Author Topic: Bug Found (actually Bioware)  (Read 3137 times)

Offline MageoftheSands

• Grumpy Gamer
  • Planewalker
Bug Found (actually Bioware)
« on: April 12, 2004, 02:54:14 PM »
I found a bug in ToB that happened between Jan and Naila.  I can only assume that Banter v4 was responsable, since I don't think I have anything else installed that messes with Banters.  Anyway, after starting a new ToB game, I summoned Naila, Jan and some others from the Spirit.  I then use ctrl+I.  Kept doing that untill a Bioware banter between Naila and Jan started.  It ended as normal.  I kept ctrl+I and the same banter happened.  And then again, and again.  It seems to be stuck at that banter.  Booting Jan and replaceing him got rid of it, but I thought I should let you know.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 03:03:36 PM by jcompton »

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Bug Found
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 03:03:21 PM »
Nope.

"Nalia, my dear, you've been positively morose as of late.  Probably from studying all those scrolls.  You remind me of Golodon... prior to his addiction to poppy seed muffins, of course." is what you're referring to, right?

It's a Biobug. I'm surprised I've never heard of it until now, but it's them, not us.

They're missing

SetGlobal("ExpBJan10","LOCALS",1)

in the code. You can do it yourself from the console, just be sure that the pointer is over Jan when you hit enter.

I don't know if this is fixed by Baldurdash or not, but I'll probably throw a patch in for it in V5 anyway.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline MageoftheSands

• Grumpy Gamer
  • Planewalker
Re: Bug Found (actually Bioware)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 03:10:05 PM »
Strange.  I have the latest Baldurdash and everything installed.  Sorry.  I just assumed that it was you guys.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 03:16:33 PM »
It may be something even BD missed... those things have been known to happen.

Believe it or not, we do test these things and we do try very hard to only break our OWN stuff. :)
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline MageoftheSands

• Grumpy Gamer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 03:27:16 PM »
I agree with that.  Your stuff rarely has major bugs.  But you never know.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: