongaze

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2005, 08:06:10 AM »
I've never had that happen, and I assume it's a bug (as in, Bioware never intended Biff to become a full joinable NPC.). I haven't had it happen in BGII either. If you kill him in the playhouse, he'd fall under the same category as Firkraag, Arin Linvail, Habib, etc.

the man with the plan

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2005, 11:06:16 AM »
In BG1, he's not an actual character like in BG2. He's just there to say the lines of NPC pairs, when one of the pair is absent. If the dialogue he appears in is one where NPC's join, then he will join your party. I liked it, and he had a great portrait.

Offline Vasculio

• Baldur's Gate
  • Planewalker
  • Death comes for you! Feel its icy breath!
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2006, 02:08:20 AM »
So far i manage to see Dynaheir, Tiax and Xzar endings.

What order do i need spawn these characters, to get a certain ending? Example: Khalid, i haven't figure out how to trigger his ending yet. I did get the dialog that *hints* to something for a ending.

Throne of Bhaal Graph

A*

M* "Melissian"
B*
               C*

And now for discussing Npcs Summons! Asumming that the rules only apply to summoning death npcs

1. Ajantis Ilvastarr - is 100% a must!
2. Alora - Not Dead!
3. Coran - No, because he can be saved!
4. Kivan - Not Dead!
5. Yeslick Orothiar - Not Dead!
6. Branwen - Not Dead!
7. Garrick - Not Dead
8. Faldorn - is dead and is a must!
9. Quayle - Not Dead!
10. Safana - is dead and theres no way to prevert her death. So she's a must!
11. Skie Silvershield - Not Dead!
12. Xan - Not Dead!
13. Eldoth Kron - Not Dead!
14. Kagain - Not Dead!
15. Montaron - Is 100% a must!
16. Shar-Teel Dosan - Not Dead!
17. Biff the Understudy - Not Dead!

So basicly, anyone who isn't dead shouldn't be in the Turnabout!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 06:18:51 AM by Vasculio »
Montaron- Ye goody-goodies make me sick!
Xzar- Must we be so insufferably charitable?!

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2006, 09:05:06 PM »
Actually, yeah--Gromnir might very well be quite willing to have a crack at pretty Melissan, who lies and decieves. Only problem is, is he going to be angrier at Melissan, who lured him into a deathtrap, or at CHARNAME, who killed him? There's going to have to be some pretty tricky INT/WIS/CHA and maybe STR checks in this dialogue, and even then his final decision should probably depend on a random chance.

The other Bhaalspawn you fight in ToB (except Chinchilla & Company) are off-limits, as the offer to serve under Amelysan as demigods is much more appealing than an offer to turn against her and most likely die.

Offline catling

• Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2008, 06:05:26 AM »
I don't think having Tomoko resurrectable is that much of a stretch - after all, you can resurrect both Gorion and Alianna who were never joinable NPCs but are still significant to the PC. And the Sarevok interactions depending on his allignment would be well worth seeing, especially given the way his character arcs.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2008, 06:15:27 AM »
That's true, but she is not canonically, "officially" dead. One of Sarevok's epilogues mentions hur burial, but in the end of BG1, the player still has a choice.

Offline Sergio1992

• Planewalker
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2014, 08:42:46 AM »
Reading of Tamoko in many posts in the forum, sometimes make me indulge on the thought that it would be good to have a mod to fix inconsistency issue, such as the:

- Gorion's letter (kinda like an extended diary by SixofSpades\date correction mini-mod) to correct what he tells you about your mother.

- Tamoko - making you able even to meet her or whatever, although I understand why the developers left such ambiguity (I doubt that Yoshimo would have joined Irenicus if Tamoko was online), to the point that the fact itself that we can't choose about Tamoko's fate makes the very foundation of baldur's gate tremble.
Was it already decided? What about the history of the gold coin and the fact that our coin had no face? Bah

Any chance that a new version of this mod will never come out? :D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: