Author Topic: Turnabout Released!  (Read 68858 times)

Offline Western Paladin

• You're not fooling me, 'cause I can see, the way you shake and shiver.
  • Planewalker
  • Jeepers!
    • Gibberlings Three
Re: Turnabout V1 Released!
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2005, 07:00:12 AM »
Viekang isn't necessarily dead, there's a way to trigger his teleportation ability in Saradush.

Maybe if you whacked Driz'zt way back in chapter 6 you should be able to summon him too.  :-ban
"What was that? I couldn't hear you over the STREET JUSTICE!"
-- Stan Smith, American Dad!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2005, 10:47:16 AM »
Quote from: prezes
And in next versions?

No. At no time in Turnabout Version Anything will Viconia's brother, aunt, half-sister or former maid be summonable.

Hmm, maybe a new topic should be opened for ideas on more ressuractable characters.

Be my guest, but it will be at best an academic exercise, because we're not adding any other characters who were not party-joinables.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2005, 11:34:12 AM »
Be my guest, but it will be at best an academic exercise, because we're not adding any other characters who were not party-joinables.

This is a very important restriction. Otherwise, Red and I might push for a Chinchilla reviviifivation, and various modding persona would be forced to murderize us.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Tameon the Dragoon

• Jovial Fool
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2005, 11:52:33 AM »

I seem to recall a list of all the dead allies that were going to be included, but can't seem to find it anymore. Could it be from the old site? Huh...

But anyway, to my point. All this talk about who can be brought back and who couldn't got me thinkin', and I just want to clarify; Ajantis is going to be included in a future version, right? Faldorn and Safana perhaps, too. What about Tamoko?

Offline The Pope

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2005, 11:53:11 AM »
Biff the Understudy!!

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2005, 12:38:31 PM »
I seem to recall a list of all the dead allies that were going to be included, but can't seem to find it anymore. Could it be from the old site? Huh...

But anyway, to my point. All this talk about who can be brought back and who couldn't got me thinkin', and I just want to clarify; Ajantis is going to be included in a future version, right? Faldorn and Safana perhaps, too. What about Tamoko?

I feel like we discussed Tamoko at one point, or maybe I talked to myself about Tamoko, but I think the chances of that happening are slim. For the Sarevok factor, it could be interesting, but I'm not convinced there's a significant enough tie to the PC. I secretly wish you could bring back Moira for Anomen's sake, but I sometimes have really bad ideas. See above reference to Chinchilla love.

Ajantis and Faldorn will appear in v2. We've talked about Montaron, but that's still at a brainstorming phase, so it would be beyond v2. I still pulled his soundset, so that's practically a commitment that someone will tackle Monty eventually.

Safana, Quayle and Coran are the only remaining candidates who can die under qualifiable circumstances, unless we invent a dire fate for a BG1 joinable NPC who does not appear in unmodded BG2, such as Eldoth, Shar-teel, Alora, Yeslick or Branwen.

Surayah could be a candidate by component, if I ever git 'er done, provided she's been in the party, whacked by Anomen, and not resurrected in the allotted quest time. 

Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2005, 12:46:09 PM »
Quayle is still alive, though, while Safana/Coran are more likely to have died.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2005, 01:03:50 PM »
Yes, there is a very slim chance of Quayle being dead, but I know I've read Aerie reactions covering that event if it happens during the Kalah quest. I don't think he falls into the completely out of the question category.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2005, 02:21:02 PM »
As Turnabout is one of the few mods I will actually install (as soon as the first and second bug reports arrive and are corrected, that is), and I am a hopeless pedant, I feel I must step in. :)

I think it would be good to have only canonically dead characters in here. Ajantis and Faldorn are rather a "mmm... oh, yes, they are dead" case, instead of  Dynaheir and Gorion's "Yes, of course they are dead" case. But Quayle, Coran, Eldoth, Tamoko - for me it is a no-no category.

By the way, I listened to the sound files recently - amazing Alianna voice work, better than I have seen in mods anywhere. Clear, close to Bioware, no accent. One or two lines I did not enjoy as much as the others, but anyway, great.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2005, 03:02:09 PM »
By the way, I listened to the sound files recently - amazing Alianna voice work, better than I have seen in mods anywhere. Clear, close to Bioware, no accent. One or two lines I did not enjoy as much as the others, but anyway, great.

Thank you. Which lines didn't work well for you? It would be useful info in order to consider room for improvement.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2005, 03:14:23 PM »
D1MOTH08 - the last two seconds - "hailed my Lord of Murder with great *joy* at my fate." In Bioware variant, it was more ambiguous for me, showing both joy and sorrow, (and regret on recalling of the memory ). Here it did not work for me, particularly the word "joy". It felt a bit forced.
(My impression story-wise, not to be truly taken into the account: it was a serious and tragic decision, but Alianna said the word in pure, incomplicated, and thus, perhaps, not fully believable joy.)

PGALIA13 - a very impressive line, by the way. The slow sinking in, full of awe (and something else?), but the end of it, "*at last*" was too abrupt, and, perhaps, a bit forced, too. I could see tenderness->viciousness thing, but still, for me it felt too fast, too abrupt.

That's all. Again, amazing, can't stress it enough. (By the way, is it just me, or  are PGALIA18 and 19 a bit quieter than the others?)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2005, 04:36:26 PM »
D1MOTH08 - the last two seconds - "hailed my Lord of Murder with great *joy* at my fate." In Bioware variant, it was more ambiguous for me, showing both joy and sorrow, (and regret on recalling of the memory ). Here it did not work for me, particularly the word "joy". It felt a bit forced. (My impression story-wise, not to be truly taken into the account: it was a serious and tragic decision, but Alianna said the word in pure, incomplicated, and thus, perhaps, not fully believable joy.)

I want to study that line some more. For the most part, since this was the Bioware material, I was trying to mimic the existing voice actress, but that doesn't mean I didn't let the theme of the added content influence me. I probably was trying to be more of a zealot there.

PGALIA13 - a very impressive line, by the way. The slow sinking in, full of awe (and something else?), but the end of it, "*at last*" was too abrupt, and, perhaps, a bit forced, too. I could see tenderness->viciousness thing, but still, for me it felt too fast, too abrupt.

Oh, ugh. I remember that. The "My Lord of Murder, resurrected at last" portion of that line wast unexpectedly difficult to say. I think /a/ is one of the hardest vowels for me to speak when I'm trying to hide any Southern accent. Maybe the line just needs to be reworded so I can actually say it.

That's all. Again, amazing, can't stress it enough. (By the way, is it just me, or  are PGALIA18 and 19 a bit quieter than the others?)

I seem to remember toning down one of those for some reason -- the "To look at you now..." line. I can look at the levels again without any trouble.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Jovial Fool
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2005, 06:14:30 PM »

I think it would be good to have only canonically dead characters in here. Ajantis and Faldorn are rather a "mmm... oh, yes, they are dead" case, instead of  Dynaheir and Gorion's "Yes, of course they are dead" case. But Quayle, Coran, Eldoth, Tamoko - for me it is a no-no category.

I am assuming you sorted that because Gorion and Dynaheir both die in the main plot and Ajantis and Faldorn die due to sidequests, yes? But I would think that if Xzar is included, then Ajantis would be, too. You cannot enter the Windspear Hills at all without killing Ajantis, so I would expect more people to kill him than have Xzar die.

But anyway, it's a pointless discussion, I would think...

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2005, 01:59:41 AM »
Tameon, I think you misunderstand. I meant that having Ajantis, Faldorn, Xzar and whoever were dead in the mod for sure is OK for me.

But having a character who is not canonically dead - Tamoko, for example, or Coran, or Branwen in the mod for me automatically means I will not play it: from a possible addition to the canon, it becomes a clear fanon.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2005, 09:51:39 AM »
Yes, there is a very slim chance of Quayle being dead, but I know I've read Aerie reactions covering that event if it happens during the Kalah quest. I don't think he falls into the completely out of the question category.

Oh, I didn't realise it was possible for Quayle to die during that sequence...
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

• Jovial Fool
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2005, 03:15:20 PM »
Tameon, I think you misunderstand. I meant that having Ajantis, Faldorn, Xzar and whoever were dead in the mod for sure is OK for me.

But having a character who is not canonically dead - Tamoko, for example, or Coran, or Branwen in the mod for me automatically means I will not play it: from a possible addition to the canon, it becomes a clear fanon.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I misunderstood you.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2005, 03:41:41 PM »

Oh, I didn't realise it was possible for Quayle to die during that sequence...

Well, Aerie has a lot of dialogue that includes the possiblity of Quayle being dead.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2005, 04:42:41 PM »
She does, although in practice it's virtually impossible for Quayle to die in that fight unless you actually chip in and kill him yourself.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2005, 12:15:17 PM »
Can the party summon the Tarrasque if they killed it in the Oasis?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2005, 12:24:11 PM »
*Naturally.

Edit: Oh, but only if you did so by following the friendship dialogue track, instead of just killing it.

*There is no tarrasque.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2005, 12:37:35 PM »
And if I used Infravision before he had the chance to initiate dialogue?

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2005, 06:31:08 PM »
Infravision is the only way to see it...

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2005, 08:02:04 AM »
I mean, I used infravision on the Tarrasque itself.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2005, 08:26:53 AM »
Then yes. I mean, uh, you mean you didn't see that Turnabout content already?

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2005, 08:13:09 PM »
I haven't managed to install it yet. I couldn't find the right button in the dark.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: